IISc Bangalore announces Admission to PhD/M.tech (Research) 2019
IISc Bangalore PhD/M.Tech (Research) Admission 2019 – Applications are invited from eligible applicants for admissions to regular Research Programmes [Ph D / M Tech (Research)] Course Programmes [M Tech/M Des/M Mgt], Integrated Ph D Programmes, and also to Research (Ph D only) under External Registration Programmes.
Also see: PHD Admission 2019
Research Program [Ph D/M Tech (Research)
- Ph D in Science Faculty: Astronomy & Astrophysics, Biochemistry, Ecological Sciences, High
- Energy Physics, Inorganic & Physical Chemistry, Materials Research, Mathematics, Microbiology & Cell Biology, Molecular Biophysics, Molecular Reproduction, Development & Genetics, Neurosciences, Organic Chemistry, Physics, and Solid State & Structural Chemistry.
- M Tech (Research) and Ph D in Engineering Faculty: Aerospace Engineering, Atmospheric &
- Oceanic Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Automation, Earth Sciences, Electrical Communication Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Systems Engineering, Instrumentation, Management Studies (Ph D only), Materials Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Nano Science and Engineering (Ph D only), Design & Manufacturing, Sustainable Technologies, and Computational & Data Sciences.
- Ph D in Interdisciplinary areas: Bio Systems Science and Engineering (offered by Centre for Biosystems Science and Engineering), Energy (offered by Interdisciplinary Centre for Energy Research),Mathematical Sciences (offered by National Mathematics Initiative), Nano science and Engineering (offered by the Centre for Nano Science and Engineering), Water Research (offered by Interdisciplinary Centre for Water Research), Cyber Physical Systems (offered by Robert Bosch Centre for Physical Systems),Climate Change (offered by Divecha Centre for Climate Change).
- Eligibility Criteria: Applicants possessing a minimum of second class or equivalent in the following degrees as applicable to the individual department / areas are eligible to apply:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology /4-year Bachelor of Science: Valid GATE score / NET JRF is mandatory.
- Master’s degree in Science / Master’s degree in Economics, Geography, Psychology, Management, Commerce, Operations Research, Computer Science / Application: Valid GATE score / NET JRF is mandatory.
- Master’s degree in Engineering / Technology / Architecture/ Agriculture / Pharmacy/ Veterinary Sciences: Desirable to have valid GATE score / NET JRF / GPAT.
- MS/MBA (post BE/BTech/MSc) – (applicable for the department of management studies/ Ecological sciences): Desirable to have valid GATE score/ NET JRF
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Engineering/ Technology from any Centrally Funded Technical Institutions, with a minimum CGPA of 8.5 out of 10 or its equivalent (for Ph D only): Desirable to have valid GATE score / NET JRF.
- MBBS/MD: Desirable to have valid GATE score / NET JRF.
B Pharma: Valid GPAT score / JRF
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics /Statistics / Computer Science /Electronics followed by qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognised by UPSC/AICTE as being equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering: Valid GATE score / NET JRF is mandatory.
- Selection procedure: Candidates are shortlisted for an interview based on their performance in the National Entrance Test or the qualifying degree as detailed in the above table. The selection is based on the performance in the interview (in some of the departments, a written test will precede the interview).
Also see: MTech Entrance Exams 2019
COURSE PROGRAMMES (M Tech/M Des/M Mgt)
- M Tech Programmes: Aerospace Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Instrumentation & Applied Physics, Materials Engineering, Transportation & Infrastructure Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Chemical Engineering, Climate Science, Computational & Data Sciences, Earth Science, Electronic Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Microelectronics and VLSI Design, Communication and Networks, Nano Science and Engineering, Signal Processing, Smart Manufacturing
IISc Bangalore PhD/M.Tech (Research) Admission 2019 Important Dates:
- Website opens for online submission of applications 01st February 2019
- Last date for online submission of applications 25th March 2019
Eligibility Criteria for IISc Bangalore PhD/M.Tech (Research) Admission 2019
- Applicants possessing a minimum of Second Class or equivalent in a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field of Engineering / Technology or Master’s degree in Physical Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, Geology, Instrumentation, Electronics, Computer Applications as applicable to individual departments / programmes with a valid GATE 2017 / 2018 / 2019 score are eligible to apply.
