King George’s Medical University (KGMU) Lucknow announces Entrance Test for Admission to the PhD Program 2019
KGMU PhD Entrance Test 2019 – King George Medical University, Lucknow invites the applications for Entrance Examination for admission to PhD Program for the Academic year 2019.
Also See : Phd Entrance Exams
KGMU PhD Entrance Test 2019 Important Dates
- Last date for application: 10th August 2019
- Payment for the application through bank challan can only be made till: 08th August 2019
- Admit card available online from: 20th August 2019 onwards
- Date of Entrance Exam: 25th August 2019 (Sunday) 11.00 AM to 1.00 PM
- Center for examination: KGMU Lucknow (Details on admit card)
- Viva/Interview: 27th August 2019
- Result can be seen on Website: 30th August 2019
- Date of Admission: 1st September 2019 onwards
Also See : Latest Entrance Exams
Duration of the Course
- The PhD Program will be for a minimum period of three years.
- Candidates who do not submit their thesis within 6 years after registration will removed from PhD Program of the KGMU, unless the Doctoral Committee recommends otherwise. The decision of Hon’ble Vice Chancellor will be final in this regard.
Also See : Admission Notification
Eligibility Criteria for KGMU PhD Admission 2019
- Non-medical candidate must have graduate and post-graduate degree in subjects related to Biomedical Science/life/science/science/humanities, with at least 55% marks in aggregate (in PG Degree) or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC-7 Point scale (or and equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed).
- Medical/Dental candidates should have MD/MS/MDS degree with at least 55% marks in aggregate in UG.
- Nursing candidates should have MPhil (Nursing) or M.Sc. (Nursing) or a PG Degree in nursing recognized by Indian Nursing Council (INC) with 02 years Teaching or Clinical Experience after M.Sc (Nursing) for enrolment for PhD in Nursing (part-time) under Faculty of Nursing KGMU.
- The candidates should have passed M.Sc Nursing with a minimum of 55% marks. Candidate should be working in Teaching Institution/Hospital/Community Centre.
- A relaxation of 5% marks, (from 55% to 50%), or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the commission from time to time.
- A separate PhD program in Genomics and Molecular medicine will be done as per this KGMU PhD rules and regulations (as per the recommendations of the meeting of the KGMU Board of Faculty of Medicine.
Also See : PG Medical Entrance Exams
- Candidate must have qualified for UGC/CSIR/ICMR/DST/DBT/CST JRF/SRF fellowships through National Level Exam or any other government funding are exempted from the Entrance Test.
- Entrance Test in English medium shall be conducted by the University through the office of the Controller of Exam.
- Entrance test will be a written aptitude test in logical thinking, human biology (10+2 level), general awareness, research aptitude and basic computer knowledge (10+2 level). Qualifying marks will be 50% for general, 45% for SC/ST/OBC candidates (as per UGC recommendation).
- The qualified candidates will be called for the interview for the final Selection.
- The candidates who have been selected by Interview Committee shall be considered provisionally registered in the PhD Program after verification of documents approval of the medical board and payment of requisite fee.
- Admit card can also be obtained in person (in case of inability to download) on 24th August 2019 between 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM from the office of the Controller of Examination, Pariksha Bhawan (PHI), KG Medical University Lucknow on Payment of Rs.100/-.
KGMU PhD Entrance Test 2019 Application Process
- Application shall be submitted online only using Internet, you will also get an admit card online itself. Online application can be submitted on website http:// www.kgmu.org
- First register and create your Login ID and Password on the website as directed and note it down for further use.
- Candidates for the entrance test will have to pay a Non-refundable fee of Rs. 3000/- for General & OBC and Rs. 2000/- for SC/ST payable through Allahabad Bank or HDFC Bank along with the prescribed application form duly filled in.
Payment of examination fee:
- Online: By Credit Card / Debit Card (Master/Visa Only) or Net-banking till 10th August 2019. Candidate can directly proceed for filling of application form after payment.
- Offline: Candidate can also deposit CASH through bank challan of Allahabad bank / HDFC bank till 8th August 2019. For this first download bank challan from website www.kgmu.org and deposit the examination fee in any branch of the Allahabad Bank or HDFC bank branch in India.
For more information please visit website www.kgmu.org
King George’s Medical University
Office of the Controller of Examinations, Pariksha (PHI) Building, King George’s Medical University, Lucknow, UP-226003, India, Phone no: 0522- 2258727 / 2257539, Mobile: +91 9415965773, Email: email@example.com, website www.kgmu.org