Savitribai Phule Pune University MSc in Virology Admission 2018
Pune University MSc in Virology Admission 2018– National Institute of Virology, Pune, a premier virus research laboratory in India affiliated to the Savitribai Phule Pune University, has invited applications for admission to the MSc in Virology offered for year 2018-19
About National Institute of Virology (NIV)
The National Institute of Virology (NIV) is a premier virus research laboratory in India affiliated to the Savitribai Phule Pune University. It was established under the aegis of Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) Government of India, with a primary mandate of studying viral diseases in India, on an integrated platform.
Research at NIV has not only provided strategic information in various interdisciplinary aspects of virology in critical areas like diagnostics and vaccines, but also led to the discovery of several novel viruses like Kyasanur Forest Disease (KFD) virus and Chandipura virus
- Start date of online application: 4th May 2018
- End date of online application: 5th June 2018
- Last date of submission of application form (Hard Copy): 12th June 2018
- Date of Entrance Test: 15th June, 2018 (11.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.)
- Date of declaration of result of the Entrance test: 25th June 2018
- Date of publication of merit list: 25th June 2018
- Date of admission: 25th June 2018 onwards
- Date of Commencement of the course: 23rd July 2018 (Tentative)
Duration of the Course: 02 years
No. of Seats: 20 (10 Open+10 Reserved) + 3 sponsored candidates + 2 Jammu & Kashmir migrant + 1 Physically Handicap + 1 Defence Personnel’s/Ex-Serviceman’s child + 1 Sports / Cultural quota (National/ State level)
- Candidates with BSc (Electronic Science) or BSc (Electronics as principal subject) with minimum 50% marks.
- Relaxation of 5% marks will be considered for reserved candidates who are domiciles of Maharashtra.
- SC 13%
- ST 07%
- DT(A) 03%
- NT(B) 2.5%
- NT(C) 3.5%
- NT(D) 02%
- OBC 19%
- SBC (as per Govt. of Maharashtra rule)
- 3% seats are reserved for Physically handicapped Students
- 5% Seats are reserved for Defense Personnel’s child/Ex-Serviceman Child.
- One Migrant student from Jammu & Kashmir, per course over and above the sanctioned intake capacity will be admitted as per the merit in the entrance test.
- 15 % seats over and above the intake capacity for foreign students
- Admission to the course will be based on Entrance Test.
Note: Admission be done as per ordinance 181.-A Circular No.68/ 2014 Dated 27/03/2014
Nature of Question paper (All questions are of MCQ type)
20 questions on 10+2 level in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics.
80 questions on graduate level Life Science subjects (Biotechnology, Botany, Chemistry, Life sciences, Medical Sciences, Microbiology, Veterinary Sciences and Zoology)
Total 100 Multiple Choice Questions.
All questions are compulsory. Each question carries 2 marks.
Maximum marks = 200
Negative marking: deduction of 0.5 marks per wrong answer
- Garware College of Commerce, Karve Road, Pune 411004.
- Open Category and Outside Maharashtra State Candidates – Rs.500/-
- Reserved category Candidates from the State of Maharashtra – Rs350/-
- Availability of Online forms for admission MSc Electronic Science at. https://campus.unipune.ac.in from 4th May to 5th June 2018
- Application form by Post / by hand should be submitted to the following address: The Director, National Institute of Virology, 130/1 Sus Road, Pashan, Pune – 411021, with “Application for M.Sc. Virology Entrance Exam” written on the envelop.
- For any information on the nature, scope and prospects of the course, candidates should visit the website: https://www.niv.co.in/departments/M_Sc_Virology/M_Sc_Virology_index.htm.
Savitribai Phule Pune University
National Institute of Virology, Microbial Containment Complex campus, 130/1, Sus Road, Pashan – Pune 411 021, Maharashtra India., Tel: +91-20-26006304/5, +91-20-25871194, Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: https://www.niv.co.in/departments/M_Sc_Virology/M_Sc_Virology_index.htm.