JEE Main 2016 has been successfully conducted on 3rd April, 2016 at over 2000 centres across India and abroad. About 12 lakh students have appeared for Paper – 1 and Paper – 2 off-line mode.
Here, we are giving JEE Main 2016 paper analysis for your information:-
- The Question Paper – I was similar to the pattern of 2011 to 2015. The paper included MCQ’s with one out of four correct options, and with equal weightage to Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- There were 30 questions each in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with four marks for right answer and for each in-correct response, one-fourth of the total marks allotted to the question would be deducted from the total score.
- The paper was set from the CBSE syllabus of Class 11 and 12, however as expected many of the questions were conceptual, and some needed analytical skills.
- About 27 questions were easy, 48 questions were of moderate difficulty and 15 questions were of relatively higher difficulty.
- In all the three subjects, five to six questions were framed quite differently. Few of them were also ambiguous.
- In Physics, there were two questions which had more than one correct answer, leaving students in confusion.
- Mathematics paper was good but lengthy, and chemistry paper was pretty memory-based.
JEE Main is conducted for admission to NITs, Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs) like IIITs etc. and other participating Institutions, the merit/rank list shall be prepared based on 40% weightage to school Boards marks in class 12th or equivalent examination and 60% weightage to JEE (Main).
JEE Mains 2016 Participating Engineering Colleges
States and Institutes which use JEE Main Ranking for Admissions
JEE MAINS Entrance Exam 2016 MCQ Test Preparation Practice CD
JEE Main 2016 Information Bulletin
Tips to get High JEE Main AIR Ranking