Indian Institute of Information Technology Dharwad announce Admission to PhD Program 2020 January (Even Semester)
IIIT Dharwad PhD Admission 2020 – Applications are invited for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programme at IIIT Dharwad for the academic year beginning in January 2020.
Also See : Phd Admissions
About IIIT Dharwad
- The Institute commenced its academic session from August 2015. The Institute is currently operating out of its transit campus housed in the IT Park in Hubballi with well-equipped classrooms, laboratories and a library.IIIT Dharwad is keen to develop its permanent campus in a plot of 61 acres allotted by the Government of Karnataka at Tadasinakoppa village between Hubli and Dharwad cities.
- As a not-for-profit institute of higher learning in the area of Information Technology (IT), the primary objective of IIIT Dharwad is to address the skill gap in high-end information technology and thereby enable India to retain its global leadership role in IT and allied areas. To achieve this objective, IIIT Dharwad currently offers B.Tech. Degree programmes in Computer Science and Electronics & Communication.
Areas of Research
- Areas of Research in Computer Science Engineering (CSE), Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE), Physics & Mathematics
- Block Chain, Cloud Computing and Security, Coding Theory, Computer Networks, Computer Vision and Image Processing, Data Analytics, Internet of Things (IoT), Machine Learning and Deep Learning, Mathematics, Natural Language Processing, Optimization Techniques, Physics, Signal Processing, Social Networks, Soft Computing.
Eligibility Criteria for IIIT Dharwad PhD Admission 2020
- Minimum eligibility criteria for the programme are given below.
PhD in Computer Science & Engineering and Electronics & Communication Engineering
- ONE of the following is a must:
- Master Degree in Engineering/Technology in relevant areas with a minimum of CGPA/CPI of 6.5 for Gen/OBC and 6.0 for SC/ST/ all PwD category students on a scale of 1-10 or First Class or 60% for Gen/OBC and 55% for SC/ST/all PwD category student’s marks in aggregate.
- B. Tech/M. Sc in Engineering/Technology in relevant areas with a minimum of CGPA/CPI of 7.0 for Gen/OBC and 6.5 for SC/ST/ all PwD category students on a scale of 1-10 or First Class with Distinction or 70% for Gen/OBC and 65% for SC/ST/ all PwD category student’s marks in aggregate. Applicants with experience in a reputed R & D organization or company, or published papers in reputed conferences and journals, or a patent are preferred.
PhD in Physics/Mathematics
- The following is a must:
- Master’s Degree in Physics/Mathematics in relevant areas with a minimum of CGPA/CPI of 6.5 for Gen/OBC and 6.0 for SC/ST/ all PwD category students on a scale of 1-10 or First Class or 60% for Gen/OBC and 55% for SC/ST/ all PwD category student’s marks in aggregate.
- Reservation as per Government of India rules is applicable.
- Selection will be based on Screening Test and Interview.
- No TA/DA will be provided to the candidates appearing for the screening test/interview.
- The process comprises of a screening test followed by an interview. The candidates who qualify the screening test will be allowed to appear for the interview. The candidate’s fundamental knowledge in their respective discipline will be tested in the interview.
- There will be a common screening test for all shortlisted candidates for all the PhD programmes.
- Questions will be objective type and the content for the test is as follows:
- The verbal reasoning section comprises of three types of questions- Reading Comprehension, Text Completion and Sentence Equivalence. The Verbal Reasoning section measures a candidate’s ability to:
- Analyze and draw conclusions, understand and add value to incomplete data; identify the perception of the author;
- Identify vital points and differentiate between relevant and irrelevant points;
- Understand and summarize the structure of a text;
- Understand the given words, sentences and entire texts; ability to focus on the meaning of the entire sentence
- Understand relationships among words and among concepts.
- The Quantitative Reasoning section of the test evaluates a candidate’s ability to:
- Understand and analyze quantitative information
- Solve problems using mathematical models
- Interpret quantitative information appropriately
- Apply basic mathematical skills and concepts of Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry and Data Interpretation.
- The Analytical Writing section of the test evaluates a candidate’s ability to:
- Articulate complex ideas effectively and with clarity
- Support ideas with relevant reasons and examples
- Examine claims and accompanying evidence
- Sustain a well-focused, coherent discussion
IIIT Dharwad PhD Admission 2020 Application Process
- Applicants must read the instructions carefully before filling up the application form
- Applicants must fill the online application form available at Institute website www.iiitdwd.ac.in
- Separate application form is to be filled if applicants are applying in more than one discipline and in more than one scheme.
- Applicants awaiting for their qualifying exam results can also apply subject to the condition that the results will be declared before the admission begins.
- Applicants should complete the application form in all respects. Incomplete application will not be considered.
- Applicants must also provide the details of at least two well acquainted people who can provide reference letters in support of candidature of applicant. At least one of them must be an academician and must have taught the applicant.
- Applicants are advised to check the Institute website for results / important announcements.
- Applicants are also advised to check emails sent to the email address provided in their applications for all important communications and announcements. All communications related to admission will be communicated only through email.
- Applicants called for written test/interview should bring with them
- Any Photo ID Card issued by government,
- Printed copy of the application submitted online,
- Thesis / dissertation / report / publications,
- All Original certificates and mark-sheets, valid GATE/NET/SLET score cards, and caste certificates.
IIIT Dharwad PhD Admission 2020 Important Dates
- Deadline for submission of Application through email: 05th December 2019 till 5:00PM
- Shortlist of candidates to be announced on website: 16th December 2019
- Screening test and Interview: It will be notified
For more information, please visit website www.iiitdwd.ac.in
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Dharwad, 3rd floor A Block, IT Park, Opp. Glass House, Hubli, Karnataka 580029, Phone: 0836-2250879, 0836-2357747, Email: email@example.com, Website www.iiitdwd.ac.in