Your No1 source for Latest Entrance Exams, Admission info
> IIM Raipur PhD in Management Admission 2020, Application, Dates
IIM Raipur PhD in Management Admission 2020, Application, Dates
Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Raipur announces PhD Admission 2020 (9th Batch)
IIM Raipur PhD in Management Admission 2020 Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Raipur has invited applications for admission to Doctoral of Philosophy (PhD) in Management for the session 2020 (09th Batch)
IIM Raipurs doctoral program aims to admit individuals with exceptional academic background, strong motivation and discipline, and potential to become excellent researchers at international level.
- IIM Raipur invites applications for its 9th PhD Batch 2020. IIM Raipur’s doctoral program aims to admit individuals with exceptional academic background, strong motivation and discipline, and potential to become excellent researchers at international level
- It is expected that research scholars will come from a variety of disciplines ranging from social sciences and humanities to physical sciences and engineering.
Eligibility Criteria for IIM Raipur PhD in Management Admission 2020
- The candidates for the program must have one of the following qualifications obtained from any of the universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India, or other educational institutions established by an act of parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India, or an equivalent qualification from an institution approved by AICTE
- A Master’s degree/PGP from IIMs or its equivalent in any discipline with minimum 60% aggregate marks or equivalent grade point average or;
- Professional qualifications such as CA/ICWA with degree and CS with B. Com degree along with minimum 60% aggregate marks or equivalent grade point average or;
- 4 Year/8 Semester Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (B.E./B.Tech/B.Arch) with a minimum CGPA of 6.5 out of 10 or equivalent or;
- Five year Integrated Master’s degree programme in any discipline, with at least 60% aggregate marks, obtained after completing higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent.
- Those who are appearing for their final year exam in the current academic year may also apply. However, their admission to the program will be provisional subject to their successful completion of all requirements for obtaining the relevant degree before 30th June 2020.
- *The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate would be calculated based on the practice as followed by the respective University/Institution. In case of grades / CGPA, the conversion to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure as certified by the respective University/ institution. If any University/institution confirms that there is no scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.
- Test Score (CAT/GRE/GMAT/GATE/JRF-UGC/CSIR) cut-off to shortlist for PI
- The CAT/GRE/GMAT/GATE/ JRF-UGC/CSIR percentile will be used for shortlisting candidates for PI. The tentative category-wise minimum percentile is as follows:
- Minimum Percentile of CAT/GRE/GMAT/GATE/ JRF-UGC/CSIR
||All JRF-UGC/CSIR Qualified
- The respective area will decide the number of candidates to be called for PI on the basis of short-listed merit list prepared for each category and specialization.
- Upon being shortlisted as per the score of entrance test the candidate has to appear for a personal interview at IIM Raipur in front of the selection panel. The selection panel will assess the suitability of the candidates for research work based on the portfolio of the candidate. The committee will look into a consistently good academic record, professional accomplishments, research interest etc.
Preparing the Merit List
- Merit List will be prepared based on Test Score Personal Interview, Academic Qualification and Relevant Work Experience, Research Aptitude & Publications and Reference Letter. The following criteria will be applied for preparing the merit list.
- Test Score (10%) (IIM Raipur will accept CAT/GMAT/GRE scores of last two years)
- Personal Interview (50%)
- Work Experience (15%): Candidate should have relevant work experience and accordingly marks will be given by selection panel
Academic Qualification (25%): For Academic profile, following will be the weights:
- 10th Standard: 5%
- 12th Standard: 5%
- Graduation: 10%
- Post-Graduation: 5%
The marks will be distributed as follows:
|Range of Marks (%)
|60.01 to 70
|70.01 to 80
|80.01 to 90
- Candidate must not be more than 50 years as on June 1st, 2020.
- Reservation for eligible categories will be as per Government of India rules applicable for PhD programme at the time of admission. For any query, please contact: Email: email@example.com
- Candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria as stated above are required to take Common Admission Test (CAT) held by the IIMs. Alternatively, those who have qualified GATE, GRE, GMAT or JRF (UGC/CSIR) examinations can also apply in the relevant area of specialization
- Scores of any of these exams including CAT taken during the last two years (two years from the date of the standard test and should be valid on the deadline of submission of the application form, i.e., on or after 1st July 2018) will be considered valid
- Admission to the programme is open to overseas candidates including NRIs and foreign nationals
- Candidates who have already have two-year full-time PGP completed in the last 10 years from IIMs with minimum grade point equivalent to 6.0 out of 10 point scale or equivalent (with no ‘F’s and not more than two ‘D’s in the first year of PGP) are exempted from the test score, and can apply directly
- It is necessary that candidates applying for exemption/Waiver from test must attach copies of both side of the grade sheet to ascertain the equivalence between the grading systems of other IIMs, without which, the application for exemption from test will not be considered
IIM Raipur PhD in Management Admission 2020 Application Process
- The completed application for admission shall include the following:
- The PhD application form can be filled online through the link given in IIM Raipur’s website (http://www.iimraipur.ac.in). A candidate is eligible to fill applications to a maximum of two areas. The last date to apply online is February 28, 2020
Relevant Test Scores
- Relevant Test Scores include CAT/GMAT/GRE/GATE/JRF (UGC/CSIR). The test score should be valid on the deadlines for the submission of the application form. Test scores of last two years will only be considered.
- The supporting documents will consist of:
- Self-attested copies of mark sheets or transcripts of grades obtained during the course of study for the above degrees. Transcripts in languages other than Hindi and English must be submitted along with certified translations.
- Self-attested copies of School and University degrees
- Percentage conversion certificate from College/University (In case of CGPA/CPA)
- Two references with their contact details and their respective email IDs from academics who have taught the candidate or with whom the candidate has worked closely on scholarly work. However, the supervisor at work could write a reference, if the candidate has been away from the university for a long period.
- Self-attested Copies of Work Experience Certificate (if any)
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Candidates are required to submit the online fee of Rs. 1000/- (Rs 500 in case of NC-OBC, EWS, SC, ST, DAP) while applying online. Separate fee is required for each area applied.
- No Objection Certificate
- Candidates must submit the No-Objection Certificate from their employer at the time of admission.
- After submission of online application form and fees, candidates are required to download the filled in application form and payment receipt and send the filled in application form, payment receipt along with self-attested copy of all the documents through speed post to Admissions Office, Indian Institute of Management Raipur, Atal Nagar, P. O. – Kurru (Abhanpur), Raipur-493661, Chhattisgarh on or before 06th March 2020
IIM Raipur PhD in Management Admission 2020 Important Dates
- Application Deadline: 28th February 2020
- Date of Personal Interview (PI): 06th & 07th April 2020
- Result Declaration: 22nd April 2020
- Last date of Offer Acceptance of Commitment Fee: 30th May 2020
- Registration: 25th June 2020
- Orientation of the Programme: 26th & 27th June 2020
- First Day of Classes: 29th June 2020