Advertisement Writing Format, Types, Examples of Classified Advertisement Class 12
Classified Advertisement Class 12
What is a Classified Advertisement?
Classified Advertisement – A classified advertisement is a small advertisement that you put in a newspaper or a magazine, usually, because you want to sell or buy something or to find or offer a job.
Advertisement writing Class 12
In the Class 12 CBSE examination, choices will be given to attempt any one question out of the given two Short Answer Questions (3 MARKS EACH) based on any of the following –
Class 12 Important Videos Links
|Class 12 English Important Questions Videos|
|Class 12 English Flamingo and Vistas book MCQs Videos|
|Class 12 Flamingo Book Chapter wise Video Explanation|
Classified Advertisement Class 12 Breakup of Marks
The breakup of 3 marks for the question on Advertisement writing in class 12, English writing skills paper as per CBSE guidelines is as follows:
Classified Advertisement Topics
A Classified advertisement is written by an employer who is looking for the services of a person in his organization or to sell/purchase/rent any property or for many other purposes.
|TYPE OF ADVERTISEMENT||PURPOSE|
|SITUATION VACANT||This advertisement is written by an employer who is looking for the services of a person in his organization.|
|SITUATION WANTED||This is written by a job-seeker.|
|FOR SALE||This is written in an attempt to sell property, assets, office goods, etc.|
|TO LET||This is written by a person looking for tenants for his/her property.|
|ACCOMMODATION WANTED||Written by the ones looking for a place for accommodation.|
|MATRIMONIALS||This is written while looking for prospective marriage candidates|
|MISSING||This is written in case any object/person/pet goes missing giving descriptive details for the same.|
Class 12 English Important Links
Tips for writing Classified Advertisement for Class 12 English Writing skills paper
- When you’re writing an advertisement, every word counts. Being too vague or wordy will cause people to skim your advertisement instead of pausing to read it, so the same writing tenets apply no matter what type of advertisement you’re writing.
- It should begin with a heading in bold or upper case letters.
- The language should be according to the audience we are referring to. For example- If you want to sell something to the youngsters, the words chosen shall be good enough to attract them.
- Do not use the same descriptive characteristics for every type of advertisement. For example- In Situation Wanted case, calling for receptionist applications, one must use words that are indicative of the personality and communication skills you are looking for. On the other hand, for hiring a tech executive, it is imperative you ask for skills limited to the IT department.
- Do not make full sentences. The prescribed limit is 50 words and in order to make your advertisement loaded with information about the topic, you have to manage your words carefully.
- Always add contact details in the end either in the form of contact no., email id or both. They are generally given in the question.
- Remember, nowhere in the answer are you required to mention your own personal details.
- It should always be in a box made with sharpened pencil.
- It should be neat and clean with good presentation.
- Practice a lot of advertisements because, “Practice makes the man (or woman, for that matter) perfect” .
Classified Advertisement Examples
1. Principal, Sunrise Global School, Agra requires a receptionist for her school. Draft a suitable advertisement in about 50 words to be published in the classified columns of a national newspaper giving all the necessary details of qualifications and experience required in the receptionist.
2. You are Vikram/Sonia, an Hon’s graduate in history with specialization in Medieval India. You are well acquainted with places of historical interest in Delhi, Agra and Jaipur. You are looking for the job of tourist guide. Write an advertisement in about 50 words for the situations wanted column of a local newspaper. Your contact no. 999751234.
BA (Hons) History topper, Vikram/Sonia, with specialization in Medieval India is looking for the job of a tourist guide. Age 22 years. Affluent in Hindi and English. Well-acquainted with places of historical interest in Delhi, Agra and Jaipur. Good communication skills, persuasion skills and charming personality. Expected salary- 30,000pm. Contact no.: 999751234 and email-id : email@example.com.
3. You are Harish/Harshita of 12, Seva Nagar, Pune. You want to sell your flat as you are shifting to another city for work. Draft a suitable advertisement in not more than 50 words to be published in The Pune Times under the classified columns.
Flat No. 12, Seva Nagar, Pune. Ground floor with two bedrooms having attached bathrooms, car parking available, park facing, best location, friendly neighbours, 24 hour power and water supply, low maintenance charges and reasonable price. For further details, contact:Harish/Harshita 98100XXXXX
4. You are Ram/Rajani. Draft a classified advertisement, in not more than 50 words, to be published in India Times for the sale of a used motor car giving all the necessary details. You can be contacted at 12345679.
(CBSE 2017 COMPARTMENT)
Available black Maruti SWIFT Dzire, ZXI, year 2016, self-driven, cautiously used, scratch less with a stereo and perfectly working air-conditioner. No scratches,Beautiful upholstery, good condition, Interested may contact:Ram /Rajni , 12345679
5. You are Karan Kumar/ Karuna Bajaj, a leading lawyer practising in Surat. You want to buy an independent house at City Light Road to be used as office-cum-residence. Draft an advertisement in about 50 words for the classified columns of a local newspaper. You can be contacted at 45645678.
Independent house at City Light Road to be used as office-cum-residence, medium-sized, preferably the corner one, fully-furnished and ready to move in. Reasonably priced. Interested may contact Karan Kumar/ Karuna Bajaj: 45645678
What is an Advertisement? the Need
The video covers the english writing skills topic of Advertisement writing There are solved examples on Classified advertisement which have been discussed in detail.
The video covers the writing skills topic of Advertisement writing. It covers the following –
1. What is an advertisement
2. What is the need to advertise
3. Types of advertisement
Video Explanation of Advertisement Writing
- Learn English Writing Skills
- Essay writing in English, Topics, Examples, and Format
- Ten tips on writing a good essay
- Application letter to Bank Manager – Format, Types, Tips, Samples
- Class 10 English Lessons – Explanation
- Class 12 English Lessons Explanation
Class 12 English MCQ Tests as per latest pattern (Flamingo and Vistas) – Take Chapter Wise Tests ABSOLUTELY FREE – Click here