Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad announces Admission to PhD Program in Biotechnology 2020
IIT Hyderabad PhD in Biotechnology Admission 2020 – Applications are invited from suitably qualified and motivated candidates for admission to the PhD program at the Department of Biotechnology, Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad.
Area of Research
- The department has vacancies in the following areas of research:
- Dr T Rathinavelan: In silico and In vitro investigations to identify potential drug targets for multi-drug resistant Gram negative bacteria.
- Dr Rajakumara Eerappa: Characterization of cancer drug targets and structure based inhibitor design, Enzyme engineering, Epigenetics and DNA repair; Protein Structural Biology, X-ray Crystallography, Biophysics and computational biology
- Dr Anamika Bhargava: Protein engineering, membrane protein dynamics in cancer biology. Use of In vitro (cell culture) and In vivo (zebrafish animal model) in understanding diseases mechanisms.
- Candidates should have a good knowledge of principles of biochemistry. Only candidates genuinely interested in this area of research should apply.
Eligibility Criteria for IIT Hyderabad PhD in Biotechnology Admission 2020
- Only candidates with valid CSIR-JRF / UGC-JRF/ DBT-JRF award or any other equivalent national level qualification for research fellowship (eg. DST-INSPIRE fellowship) are eligible to apply.
- M.Tech or equivalent degree in Life sciences or any allied subject area of Life Sciences.
- MSc degree in Life sciences or any allied subject area of Life Sciences.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering /Technology in Life sciences or allied subject area of Life Sciences.
- Candidates should also possess:
- General category: at least 63% marks in the highest qualifying degree.
- OBC category: at least 62% marks in the highest qualifying degree
- SC/ST category: at least 60% marks in the highest qualifying degree
- For those who have not yet completed their qualifying examination, the marks obtained up to 3rd semester for MSc/M.Tech and 7th semester for B.Tech Students will be considered.
Also See: Admission Notification
- Candidates will be shortlisted according to the criteria set by a shortlisting committee.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview to be held at IITH.
- Selection to the PhD program will be based on the performance in the interview.
- Request to change the interview date/time will not be entertained.
IIT Hyderabad PhD in Biotechnology Admission 2020 Application Process
- Interested candidates can apply online through IIT Hyderabad’s website: http://www.iith.ac.in
Step 1: Registration
- Our Registration Page will ask you to provide a valid login id, email address and password. Please note that we will use this email address for further communication with you. Click here to Register.
Step 2: Login in to our System
- Please Provide the login id and password which you had chosen at the time of Registration with our system. (When ever you login first time our system will ask you for secret key which you received through the email at the time of registration) Click here to Login.
- Click on the link ‘Click here to apply’ and Choose the department by clicking on arrow of corresponding department
- Fill or update your application details by clicking on the appropriate arrows. Please note that once you fill or update the information in the appropriate form you need to click on either save/submit button so that your data will be stored in our system.
Step 5: Application Fee
- All GEN/OBC: Rs.300/-
- All SC/ST/PwD: Rs.150/-
- All Females: Rs.150/-
- We are accepting fee through SBI-Collect. At the time of paying the fee please save the reference document you received from the bank. Save ‘SB Collect Reference Number’ in Payment Reference Number column of Application Fee Page.
IIT Hyderabad PhD in Biotechnology Admission 2020 Important Date
- Last Date to Submission of Application Form: 14th November 2019 (4:00PM IST)
See: Biotechnology Entrance Exam
Dean (Academic Program), PhD Admissions Committee, Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad, Kandi, Sangareddy, Telangana-502285, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, website: www.iith.ac.in