Calcutta University notification for admission to PhD Program in Geography for the session 2019
University of Calcutta PhD Geography Admission 2019 – University of Calcutta (UC) Kolkata invites applications, for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program in Geography offered at the Department of Geography for the session 2019
Number of Seats: 21
- Reservation Policy will be followed as per the West Bengal Higher Educational Institutions (Reservation in Admission) Rules, 2013
Also See : PHD Admissions
Eligibility Criteria for University of Calcutta PhD in Geography Admission 2019
- Candidates having a Masters degree in Geography from a UGC-recognised University or a degree declared equivalent to Master’s degree by corresponding statutory regulatory body of this University, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency, recognised by an authority under a law in its home country.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, shall be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the norms of the UGC.
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in the Research Entrance Test (RET) conducted by the university followed by an interview.
- The eligible candidates who cleared NET/ SET/ SLET/ M.Phil are exempted from appearing in RET–WP and should directly appear for RET–Oral Part (RET–OP) Interview
Written Part (RET–WP)
- 28th December 2018
- The eligible candidates who cleared NET/SET/SLET / MPhil are exempted from appearing in RET-WP and should directly appear for RET-Oral Part (RET-OP) Interview
- Syllabus of RET–WP will be the same as for the UGC NET Exam in Geography
Structure of RET-WP
- 30 multiple-choice questions (all compulsory-2-mark each) and 2 essay-type questions (10-mark each) are to be answered within 2 hours. The essay-type questions are to be chosen from two groups-Physical Geography and Human Geography-containing three questions in each.
University of Calcutta PhD in Geography Admission 2019 Application Process
- Application Form is available at www.caluniv.ac.in
- Filled-in form, accompanied by a one-page research proposal and copies of MA/MSc mark-sheet and NET/SET/SLET/MPhil certificate (if applicable), will have to be submitted at the Dept. Office after paying the prescribed Fee at the University Cash Counter
- Applications are invited from candidates intending to enrol for the PhD program in Geography in before that, the payment challan has to be endorsed by the HoD
University of Calcutta PhD in Geography Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last Date for Submission of Applications 18th December 2018
- Display of the List of eligible candidates: 21st December 2018
- Date of Research Eligibility Test Written Part (RET–WP): 28th December 2018
- Display of the List of Successful candidates in RET-WP: 07th January 2019
- Date of RET-OP Interview: 17 & 18th January 2019
- Commencement of PhD Coursework (Tentative): 18th February 2019
University of Calcutta
Department of Geography, University of Calcutta 35 Ballygunj Circular Road, Calcutta-700019, Telephone: (+91) (33) 2461-5445, Extn 370 & 378 Fax: (+91) (33) 2461-4849; Web www.caluniv.ac.in