> Entrance Exams
> JEST 2019 exam registrations dates out – Application starts from November
JEST 2019 exam registrations dates out – Application starts from November
JEST Exam 2019 – Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) 2019 Notification has been released. JEST is recognized as a National Eligibility Test (NET) by the Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB) for admission to Ph.D / Integrated Ph.D Program in Physics or Theoretical Computer Science or Neuroscience or Computational Biology.
JEST 2019 Registration to starts from November 1
Application for JEST-2019 can be submitted online at www.jest.org.in from November 1, 2018. The Last date for submitting online applications is December 15, 2018. An Application fee of Rs. 300 (Rs 150 for SC/ST applicants, Rs.150/- for female applicants) is required to be paid along with the application which can be paid through online. Application fee is waived for female applicants belonging to SC/ST category.
JEST 2019 is scheduled to be held on Sunday, February 17, 2019. JEST score are valid for One year.
Participating Institutes have their own eligibility criteria. Applicants who are expected to complete their final exams by August of each year are also eligible to appear for the JEST exam 2019 year.
JEST exam – JEST Eligibility Criteria for 2019
Ph.D. Programme Physics
- M.Sc. in Physics (all participating Institutes).
- Additionally, some institutes accept B.E. / B.Tech. / M.Sc. / M.E. / M.Tech. in disciplines of Applied Physics and Mathematics
Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc
- M.Sc./ M.E. / M.Tech. in Computer Science and related disciplines, and should be interested in the mathematical aspects of computer science.
Ph D in Neuroscience at NBRC
- M.Sc (Physics/ Mathematics), B.E/ B.Tech/ M.C.A in Computer Science
Ph D in Computational Biology at IMSc
- M.Sc./ M.E. / M.Tech. / MCA in any engineering or science discipline, with good mathematical skills and strong interest in biological problems.
Integrated M.Sc. / M.Tech – Ph.D Programme (Physics)
- B. Sc. (Physics / Mathematics) will be considered at SNBNCBS.
- B. Sc. (Physics) will be considered at IMSc.
- B.Sc. (Physics / Mathematics) / B.E. / B.Tech. in Electrical / Instrumentation / Engineering Physics / Electronics and Communications / Computer Science and Engineering / Optics and Photonics will be considered in IIA.
- B.Sc (Physics) or B.E./B. Tech in Engineering Physics , with a minimum of first class marks, will be considered at NISER.
- B.Sc. (Physics) will be considered at IISER-Pune, ICTS-TIFR, NCRA-TIFR, and TIFR-TCIS.
- B. Sc. (Physics / Mathematics) / B.E. / B.Tec. will be considered for Integrated M.Sc – PhD at Bose Institute.
Integrated Ph.D Programme in Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc
- B.Sc./B.E./B.Tech./M.C.A. in Computer Science or related disciplines and should be interested in the mathematical aspects of computer science.
Integrated M.Tech – Ph.D. Programme at IIA
- M.Sc. (Physics / Applied Physics) / Post-B.Sc. (Hons) in Optics and Optoelectronics / Radio Physics and Electronics.
Integrated Ph.D. Programme at IISER, Thiruvananthapuram
- B. Sc. (Physics) or B.E. / B. Tech. in any discipline.
- Sc. Programme at HRI
- B. Sc. (Physics) or B.E./B.Tech. degree in any discipline
- HRI is starting a new M.Sc. programme in Physics from 2017. The Integrated Ph.D. programme in Physics at HRI is discontinued from 2017.
Steps for submission of online application form for JEST exam 2019
- Register yourself before you login. It is assumed that you already have an email-id.
- To register, the candidate has to click on the “register to appear for the exam” link in the Homepage. You will receive an email with your account information after registering with a valid email-id. Follow the instructions given in the email for resetting your password and further login.
- Login to the JEST homepage with your username (your email-id) and password. Fill the form and save it, or, modify an already saved form. Press the “Submit Application” button ONLY when you have inserted and checked all the mandatory entries.
- Upload jpg files of your Passport size photo and scanned signature.
- Pay the application fee online using SBI Epay. Please check the FAQ for details of the payment process.
- After ON-LINE submission of the application form and successful e-payment of the application fee, your submission procedure will be considered complete. NO modification will be allowed after this.