> SCI Mumbai DNS Course leading to B.Sc. Applied Nautical Science 2019
SCI Mumbai DNS Course leading to B.Sc. Applied Nautical Science 2019
Shipping Corporation of India announces Diploma in Nautical Science leading to B.Sc. Applied Nautical Science 2019
SCI Mumbai DNS Course Admission 2019 – Shipping Corporation of India (SCI) invites application from eligible, unmarried and medically fit male/female candidates, Indian nationals, who are desirous of pursuing a career at sea, for the DNS Course leading to B.Sc. (Applied Nautical Science) for February 2019 Batch One Year Residential Diploma in Nautical Science leading to B.Sc. Applied Nautical Science (IMU) 2019
All interested candidates must appear and qualify IMU CET i.e. Common Entrance Test which is mandatory in order to join MTI Powai. Final selection will be purely on the merit list of IMU CET Results
Also See : Admission Notification
Duration of Course & Onboard Training
- 12 months Pre-Sea Training course followed by 18 months of Structured Shipboard Training as TNO (Deck Cadet) under Indian Maritime University (IMU) – Directorate General of Shipping (D G Shipping) project, leading to Degree in B. Sc. (Nautical Science) to be conducted at Maritime Training Institute at Powai (Mumbai), owned by The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd.
- Commencement of Course – 01st February 2019 (Tentative)
Eligibility Criteria for SCI Mumbai DNS Course Admission 2019
- Applicant must Pass in 10+2 examination from a recognized Board with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics (PCM) with not less than 60% marks. Students who have appeared for 10+2 examination and waiting for results are also eligible to apply & qualify for examination subject to their securing 60% marks in PCM prior commencement to course). OR
- b) Pass in B.Sc (PCM)/B.sc (Electronics with Physics as individual subject in one of the years) with marks not less than 60%. from a recognized University. OR
- c) B.E. / B. Tech. degree from I.I.T. or from a college recognized by AICTE with marks not less than 50% AND
- Minimum 50% marks in English in any of the above examinations. For SC/ST candidates there will be 5% relaxation in eligibility marks. However, it will not apply to English marks.
- Not more than 25 Years (as on 01st February 2019). SC/ST candidates will be granted age relaxation of 5 years.
Medical Standard & Eye Sight:
- Candidate must have good health and be fit for sea service as per existing MS Medical Examination Amendment rules 2016 / MLC 2006 applicable to seafarers. Standard as mentioned below:
- Height: Minimum 157 cms. Or as per the DGS Guidelines. Reduction in height for the candidates from hilly and tribal areas will be in accordance with DGS/Govt. guidelines.
- Weight: Proportionate to height and age.
- Hearing: Normal
- Visual Standard: 6/6 (Normal Eye). Defective colour vision (Colour Blindness) NOT accepted.
- Note: Medical fitness check will be done through our empanelled DG approved Doctors and No waiver will be given for the above standard. Candidates not meeting above standard should not apply.
- All interested candidates must appear and qualify Indian Maritime University (IMU) Common Entrance Test (CET) which is mandatory for admission at MTI Powai. Final selection will be purely on the merit list of IMU CET Results.
- Date, time and venue of IMU CET Exam are normally intimated through personal email ID and by logging on to IMU website www.imu.edu.in. Candidates shall take a printout of the admit card available online.
SCI Mumbai DNS Course Admission 2019 Application Procedure
- Register online for IMU-CET for DNS Course on Indian Maritime University (IMU) Website www.imu.edu.in (IMU online registration for CET Commences from 14th December 2018)
- Print the HALL TICKETS for IMU-CET from IMU Website
- Fill-up the Online Application Form for MTI admission before 04th January 2019 (1700 hrs). at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1agWe1ILRm9mX_OktASSuAEXHWRl09zNT_YPvVx30Dxo (USE Google Chrome browser for filling up application. Copy & paste the above link in chrome browser)
- Send the scan copies of the documents mentioned in Annex-I to us through email at email@example.com mentioning “DNS Admission – your name” in the subject of the email. (Size of documents mentioned in the Annex-I in email shall be below 2 MB)
- Appear for IMU-CET Computer Based Examination at your respective Examination Centres as per Hall Ticket.
- Visit SCI website www.shipindia.com -> Careers -> MTI Notifications -> Selection of TNOC for DNS 2019 February Batch.
- Check for results of qualifying CET at IMU-Website www.imu.edu.in.
- Careers -> MTI Notifications.
- All Instructions, reporting notices, any modifications / amendments in the advertisement will be notified in the above website only.
- Candidates having their Name Published in SCI Merit List on SCI website have to report at: Maritime Training Institute – The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd, 52-C, Adi – Shankracharya Marg, Powai, Mumbai-400072
SCI Mumbai DNS Course Admission 2019 Dates
- Application for DNS Course February 2019
- Last Date of Submitting SCI Online Application Form is 04th January 2019 (1700 hrs)
The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd.
(A Government of India Enterprises), Maritime Training Institute, Regd. Office – 52-C, Adi Shankracharya Marg, Powai, Mumbai-400072, Tel.: 022 2572 6045, Website www.shipindia.com