SVVU announces Admission into PhD Courses in the Faculty of Veterinary Science 2019-2020
Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University PhD Admission 2019 – Applications from eligible candidates are invited for Admission into PhD Courses in the Faculty of Veterinary Science for the academic year 2019-2020
Applications are invited from the candidates belonging to Andhra Pradesh for 85% seats.
The 15% of seats are open for candidates of both Andhra Pradesh and Telangana provided the latter appear for Entrance Test conducted by SVVU. However candidates from Telangana are not eligible for stipend.
Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Date of Notification: 11th November 2019
- Last date for receipt of Applications: 13th December 2019
- Date of Entrance test: 08th January 2020
- Display of Qualified candidates list: 09th January 2020
- Date of Interview: 17th January 2020
- Registration of I semester of Ph.D during the Academic Year 2019-20: 22nd January 2020
Number of seats
- Seats in Ph.D Courses for fresh candidates:
- 1. Animal Genetics & Breeding – 1 Seat; 2. Animal Nutrition – 1 + 1 EWS Seats; 3. Livestock Production Management – 1 Seat; 4. Livestock Products Technology – 1 Seat; 5. Veterinary Anatomy – 2 Seats; 6. Veterinary & Animal Husbandry Extension Education – 1 Seat; 7. Veterinary Biochemistry – 1 Seat; 8. Veterinary Gynaecology & Obstetrics – 2 Seats; 9. Veterinary Medicine – 1 + 1 EWS Seats; 10. Veterinary Microbiology – 2 Seats; 11. Veterinary Parasitology – 2 Seats; 12. Veterinary Pathology – 2 Seats; 13. Veterinary Pharmacology & Toxicology – 1 Seat; 14. Veterinary Physiology – 1 Seat; 15 Veterinary Public Health and Epidemiology – 2 Seats; 16. Veterinary Surgery & Radiology – 2 Seats
- Total: 23+2 (EWS)
College at which the courses will be offered
- 1, 4 & 13 shall be offered at NTR College of Veterinary Science, Gannavaram; 2, 3, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 15 & 16 shall be offered both at CVSc, Tirupati and NTR CVSc, Gannavaram; 6, 7 & 14 shall be offered at the College of Veterinary Science, Tirupati
Also See : Admissions Notification
Eligibility Criteria for Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University PhD Admission 2019
- Master of Science or an equivalent examination in Veterinary Science from SVVU/ANGRAU or from an institution accredited by ICAR in the concerned field of specialization with at least 70% marks in the aggregate under traditional system of examination or an OGPA of 2.7 or above in 4.00 point scale or OGPA of 6.50 or above in 10.00 point scale in grade point system. In the case of SC, ST and PH candidates, 60% marks in the aggregate under traditional system in Master of Veterinary Science under traditional system or OGPA of 2.5 out of 4.00 or 6.00 out of 10.00 under
- Grade Point system is sufficient. The Basic Degree i.e. B.V.Sc & A.H. is essential. The candidates awaiting final thesis viva voce result may apply. But they have to produce provisional certificate on or before the date of entrance examination failing which they shall not be allowed for entrance examination.
- For admission into Ph.D in the following specializations in Veterinary Science, candidates who possess M.V.Sc. in the major fields specified against each are also eligible.
- The upper age limit is 50 years as on 01-07-2019 including ICAR Senior Research fellowship holders.
Reservations of Seats
- 15%, 6% and 29% of the seats are reserved for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Backward Classes respectively.
- For Physically challenged candidates 3% seats are reserved as per the Govt. norms.
- For Women: 1/3rd of the total seats shall be reserved for women. If no lady candidate is available it will be filled up by men.
- 10% of the seats over and above the sanctioned seats are earmarked for EWS as per G.O MS No.60 (BCW(F) department, dated 27.07.2019 & G.O Ms No. 39 HE (EC), dated 30.07.2019.
- In case of disciplines with more than 3 seats, 85% of seats shall be reserved in favour of candidates belonging to Andhra University & Sri Venkateswara University / local areas at the rate of 66 & 34% respectively.
- The Weightage of marks will be as follows:
- Entrance Test: 50
- M.V.Sc level: 20
- B.V.Sc level: 10
- Interview performance: 20
- Total: 100 marks
- The qualifying marks in the entrance test shall be 50%. In case of SC/ST/PH candidates, there are no qualifying marks to the extent of seats reserved for them. SC/ST/PH Candidates claiming seats under general category have to obtain at least 50% marks in the entrance test. The entrance test of one hour duration shall consist of 100 multiple choice questions each of one mark weightage covering Post graduate courses listed in respective discipline with 600 series. The candidates have to mark answers by darkening circles on OMR sheets
- Information about the qualifying candidates in entrance test will be displayed on University website www.svvu.edu.in on 09th January 2020
- Selection of candidates for admission to Ph.D courses shall be made by a Selection Committee constituted by the Vice-Chancellor. The candidates who are eligible for admission to the course should appear for entrance test and interview before selection committee at Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University, Tirupati at their own expenses.
Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- The applications shall be downloaded from the University website, www.svvu.edu.in.
- The downloaded and duly filled in downloaded application along with attested copies of required certificates and copy of the counterfoil of Registration Fee paid @ Rs.1200/-, (Rs.600/- in case of SC/ST/PH candidates) Exclusive of commission charges of Bank through online preferably in Andhra Bank or any Nationalized bank favouring COMPTROLLER, SVVU, payable at Andhra Bank, Thummalagunta branch, Tirupati, Account No:209810100016530, IFSC Code:ANDB0002098 having UTR No./Transaction ID , should reach the Registrar, SVVU, Administrative Office, Dr.Y.S.R. Bhavan, Tirupati – 517502 on or before 13th December 2019 by 4.00 p.m. either in person or by Registered Post with Acknowledgement due.
- Application received after this due date will summarily be rejected. Candidates who are in employment should send their applications through proper channel. The University is not responsible for any postal delay.
- Those already employed must send their applications through their employers so as to reach on or before the last date prescribed. However, they may send advance copies of applications with certificates to avoid delay in forwarding of applications by the employers.
- The Hall tickets can be obtained from the PG section, Administrative Office, SVVU, Tirupati during the working days and working hours from 04th January 2020 to 07th January 2020.
Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University, Administrative Office, Dr. Y.S.R. Bhavan, Tirupati-517502, Website: www.svvu.edu.in