- M Tech programmes interview schedules are as given on the IISc website www.iisc.ac.in/admissions under Important Dates.
Master of Design (M Des) in Product Design and Engineering offered by Centre for Product Design and Manufacturing.
- Applicants possessing a minimum of second class in Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology Design / Architecture with valid GATE 2017/ 2018/ 2019 or CEED 2019 score are eligible to apply.
- Selection procedure: Candidates will be shortlisted for a design aptitude test and an interview based on the GATE / CEED score as per the schedule given on the IISc website under Important Dates. Selection will be based on the performance in the design aptitude test and interview. The announcement of the results and issue of admission of offers for candidates shortlisted on GATE score will be through COAP, and for those based on CEED, directly by the Institute. Therefore, the candidates with GATE are required to register on COAP as detailed at section
Master of Management (M Mgt)
- Applicants possessing a minimum of first class or equivalent in Bachelor’s degree in Engineering /Technology or equivalent with a valid GATE 2017/ 2018/ 2019 or CAT 2018 or GMAT scores are eligible to apply.
Also see: List of Entrance Exams after Graduation
- Candidates will be short-listed for a group discussion and interview based on GATE / CAT / GMAT scores as per the schedule given on the IISc website under Important Dates. Selection will be based on the performance in the group discussion and interview.
INTEGRATED Ph D PROGRAMMES
- Biological Sciences – A minimum of first class or equivalent in Bachelor’s or an equivalent degree in Physical, Chemical or Biological Sciences (including Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical, Veterinary Sciences and Agricultural Sciences) or A minimum of first class or equivalent in BE/ B Tech degree.JAM 2019 in Biological Sciences (BL) or Biotechnology(BT) or Chemistry (CY) or Mathematics (MA) or Physics (PH) Biotechnology (BT)
- Chemical Sciences – A minimum of first class in B.Sc. or an equivalent degree with Chemistry as one of the main subjects with Mathematics at the PUC or Plus 2 level. JAM 2019 in Chemistry (CY) or Biological Sciences (BL) or Physics (PH)
- Mathematical Sciences – A minimum of first class or equivalent in B Sc or equivalent degree with Mathematics as one of the subjects or BE/BTech or equivalent degree. A minimum of first class or equivalent in BE/ B Tech degree.JAM 2019 in Mathematics (MA) or Mathematical Statistics (MS)
- Physical sciences: A minimum of first class or equivalent in B.Sc or an equivalent degree with Physics as one of the main subjects. JAM 2019 in Physics (PH) or JEST 2019
- Candidates will be short listed for interview based on their JAM 2019 score for all the four disciplines and also JEST 2019 for Physical Sciences. Selection for Chemical Sciences will be based on the performance in the Interview;
- Biological, Physical and Mathematical Sciences will be based on combined performance in the qualifying examination and interview.
Research Ph D under External Registration Programme (ERP)
- This programme is meant for professionals from R&D Organizations / Industries and Faculty members from Engineering, Agricultural, Pharmaceutical, Veterinary, Medical Colleges/ Universities, recognized by the appropriate government agencies.
- The educational qualifications remain the same as for the regular candidates. Qualifying in one of the national entrance tests like CSIR-UGC NET for JRF, UGC-NET for JRF, DBT JRF, ICMR JRF, GATE, and NBHM is desirable but not mandatory. Further, the candidate should have completed two years of full-time employment in the current organization. The candidates must be officially sponsored by their employing organizations.
- Based on the performance in an interview.
IISc Bangalore PhD/M.Tech (Research) Admission 2019 Application Process
- Applicants for all the programmes mentioned above are available online. Hence the applicants should apply online only. Visit website www.iisc.ac.in Admission for more details and register online and fill the application.
- General/ OBC Rs. 800/-
- SC/ST/ PwD (Person with disability) Rs. 400
- ERP candidates (all categories) Rs. 2000
- Sponsored candidates from Defense, DRDO, BARC,ISRO,NAL,NTRO,KSRTC,BMTC,BDA PWD and CPRI Rs. 800
- Payment options: Online payment through net-banking, debit card, visa/master credit card.
For any query please visit official website.