International Institute of Mass Media (IIMM) announces UG, PG Admission in Mass Communication Programs
IIMM Mass Communication Admission 2019 – International Institute of Mass Media (IIMM), New Delhi, has invited applications for admission to Undergraduate and Post Graduate Program in Mass Communication for the academic year 2019-20
IIMM New Delhi
- Established in 1999, International Institute of Mass Media (IIMM) is a leading institute of mass communication in India.
- It offers state-of-the-art education and training providing its students with a consolidated and diverse experience
- The institute offers academic programs at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels including short-term courses and diplomas.
See: Journalism Admissions
IIMM Mass Communication Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last Date for Submission of online form: 03rd July 2019
- Last Date for Submission of forms at the Institute: 04th July 2019
- Entrance Exam Date: 07th July 2019
- Results Declaration: 11th July 2019
- Admission and Payment of Fee: 20th July 2019 (Tentative)
- Course Commencement: Last Week of July 2019
- Bachelors in Journalism and Mass Communication (BJMC); Duration: 3 Years / 6 Semesters
- Masters in Journalism and Mass communication (MJMC); Duration: 2 Years / 4 Semesters
- Postgraduate Diploma in Advertising Public Relations and Marketing Course; Duration: 1 Year / 2 Semesters
Eligibility Criteria for IIMM Mass Communication Admission 2019
- For BA in Journalism and Mass Communication: Senior Secondary School Certificate (10+2) or Intermediate or its equivalent from any recognised Board
- For MA in Journalism & Mass Communication: Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from recognised University. Students appearing in their final year degree examination can also apply.
- For Post Graduate Diploma in Advertising, Public Relations & Marketing: Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from recognised University. Students appearing in their final year degree examination can also apply.
- IIMM also offers short term courses of 5 months duration in (i) Non-Linear Editing (ii) Electronic Camera Handling and Shooting (iii) Photography. For all these Programs, eligibility is 10+2 or Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline
See: Latest Entrance Exam Notification
- Selection will be based on Written Examination, Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- IIMM has a comprehensive evaluation comprising of three stages in its admission process. Students intending to join IIMM must meet the minimum academic qualification for the specific course.
- In addition, each student will go through the following stages:
- Written Examination
- Group Discussion
- The written examination is of 100 marks.
- The paper has three sections:
- Multiple Choice Questions
- The questions in this section are designed to test the student’s competence in current affairs, general knowledge, logical reasoning, and aptitude. There is no negative marking but all questions are compulsory.
- Students will write short notes on issues related to national and international affairs.
- The Descriptive Questions section requires the student to analyse issues pertaining to national and international affairs. The student’s ability to communicate her/his point of view and command over language is also evaluated.
See: MA Admissions
- The group discussion carries 50 marks.
- A typical group discussion at IIMM includes six to seven students discussing an issue of national or international interest. Students are assessed on their communication skills, knowledge, their participation in the group, and their role in the group dynamics
- The last stage of the admission process is the personal interview. It carries 50 marks.
- Students will attend an interview panel. Assessment of the student is on the basis of their ability to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills, reasoning, and professionalism
Note: 10 seats are available under direct admission.
- Bachelors in Journalism and Mass Communication (BJMC): Rs. 37,500/- Per Semester.
- Masters in Journalism and Mass communication (MJMC): Rs.40000/- Per Semester
- Postgraduate Diploma in Advertising Public Relations and Marketing Course: Rs 35,000/- Per Semester
- Short Term Technical Courses: Rs 50,000/- payable in installments
Note: Additional examination fees of Rs. 2,500/- per semester payable at the time of filling the examination form
- Seats are reserved for SC/ST/OBC as per government rules.
See: Upcoming Entrance Exams
IIMM Mass Communication Admission 2019 Application Process
- Application can be submitted at www.iimdelhi.com
Application Fee can be paid via Debit Card, Credit Card & Net banking by using Payment Gateway given under Pay Fee option.
IIMM New Delhi
Opp. B-50, South Extn Part-I, New Delhi -110049, Helpline No.:9210-877-877, Phone No.: 011-24654512, Email Id: email@example.com, Website www.iimmdelhi.com