NITIE Mumbai announces admission to Fellow (Doctoral) Program 2018 Batch
National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE), Mumbai offers a Doctoral Level Fellowship Program recognized by Ministry of HRD as equivalent to PhD of any Indian University for the academic session 2018
Fellow (Doctoral) program aims to admit individuals with sound academic background, strong motivation and potential to become excellent researchers at national and international level. The interdisciplinary nature of the program stimulates opportunities in exploring different facets of research areas
Areas of Research
Industrial Engineering & Manufacturing Systems; Operations And Supply Chain Management; Engineering Technology & Project Management; Decision Science & Information Technology; Environmental Engineering And Management; Organizational Behavior & Human Resource Management; Marketing; Finance & Accounting ; Economics And Strategy
Online Application: On going
Online Application Closes: 2nd April 2018 (17:00 Hrs)
Written test/Research Proposal Presentation/Personal Interview: 27th April 2018 (Tentative)
Course Begins: July 2018
- Masters degree or equivalent in Engineering/Technology, Management, Economics, Commerce, Social Science, Life sciences and Pure Sciences with 60% aggregate marks (relaxable by 5% in case of SC/ST/PwD (Person with Disability) candidates) from recognized University/ Institution, CA/ ICWA and ACS
- Those appearing for their final exam in the respective disciplines can also apply; to be eligible for financial assistance, candidate should have valid score of GATE/CAT/NET-JRF at the time of application
- Candidates from Industry/Academia with above eligibility and a minimum of two years experience may also apply; such candidates, if selected, have to stay in the campus for one year for credit requirements; they need to produce sponsorship certificate from the employer; also, they should fill-in the Sponsorship Form available on the NITIE website
Stage 1: Initial Screening and Shortlisting
Only those candidates are screened:
- Who satisfy the eligibility criteria for the Fellow Program
- Who have applied to the Fellow Program and paid the prescribed registration fee
- Who have submitted the Research Proposal
- Further, shortlisting of candidates will be done based on the evaluation of Research Proposal.
Stage 2: Selection Process for Shortlisted Candidates
a. NITIE Admission Test and Writing Skills Test
- The admission test shall have three sections namely Analytical Skills, Logical Reasoning, and Research Aptitude.
- For writing skills, applicant will be asked to write summary (150-200 words) of Research/General article.
b. Research Presentation and Personal Interview
- Research Presentation will be based on the research proposal submitted by the applicants.
- This would be followed by a Personal Interview which will be based on subject knowledge, motivation for doing research, communication skills and overall assessment.
Stage 3: Final Merit List
- Final merit list shall be prepared based on the performance of the candidates in the different evaluation components such as admission test, writing skills test, past academic achievements, research presentation and personal interview
Financial assistance shall be provided only to the regular full time candidates as per MHRD guidelines. Financial assistance shall be provided to candidates fulfilling any one of the following criteria:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Engineering/Technology through GATE qualification, preferably within last 5 years.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Engineering/Technology, Management, Economics, Commerce, Social sciences, Life sciences or Pure sciences with valid GATE/NET-JRF qualification at the time of application.
How to Apply
- Interested and eligible candidates shall apply through ONLINE mode only at https:/www.nitie.edu/admissions_2018/admissions_2018
- Application fee is Rs.1000/- (Rs.500/- in case of SC/ST/PwD candidates) and applicable bank charges to be directly paid online
For more information visit the website: https:/www.nitie.edu
National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE), Mumbai
Assistant Registrar (Academic), Vihar Lake, P.O. NITIE Mumbai-400087 (Maharashtra), Tel.: 02228573371, Email: email@example.com, Website: www.nitie.edu
For any query, candidates are requested to check the official website .
Click here or more admission news.
Also See : Admission Notification
For more details, follow SuccessCDs ( Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter )