> SCI Mumbai B.Sc. Applied Nautical Science 2018
SCI Mumbai B.Sc. Applied Nautical Science 2018
Shipping Corporation of India Diploma in Nautical Science leading to B.Sc. Applied Nautical Science 2018
SCI Mumbai DNS Course leading to B.Sc. Applied Nautical Science 2018- SCI invites application from eligible, unmarried and medically fit male/female candidates, Indian nationals, who are desirous of pursuing a career at sea, for the DNS Course leading to B.Sc. (Applied Nautical Science) for August 2018 Batch One Year Residential Diploma in Nautical Science leading to B.Sc. Applied Nautical Science (IMU) 2018
Also See : Admission Notification
The selected candidates who qualify in IMU CET i.e. Common Entrance Test will be admitted for training at our Maritime Training Institute (MTI) at Powai.MTI is affiliated to Indian Maritime University (IMU), Chennai, A Central University setup by Government of India.
All interested candidates must appear and qualify IMU CET i.e. Common Entrance Test which is mandatory in order to join MTI Powai. Final selection will be purely on the merit list of IMU CET Results
Duration of Course and Onboard Training
- 12 months Pre-Sea Training course followed by 18 months of Structured Shipboard Training as TNO (Deck Cadet) under Indian Maritime University (IMU) – Directorate General of Shipping (D G Shipping) project, leading to Degree in B. Sc. (Nautical Science) to be conducted at Maritime Training Institute at Powai (Mumbai), owned by The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd.
- Commencement: 01st August 2018
- Pass in 10+2 examination from a recognized Board with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics (PCM) with not less than 60% marks.Students who have appeared for 10+2 examination and waiting for results are also eligible to apply & qualify for examination subject to their securing 60% marks in PCM prior commencement to course)
- b) Pass in B.Sc (PCM)/B.sc (Electronics with Physics as individual subject in one of the years) with marks not less than 60%. from a recognized University
- c) B.E. / B. Tech. degree from I.I.T. or from a college recognized by AICTE with marks not less than 50%
- Minimum 50% marks in English in any of the above examinations. For SC/ST candidates there will be 5% relaxation in eligibility marks. However it will not apply to English marks.
- Not more than 25 Years (as on 15th July 2018). SC / ST candidates will be granted age relaxation of 5years
- Medical Standard & Eye Sight: Candidate must have good health and be fit for sea service as per existing MS Medical Examination Amendment rules 2016 / MLC 2006 applicable to seafarers. Standard as mentioned below:
- Height: Minimum 157 cms. Or as per the DGS Guidelines. Reduction in height for the candidates from hilly and tribal areas will be in accordance with DGS/Govt. guidelines.
- Weight: Proportionate to height and age.
- Hearing: Normal
- Visual Standard: 6/6 (Normal Eye). Defective colour vision (Colour Blindness) NOT accepted.
- Note: Medical fitness check will be done through our empanelled DG approved Doctors and No waiver will be given for the above standard. Candidates not meeting above standard should not apply
- The selection of candidates is only for DNS course & shipboard training to facilitate completion of requisite sea-time for DNS course, and the shipping corporation of India does not have obligation or does not guarantee any further employment or extension of ship board training
- However, the company may employ cadets after their completion of DNS course & obtaining the 2nd mate certificate of completion issued by Directorate General of Shipping, Govt. of India, at sole discretion, depending on the availability of vacancy in its fleet
- Candidates who qualify IMU CET will only be eligible to get admission in our institute
- Passing IMU CET – June2018 is mandatory to get admission
- Common Entrance Test (CET) is conducted by IMU (Indian Maritime University, Chennai, Government of India) all over India
- Online Application form for SCI-MTI is available at the following linkhttps://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdCmlphLHT9aSOANflWHJEOD4m8jZMhFJSfN7BKu8GOvGZKMw/viewform?usp=sf_link
- Available at www.shipindia.com -> Careers -> MTI Notifications -> Selection of TNOC for DNS 2018 Aug Batch). The online application to be filled up by the interested applicants, followed by sending the scan copies of the documents as mentioned in Annex–I to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning “DNS Admission – your name” in the subject of the Email
- Candidates have to visit www.shipindia.com for the important instructions
- Candidates have to log on to www.imu.edu.in for filling the online application for IMU – CET
- Aspiring candidates MUST NOTE that Filling of IMU-CET On-line Form and Filling of SCI Online Application Form separately are mandatory. Candidates not qualifying IMU-CET will not be admitted at our SCI – Maritime Training Institute
- IMU online registration for CET has started from 06th June 2018
- Aspiring candidates must be filling of IMU-CET Online Form: 06th April 2018
- Last Date of submitting SCI online application form is 01st June 2018 (1700 hrs)
- Commencementleading to B.Sc. (Applied Nautical Science) for 01st August 2018
The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd.
(A Government of India Enterprises), Maritime Training Institute, Regd. Office – 52-C, Adi Shankracharya Marg, Powai, Mumbai-400072, Tel.: 022 2572 6045, Websitewww.shipindia.com