Swami Rama Himalayan University (SRHU) announces Admission to PhD Program 2020 (January Session)
Swami Rama Himalayan University PhD Admission 2020 – Swami Rama Himalayan University has invited application for admission to full-time PhD Program 2020 for the January Session.
Candidates can read the complete detail of SRHU PhD Entrance Exam 2020 such as application forms, eligibility criteria & other information on this page given below.
The admissions to PhD Programs offered by the University are made purely on merit decided by the University (wherever applicable). Public, in general, is informed that Swami Rama Himalayan University or its constituent colleges have never authorized/solicited any person(s) or any agent(s) for admissions in the PhD Programs.
Be it known to all that there is no management quota in the University or its Constituent Colleges/Schools.
SRHU Doctoral Degree Programs
- The University is offering Ph.D. Program in the following areas:
- Bioscience (Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Microbiology); Brain & Mind Sciences; Epidemiology; Hospital Administration; Immunology; Management (Finance & Financial Marketing, Human Resource Management, Marketing Management); Medical Physics; Nursing Science; Neuroscience; Oncology Sciences; Pharmacology; Physiology
SRHU Phd Admission 2020 Important Dates
- Schedule for online submission of Application Forms & Requisite Fee: 23rd October to 31st December 2019
- Last date for online submission of Application Forms: 31st December 2019
- Date of downloading Admit-Cards from University Website: 10th January 2020 (After 4.30 PM)
- Date of Entrance Exam: 19th January 2020 (Sunday, 10:00 am to 12:00 noon)
- Date of Uploading Answer Keys on University Website: 22nd January 2020
- Declaration of Result: 30th January 2020
- Personal Interaction & Interview Tentatively between: 01st to 15th February 2020
Eligibility Criteria for SRHU Phd Admission 2020
- Candidates for admission to the PhD Program shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7 point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed).
- A relaxation of 5% marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC.
See: Latest Entrance Exam Notification
- The Program commences every year January & July. The University will start the process of admission 6 (six) months before commencement of the course.
- Prospective applicants shall apply for admission to the PhD Program before the last date as prescribed by the University.
- A candidate who has qualified in the UGC/CSIR /(JRF) Exam /SLET / GATE/Teacher fellowship holder or who has been awarded the M Phil Degree shall be exempted from appearing in the Entrance Exam.
PhD Entrance Exam Pattern
Written Entrance Exam: 100 Marks
- Syllabus: The Question paper will comprise of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) of two sections: Research Methodology (50%) and Subject Specific (50%) (as per SRHU syllabus)
- Date of Written Entrance Exam: 19th January, 2020 (Sunday).
- Duration of Written Entrance Exam: 2 Hrs (10:00 AM to 12:00 NOON)
- Time of Reporting: 9:30 AM with original and valid Photo ID (PAN Card, DL and Aadhar Card)
- Answer of the Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) should be marked by the candidate using black ink ball point pen only.
- Language of question paper will be in English medium only.
- There is no penalty (negative marking) for wrong answers marked by the candidate
Center for Written Entrance Exam:
- Swami Rama Himalayan University Campus, Jolly Grant, Dehradun.
Personal Interaction and Interview: 50 Marks
- Syllabus: Qualified candidates are required to discuss proposed area of research in the form of PPT, before a duly constituted Departmental Research Committee (DRC)
- The Personal Interaction and Interview shall also consider the following aspects, viz. whether:
- The candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research;
- The research work can be suitably undertaken at the Institution/College;
- The proposed area of research can contribute to new/additional knowledge.
- The assessment of the Ph.D. candidates in Personal Interaction and Interview shall be on the basis of following criteria:
- a) Presentation (15 Marks); b) Knowledge (20 Marks); c) Aptitude for Research (15 Marks)
- GPAT/JRF/GATE/NET/M.Phil. (UGC/ CSIR) qualified candidates are exempted from Written Entrance Examination. However, they will have to appear for personal interaction and interview as notified. (The UGC NET/SLET/GATE/GPAT Certificate shall be valid till Three (3) years from the date of declaration of the Result or issuing the certificates).
- A candidate who has secured a minimum of 50% marks each in the Entrance Examination and Personal Interaction and Interview separately, shall be considered eligible for admission into the Ph.D. programme of the University.
- In the final merit list a weightage of 70% to the Written Entrance Examination and 30% to the performance in the Personal Interaction and Interview shall be given.
- GPAT/JRF/GATE/NET/M.Phil. (UGC/ CSIR) qualified candidates are required to score 50% marks in the personal interaction and interview shall be considered eligible for admission into the Ph.D. programme of the University.
SRHU Phd Admission 2020 Application Process
- The Application Form is available on the University Website, i.e. www.srhu.edu.in
- Interested applicants may upload the application form and must submit the duly filled in form by post latest by 23rd October to 31st December 2019 to the Registrar, Swami Rama Himalayan University, Swami Ram Nagar, P.O. Doiwala Dehradun, Uttarakhand..
- Online Application Fee Rs.1000/- + Transaction Charges as applicable.
- Additional Examination Fee of Rs.2500/- shall be charged in case the candidate fails to complete the course work in the first attempt.
See: Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
For more details, please visit official website www.srhu.edu.in
Swami Rama Himalayan University
Swami Rama Himalayan University, Swami Ram Nagar, Jolly Grant, Dehradun – 248016, Uttarakhand (India), Phone: 0135- 2471602 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: www.srhu.edu.in