Universityof Calcutta announces Research Eligibility Test (RET 2019) for Admission to Ph.D. Program in Botany 2019
Calcutta University Ph.D. in Botany Admission 2019 – University of Calcutta (CU), Kolkata invites applications for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program in the Department of Botany for the session 2019
See: PHD Admission 2019
- Maximum up to 48 candidates will be selected on the basis of merit.
Calcutta University Ph.D. in Botany Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last date of receiving application: 1st August 2019
- Date and time of written examination: 7th August 2019 at 1 pm in the Lecture
- Venue: Theater of Botany department, 35 Ballygunge Circular Road, Kolkata-700019.
- Declaration of eligible candidates for interview: 14th August 2019
- Date of interview: 21st August 2019
Eligibility Criteria for Calcutta University Ph.D. in Botany Admission 2019
- Post Graduate students of Botany (or allied disciplines, subject to endorsement by the concerned PhD Committee).
- The eligibility of the candidate will be as per UGC rules.
- The students who have cleared UGC/CSIR(JRF)NET / NET (LS) /SET /SLET /GATE or have obtained DST INSPIRE Fellowship/Teacher fellowship or have passed equivalent examinations or passed the M.Phil./ M.Tech/M.D/ M.E./M.Pharm or equivalent examination shall not be required to appear at the written admission test.
- The eligible candidates will have to appear in a written MCQ (on Botany) examination of 1 hour duration. Candidates securing 50% marks (as per UGC rules) will be directed to appear in front of an interview board.
- The list of the selected candidates for interview will be displayed on the departmental Notice Board. The final selection for joining this program will be made on the basis of the interview.
- They have to appear at the interview on the scheduled date.
- Reservation in admission shall strictly abide by the West Bengal State Higher Educational Institutions (Reservation in Admission) Rules, 2013.
Calcutta University Ph.D. in Botany Admission 2019 Application Process
- Candidates are requested to download the application format from the University website www.caluniv.ac.in (Admission notification)
- Completely filled up the application form and Submit the filled-in application at the office of Department of Botany, Calcutta University after paying Rs. 100/- in cash to the cash counter of the University.
University of Calcutta
Department of Botany, Senate House, 87/1 College Street, Kolkata, West Bengal-700073, Phone No.: 03322410071, Website www.caluniv.ac.in