IIIT Hyderabad announces Undergraduate Engineering Entrance Examination for Dual Degree Admissions
UGEE 2019 IIIT Hyderabad Undergraduate Engineering Entrance Examination – International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad invites applications for admission into Undergraduate Dual Degree Admission Program for the Academic year 2019 through UGEE (Undergraduate Engineering Entrance Examination) 2019.
- B.Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- B.Tech. in Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)
Also See: Engineering College Admissions Notice 2019
Dual Degree Programme (BTech. And Master Of Science By Research):
- Dual-degree Programme leading to B.Tech. and M.S. by Research in Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)
- Dual-degree Programme leading to B.Tech. and M.S. by Research in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Dual-degree Programme leading to B.Tech. and M.S. by Research in Computational Linguistics (CSE)
- Dual-degree Programme leading to B.Tech. and M.S. by Research in Computational Natural Sciences (CSE)
- Dual-degree Programme leading to B.Tech. and M.S. by Research in Computing and Human Sciences (CSE)
Also See: Engineering Entrance Exams 2019
IIIT Hyderabad UGEE 2019 Important Dates:
- Start of application portal 11th Feb 2019
- Last date of application submission: 23rd March 2019
- Date of entrance exam: 28th April 2019
Eligibility Criteria for IIIT Hyderabad UG Dual Degree Admission 2019
- CSD: Applicants completing their II year of B.E. / B.Tech. In CSE / IT
- ECD: Applicants completing their II year of B.E. / B.Tech. in ECE / ETE / EIE / EEE
For CLD Program:
- Stream I: Higher Secondary / Class 12 or equivalent in Science stream with Physics and Mathematics. A keen interest in prior work in languages and aptitude for Conceptual Analysis and Mathematics is essential
- Stream II: Higher Secondary / Class 12 or equivalent in Humanities, Art and Social Sciences with Mathematics; a keen interest in prior work in languages and aptitude for Conceptual Analysis and Mathematics is essential
Forr CND Program (for NTSE or KVPY Scholars only)
Also See: Popular Engineering Entrance Exams in India
Selection Process for IIIT Hyderabad UG Dual Degree course Admission 2019
- JEE Mode: Through JEE Mains [Candidates who wants to join in 4 Year B.Tech course with JEE Main rank need not to attempt for IIIT-H entrance test (UGEE), They will directly attend for counseling. But the application submission is mandatory].
- UGEE Mode: Admission to all research-based dual-degree programmes will be through a new mode called UGEE. Admission in this mode is based on an entrance examination followed by an interview.
- Applicants who represented India at one of the four Olympiads (International Olympiad on Informatics (IOI) / Science Olympiad (Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Astronomy) / Mathematics Olympiad / International Linguistics Olympiad (IOL) / Paninian Linguistics Olympiad (PLO)) can apply for UGEE and will be called directly for an interview. I.e. they do not have to write the UGEE entrance examination.
- DASA Mode: Direct Admission for Students who are from Abroad and want to join in IIIT-H. Click here for DASA-2019 notification
- SCA Mode: A Special Channel of Admission (SCA) is being introduced from this academic year for single degree B. Tech. (ECE/CSE) programs. This channel is aimed at identifying students with extraordinary talent or background such as:
- selection in the central government scheme UDAAN (https://www.india.gov.in/spotlight/udaan-program-give-wings-girl-students), or
- Studying in a six year integrated class XII + Four Year Undergraduate program and completing the second year of study in May 2019. (Example: integrated programs by RGUKT).
- Applicants for SCA are required to appear for an entrance examination and interview. Up to 20 seats are available through SCA.
Also See: How to choose the right Engineering Branch
IIIT Hyderabad UGEE 2019 Application Process
- Candidates can apply online www.iiit.ac.in
- All applications should be submitted through online in UGEE portal. To submit the application, a candidate has to complete two registration forms: Pre-Registration Form and Main Registration Form
- Filling of Pre-Registration Form. Online payment is recommended. After filling the Pre-Registration form, the candidate receives an E-mail which contains the link and identification code. The link should be opened in a browser by supplying the identification code to fill in the Main Registration Form
- Application Fee: Application fee is Rs. 2000/-
Entrance Exam Syllabus
- Standard +2 (for e.g., CBSE) level syllabus. The questions will be probing the research orientation and inquisitiveness of the candidate. There is no fixed pattern of the exam. It may change from year to year
- B.E (or) B.Tech [Computer Science] or [Information Technology] Students must take Computer Science exams
- B.E (or) B.Tech [Electronics and Communications Engineering] Students must take Electronics and Communication Engineering exams.
Computer Science/IT: Objective Type Questions (180 minutes)
- General Aptitude
- Discrete Mathematics
- Digital Logic
- Computer Organization
- Data Structures
Electronics and Communications Engineering: Objective Type Questions (180 minutes)
- Engineering Mathematics
- ECE Subjects: Above topics for descriptive + General Subject Knowledge
- Digital Logic; Circuit Theory and Networks; Electronic Devices and Circuits
For more information visit IIIT Hyderabad website: www.iiit.ac.in
International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Hyderabad, Gachibowli, Hyderabad 500032, Website: www.iiit.ac.in