> Jaypee University
> Jaypee University of Information Technology (JUIT) PhD Admission 2019
Jaypee University of Information Technology (JUIT) PhD Admission 2019
Jaypee University of Information Technology (JUIT) announces PhD Admission 2019
JUIT PhD Admission 2019 – Jaypee University of Information Technology (JUIT), Waknaghat, Himachal Pradesh invites applications for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program for the academic year January 2019
Also See: Admission Notifications
PhD Program Offered
- The PhD Programs at JUIT Waknaghat are available in the following disciplines– Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Humanities & Social Sciences, Mathematics, and Physics & Material Sciences
Also See : PHD Admissions 2019
No. of Seats
- The tentative No. of seats are as below. However, the count may be varied, depending upon the qualification and performance of candidates and synchronization of the areas of research:
- Biotechnology – 05 Seats
- CSE – 20 Seats
- ECE 10 Seats
- HSS – 04 Seats
- Mathematics – 08 seats
- Management – 02 Seats
- Physics / PMSE – 08 Seats
JUIT PhD Admission 2019 Dates
- Last Date of Receipt of Applications Form: 03rd December 2018
- Date of Written Exam: 18th December 2018 (10.00 AM)
- Interview-short listed candidates /direct interview: 19th December 2018, 10.00 AM
Eligibility Criteria for JUIT PhD Admission 2019
- M. Tech Degree of a University or equivalent for Ph.D. in Engineering / Technology in respective branch with 60% Aggregate Marks or CGPA not less than 6 on scale of 10.
- Master’s Degree of a University for Ph.D. in Sciences / Humanities / Social Sciences / Management / Pharmacy in respective discipline or equivalent with 60% Aggregate marks or CGPA not less than 6 on scale of 10.
- M.C.A. Degree with 60% Aggregate Marks or equivalent CGPA and two years-experience for Ph.D. in Computer Science & Engineering / Information Technology Departments.
- Consistently good academic performance is desirable
- Admission shall be based on personal interview of eligible candidates only. Each eligible candidate will have to give a short presentation before the interview committee in the area of research interest
- The eligibility criteria for interview shall be determined as under:
- (a) Satisfying the requirements of minimum qualification specified in A above.
- (b) NET/SLET/UGC/CSIR(JRF) or equivalent national level examination qualified candidates (for Fellowship only) or; Shortlisted on the basis of merit in PhD entrance test conducted by JIIT.
Written Exam Procedure
- Tests / Questions shall be different for each discipline of the program
- Duration: 120 Minutes (60 minutes + 60 minutes)
- Full Marks: 100
- Test will cover all the core / compulsory subjects in the relevant Master Level degree. Written test would aim at judging the depth of knowledge and potential to do research work.
- The syllabi for each program have been loaded on the web site
- Shall be conducted only for the short-listed candidates (Based on the merit drawn after written Test) except where candidate qualifies for the direct interview criteria
- Part A: (50%) 50 MCQs of 1 mark each in area of Research Methodology in Social Sciences Qualitative and Quantitative Techniques. Duration: 60 Minutes
- Part B: (50%) 5 Descriptive Questions of 10 marks each (Only one area to be attempted out of 5 listed i.e. Sociology, English Language & Literature, Economics, Psychology, Finance, Marketing and HR). Duration: 90 Minutes
- Exam Venue: JUIT Waknaghat Campus, Dist Solan HP
- Fee Structure – Tuition Fee 25,000/- Per Semester
- Research Fellowship: Financial Support of Rs. 22000/- per month may be provided to full time Ph.D. students in the form of Research Fellowship, subject to availability
JUIT PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- Apply online at www.getadmissions.com
- Download the application form from the Website www.jiit.ac.in and send it to address given below. Application must be sent along with a Demand Draft of Rs.1000/- in favour of Jaypee Institute of Information Technology payable at Noida/Delhi
- Write “PhD Application-JIIT, Noida” on the Envelope and send at below address PhD Admissions January 2019 Jaypee Institute of Information Technology A-10, Sector-62, Noida-201309
- You may also obtain the application form from JIIT, Noida, at the above address by sending a draft of Rs.1000/- or purchasing from the counter in cash
University of Information Technology (JUIT) Waknaghat Teh. Kandaghat, Dist Solan, HP PIN-173234, Website www.juit.ac.in