JIPMER MBBS 2018 Exam Date: Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) has released a schedule for JIPMER MBBS 2019 Entrance Examination on its official website jipmer.edu.in. According to the notification release on the JIPMER website, the institute will be conducting JIPMER Entrance exam for MBBS admission on June 2, 2019. The entrance examination is conducted annually to fill 200 undergraduate seats at JIPMER Puducherry (150 seats) and JIPMER Karaikal (50 seats).
The application process for the same is expected to start from March 6 and will continue till April 12, 2019. The Admit card for JIPMER MBBS 2019 exam will be released in the month of May.
Eligibility Criteria for JIPMER MBBS 2019 Exam
- The candidate must be a citizen of India or Overseas Citizen of India.
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination in biology/ biotechnology, physics, chemistry, including practical classes) with English as the elective subject with minimum 50 % marks (SC/ST or Other Backward Classes/ OPH with 40% marks and OPH in General Category with 45% marks) are eligible to apply.
- Candidates should be completed 17 years of age at the time of admission or will complete the 17 years of age on or before 31st December 2019
JIPMER MBBS 2019 Exam Pattern
- Entrance Exam will be Computer Based Test (CBT) conducted through online mode.
- The Entrance Examination will be conducted in two shifts:
- Morning Shift/First shift: 10.00 AM to 12.30 PM
- Afternoon Shift /Second shift: 03.00 PM to 05.30 PM
- The exam will be conducted in English medium only
- The Entrance Examination is common to all and consists of 200 single best response type MCQs having four alternatives and the questions will be asked from the following subjects, and the distribution of no. of question is as follow:
- Physics – 60 no. of questions
- Chemistry – 60 no. of questions
- Biology – 60 no. of questions
- English Language and Comprehension – 10 no. of questions
- Logical & Quantitative Reasoning – 10 no. of questions
- The questions for JIPMER MBBS Entrance Exam 2019 will be based on the syllabus as prescribed by State Board Hr. Sec. and CBSE for XI & XII Standards
- For each correct answer candidates will get 4 marks and for each wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted. No marks for unanswered question