IIPS Mumbai announces Master of Population Studies (MPS) Admission 2018
IIPS Mumbai MPS Admission 2018– Applications are invited for admission to Masters in Population Studies (M.P.S.) by International Institute for Population Sciences (IIPS), Mumbai during the academic session 2018-2019 to commence from 11thJuly, 2018.
No. of Fellowships: 50 Seats with Government of India Fellowship
Duration: One Year (Full-Time)
Last Date for online application submission: 15th March 2018
Last date to receive hard copy of online application
and supporting documents at IIPS: 21st March 2018
Announcement of shortlisted candidates
for online admission test: 2nd April 2018
Issue of Admit Card: 7th – 13th April 2018
Date of Entrance Exam: 15th April 2018
Date of Interview: 16th – 18th April 2018
Commencement of academic session: 1th July 2018
- candidates having MA/MSc. degree (passed/appearing) in Anthropology, Bio-statistics, Economics, Geography, Health Statistics, Mathematics, Political Science, Population Education, Psychology, Rural Development, Social Work, Sociology, and Statistics from a recognized university in India or abroad with a minimum of 55% of aggregate marks/equivalent grade.
- Candidates having Master degree, other than subjects specified above and having at least two years of experience in Population and Health related field are also eligible to apply.
- Eligible foreign candidates can also apply for admission provided if they secure financial support from any outside agency.
- Candidates who have already passed the qualifying degree examinations and those who have already appeared/ shall be appearing in the final qualifying examinations are eligible to apply. However, the admission of the candidate will be cancelled, if s/he fails to furnish final result by 30th September 2018.
- Age: The upper age limit is 28 years as on 30th June 2018. Marks and age are relaxable for candidates belonging to reserved categories as per GOI rules
- Each selected Indian student will be awarded a Government of India fellowship@ Rs 5000/- per month
- The selection will be made on the basis of a written test and personal interview; only shortlisted candidates will be called for the test and interview
- Shortlisted candidates appearing for admission test are entitled to claim sleeper class train fare by the shortest route on production of original tickets and in case of road journey normal fare will be paid only for travel by public transport run by a Govt. body
- Reservation for SC/ST/OBC/PH candidates will be considered as per the Govt. of India norms
Online Test: 15th April 2018
- All eligible candidates are required to register online by visiting the Institute’s website www.iipsindia.org during 30th January, 2018 to 15th March, 2018.
- The non-refundable processing fee is Rs. 1000/- for General category, Rs. 500/- for OBC (Non Creamy Layer) category, Rs. 250/- for SC/ST/PWD category. Processing fee will not be charged from the foreign candidates while submission of completed application forms.
- The hard copy of the online application form along with supporting documents should reach to “The Assistant Registrar (Academic), International Institute for Population Sciences, Govandi Station Road, Deonar, Mumbai-400088” on or before 21st March, 2018
For more information visit website www.iipsindia.org
International Institute for Population Sciences (IIPS), (Deemed University) Govandi Station Road, Deonar, Mumbai-400088, Tel.: 022-42372400, Website www.iipsindia.org
For any query, candidates are requested to check the official website .
Click here or more admission news.
Also See : Admission Notification
For more details, follow SuccessCDs ( Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter )