NITIE Mumbai notified Admission to Fellow (Doctoral) Program 2020 Batch
NITIE Mumbai Fellow Doctoral Program 2020 – National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE), Mumbai offers a Doctoral Level Fellowship Program recognized by Ministry of HRD as equivalent to PhD of any Indian University for the academic session 2020
- Fellow (Doctoral) program aims to admit individuals with sound academic background, strong motivation and potential to become excellent researchers at national and international level. The interdisciplinary nature of the program stimulates opportunities in exploring different facets of research areas.
Areas of Research
- NITIE Offers research opportunities for regular and sponsored candidates in:
- Industrial Engineering & Manufacturing Systems; Operations & Supply Chain Management; Engineering Technology & Project Management; Decision Science & Information Technology; Environmental Engineering and Management; Organizational Behaviour & Human Resource Management; Marketing; Finance & Accounting; Economics and Strategy.
NITIE Mumbai Fellow Doctoral Program 2020 Important Dates
|Online Application Portal Open
||12th December 2019
|Last Date for online application
||01st April 2020
|Payment Gateway Closure
||1st April 2020 (17.00 Hrs IST)
|Written Test/Writing Skills Test/Research Proposal Presentation/Personal Interview
||23 April 2020 – 25 April 2020 (tentative)
Eligibility Criteria for NITIE Mumbai Fellow Doctoral Program 2020
- Must be Master’s degree or equivalent in Engineering/Technology, Management, Economics, Commerce, Social Science, Life sciences and Pure Sciences with 60% aggregate marks (relaxable by 5% in case of SC/ST/PwD (Person with Disability) candidates) from recognized University/ Institution, CA/ ICWA and ACS.
- Those appearing for their final exam in the respective disciplines can also apply; to be eligible for financial assistance, candidate should have valid score of GATE/CAT/NET-JRF at the time of application.
- Candidates from Industry/Academia with above eligibility and a minimum of two years’ experience may also apply; such candidates, if selected, have to stay in the campus for one year for credit requirements; they need to produce sponsorship certificate from the employer; also, they should fill-in the Sponsorship Form available on the NITIE website
NITIE Mumbai Fellow Doctoral Program 2020 Admission Process
Stage 1: Initial Screening and Shortlisting
- Only those candidates are screened: (a) Who satisfy the eligibility criteria for the Fellow Program; (b) Who have applied to the Fellow Program and paid the prescribed registration fee; (c) Who have submitted the Research Proposal; (d) Further, shortlisting of candidates will be done based on the evaluation of Research Proposal.
Stage 2: Selection Process for Shortlisted Candidates
- NITIE Admission Test and Writing Skills Test: The admission test shall have three sections namely Analytical Skills, Logical Reasoning, and Research Aptitude. For writing skills, applicant will be asked to write summary (150-200 words) of Research/General article.
- Research Presentation and Personal Interview: Research Presentation will be based on the research proposal submitted by the applicants. This would be followed by a Personal Interview which will be based on subject knowledge, motivation for doing research, communication skills and overall assessment.
Stage 3: Final Merit List
- Final merit list shall be prepared based on the performance of the candidates in the different evaluation components such as admission test, writing skills test, past academic achievements, research presentation and personal interview.
- General/OBC-Creamy Layer/EWS/OBC-NC: Rs.1000/-
- SC/ST/PwD: Rs.500/-
NITIE Mumbai Fellow Doctoral Program 2020 Application Process
- Interested and eligible candidates shall apply through ONLINE mode only at nitie.edu
- Application fee is Rs.1000/- (Rs.500/- in case of SC/ST/PwD candidates) and applicable bank charges to be directly paid online
- Application fess is non-refundable. Instructions to fill the application form is available at “Instructions to Apply Online” at Admissions Portal on “NITIE website”.
- At the time of application all candidates should submit their Research Proposal (Maximum 1500 words). Guidelines for preparation of research proposal are given on website. In addition, all sponsored candidates should submit the Sponsorship Certificate.
For more information visit the website https:/www.nitie.edu
See: Admission Notifications 2020