H2 – Vidyasagar University announces Admission to PhD Program in Arts, Commerce and Science for 2019 session
Vidyasagar University PhD Admission 2019 – Vidyasagar University, Midnapore invites applications for admission to PhD Program in Arts, Commerce and Science for the academic session 2019-2020
PhD Program Offered
- PhD Programs in Bengali, Commerce, Economics, English, History, Hindi, Library & Information Science, Philosophy, Political Science, Anthropology, Biomedical Laboratory Science & Management, Botany, Chemistry, Geography, Mathematics, Microbiology, Physics, Physiology, Remote Sensing & GIS and Zoology. Life Science, Environmental Studies, Adivasi Studies and Women’s Studies.
See: PhD Admissions
Vidyasagar University PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last date of submission of application form through online has been extended upto: 07th June 2019
- Supporting documents to the Enquiry Counter of the University has been extended upto: 13th June 2019
Eligibility Criteria for Vidyasagar University PhD Admission 2019
- Application for admission to the PhD Program of the University shall be made to the Registrar within the stipulated date in the prescribed form along with self-attested copies of testimonials of the candidate
- A person who has obtained Master Degree or a degree deemed equivalent from any university or institution recognized by this university or such other degree as may be considered sufficient for this purpose shall also be eligible for admission, if obtained at least 55% (general category), 50% (SC, ST, PH, OBC-A, OBC-B categories) marks, provided that:
- A candidate who has completed at least a total of 5 years in UG and PG study in a recognized institution or university;
- The candidate is not currently admitted as a student in any full-time course of studies orregistered for doing Ph.D. in any university;
- A candidate who have regular MPhil/MTech/ or a degree deemed to be equivalent by the Board of Research Studies (on the recommendation of the PhD Committee concerned)shall be exempted from appearing at the Written Admission Test for this purpose and will have to appear only at an interview to be conducted by the PhD Committee;
- candidates qualified at the NET/GATE/SET/UGC (JRF)/CSIR (JRF) or any other exams that considered equivalent by the BRS shall also be exempted from appearing at the Written Admission Test and will have to appear at an interview;
- In all other cases, the candidates will have to appear at the Written Admission Test and if qualified, have to appear at an interview to be conducted by the respective PhD Committee, provided that the candidates obtaining fifty percent marks at the Written Admission Test shall be eligible to appear at the interview
Vidyasagar University PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- The candidates will have to fill in the Application Form through the online portal of the University website http://vidyasagar.ac.in
- After successful completion of all the steps (e.g. filling in the personal details, academic details, uploading photo and signature)
- The candidates will have to pay Rs. 500/- only (plus convenience fee & GST, if applicable) as application fee for the Ph. D. Programme through online mode of payment (Credit/Debit, Net Banking etc.) only.
- Last date of submission of downloaded application form along with supporting documents to the Enquiry Counter of the University has been extended upto 13.06.2019.
- The filled-in downloaded version of the application form has to be submitted at the Enquiry Counter of Vidyasagar University along with self-attested copies of all marksheets and certificates of previous examinations on or before 6th June,2019.
Vidyasagar University, Midnapore
Vidyasagar University, Midnapore, (Dept. of Business Administration), the Secretary, Faculty Councils for Postgraduate Studies, Vidyasagar University, Midnapore-721102, Tel.: 03222-276554, Website www.vidyasagar.ac.in