Jaypee University of Information Technology (JUIT) announces PhD Admission 2019
JUIT PhD Admission 2019 – Jaypee University of Information Technology (JUIT), Waknaghat, Himachal Pradesh invites applications for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program for the academic year January 2019
Also See: Admission Notifications
PhD Program Offered
- The PhD Programs at JUIT Waknaghat are available in the following disciplines– Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Humanities & Social Sciences, Mathematics, and Physics & Material Sciences
Also See : PHD Admissions 2019
No. of Seats
- The tentative No. of seats are as below. However, the count may be varied, depending upon the qualification and performance of candidates and synchronization of the areas of research:
- Biotechnology – 05 Seats
- CSE – 20 Seats
- ECE 10 Seats
- HSS – 04 Seats
- Mathematics – 08 seats
- Management – 02 Seats
- Physics / PMSE – 08 Seats
JUIT PhD Admission 2019 Dates
- Last Date of Receipt of Applications Form: 03rd December 2018
- Date of Written Exam: 18th December 2018 (10.00 AM)
- Interview-short listed candidates /direct interview: 19th December 2018, 10.00 AM
Eligibility Criteria for JUIT PhD Admission 2019
- M. Tech Degree of a University or equivalent for Ph.D. in Engineering / Technology in respective branch with 60% Aggregate Marks or CGPA not less than 6 on scale of 10.
- Master’s Degree of a University for Ph.D. in Sciences / Humanities / Social Sciences / Management / Pharmacy in respective discipline or equivalent with 60% Aggregate marks or CGPA not less than 6 on scale of 10.
- M.C.A. Degree with 60% Aggregate Marks or equivalent CGPA and two years-experience for Ph.D. in Computer Science & Engineering / Information Technology Departments.
- Consistently good academic performance is desirable
- Admission shall be based on personal interview of eligible candidates only. Each eligible candidate will have to give a short presentation before the interview committee in the area of research interest
- The eligibility criteria for interview shall be determined as under:
- (a) Satisfying the requirements of minimum qualification specified in A above.
- (b) NET/SLET/UGC/CSIR(JRF) or equivalent national level examination qualified candidates (for Fellowship only) or; Shortlisted on the basis of merit in PhD entrance test conducted by JIIT.
Written Exam Procedure
- Tests / Questions shall be different for each discipline of the program
- Duration: 120 Minutes (60 minutes + 60 minutes)
- Full Marks: 100
- Test will cover all the core / compulsory subjects in the relevant Master Level degree. Written test would aim at judging the depth of knowledge and potential to do research work.
- The syllabi for each program have been loaded on the web site
- Shall be conducted only for the short-listed candidates (Based on the merit drawn after written Test) except where candidate qualifies for the direct interview criteria
- Part A: (50%) 50 MCQs of 1 mark each in area of Research Methodology in Social Sciences Qualitative and Quantitative Techniques. Duration: 60 Minutes
- Part B: (50%) 5 Descriptive Questions of 10 marks each (Only one area to be attempted out of 5 listed i.e. Sociology, English Language & Literature, Economics, Psychology, Finance, Marketing and HR). Duration: 90 Minutes
- Exam Venue: JUIT Waknaghat Campus, Dist Solan HP
- Fee Structure – Tuition Fee 25,000/- Per Semester
- Research Fellowship: Financial Support of Rs. 22000/- per month may be provided to full time Ph.D. students in the form of Research Fellowship, subject to availability
JUIT PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- Apply online at www.getadmissions.com
- Download the application form from the Website www.jiit.ac.in and send it to address given below. Application must be sent along with a Demand Draft of Rs.1000/- in favour of Jaypee Institute of Information Technology payable at Noida/Delhi
- Write “PhD Application-JIIT, Noida” on the Envelope and send at below address PhD Admissions January 2019 Jaypee Institute of Information Technology A-10, Sector-62, Noida-201309
- You may also obtain the application form from JIIT, Noida, at the above address by sending a draft of Rs.1000/- or purchasing from the counter in cash
University of Information Technology (JUIT) Waknaghat Teh. Kandaghat, Dist Solan, HP PIN-173234, Website www.juit.ac.in