IIT Hyderabad PhD Admission 2019 in Biotechnology
IIT Hyderabad PhD Biotechnology Admission 2019 – Expression of interest are invited from candidates having a valid JRF fellowship, for admission to a regular PhD (Biotechnology) program in the area of HIV biology under the supervision of Dr. N. K. Raghavendra at department of Biotechnology, IIT Hyderabad.
Also See : Admission Notification 2019
Description of research area
- The laboratory of Dr. N. K. Raghavendra works on characterization of interaction between HIV and human proteins using a variety of approaches, including, but not limited to: mutagenesis, in vitro pull-down assays using recombinant proteins expressed in bacteria, immunoprecipitation from mammalian cell shaving ectopic expression of proteins and in silico analysis using molecular docking.
- Candidates should have a good knowledge of principles of biochemistry. Only candidates genuinely interested in this area of research should apply.
Also See : Phd Admission 2019
Eligibility Criteria for IIT Hyderabad PhD Biotechnology Admission 2019
- Essential Qualifications: M.Sc or M.Tech in any area of Life Sciences with at least 60% aggregate marks. Those awaiting final semester results are also eligible to apply. All applicants must have a valid Junior research fellowship from an Indian agency (CSIR, UGC, INSPIRE, DBT, etc) that allows to register for a regular PhD at IIT Hyderabad.
- Applicants found to have suitable academic/research background will be advised to submit a formal application via IIT Hyderabad website. Interview will be conducted for candidates, who have fulfilled the required application procedure, tentatively at the end of April, 2019.
Also See : Biotechnology Entrance Exam 2019
IIT Hyderabad PhD Biotechnology Admission 2019 Application Process
- Interested candidates should express their interest by sending the following details via email to email@example.com with subject ‘PhD position in HIV-1 biology’: (1) CV including education qualifications & grades/percentage, date of birth and contact details, (2) a statement of interest, (3) photocopies of credentials, (4) valid JRF certificate.
- Send these as a single pdf attachment only.
IIT Hyderabad PhD Biotechnology Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last Date to Submission of Application Form: 31st March 2019
For more details please visit IIT Hyderabad website https://www.iith.ac.in/