> IBAB PhD Admission 2018 – Dates, Eligibility, Application
IBAB PhD Admission 2018 – Dates, Eligibility, Application
IBAB Admission to full-time PhD Program Degree awarded by Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) 2018
IBAB PhD Admission 2018 – Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology (IBAB ) Bengaluru Admission has released the notification for admission to the full-time PhD Programs in different areas for the academic year 2018
Also See : Phd Admissions 2018
About the PhD Program
- Admissions are open for the PhD Program at the Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology (IBAB). The institute has been running this program since 2009
- 14 students are currently enrolled and 4 have successfully completed the program and received their degrees
- The institute has excellent research infrastructure. All the faculty have PhDs and post-doctoral experience in top national or international laboratories. They also have an excellent publication record.
PhD Programs Areas
- The Institute is looking for PhD students in the following areas – Structural biology and informatics; Drug discovery; Transcriptomics and biomarker discovery; Data analytics and systems biology; Microbial genomics; Disease genomics; Network biology; Synthetic biology; Epigenetics and image informatics; Mathematical biology; Genomics; Computational biology; Infectious disease biology; Business Analytics; and Policy Research.
Also See : Admission Notifications 2018
Important Dates for IBAB PhD Admission 2018
- Last Date of Application Form: 28th October 2018
- Candidates must have at least 55% marks in MSc or equivalent degree in science/engineering/medicine
- Candidates with MBBS or BDS or any undergraduate degree which is of at least 5 years’ duration are also eligible to apply.
- Provisional admission is possible for candidates awaiting their final result.
- Candidates with scholarships (UGC/CSIR Net JRF, DBT, ICMR, INSPIRE, ICAR, etc.,) are preferred. A limited number of IBAB fellowships will be available
- Written test followed by interview, both at IBAB
- Candidates supported by internal institutional funds are encouraged to obtain external fellowships after joining the institute.
- Students receiving an IBAB fellowship will be paid Rs.15100/- per month
- Confirmation as a PhD scholar is subject to the selected candidate successfully completing course requirements and internal assessment
- PhD scholars may get an opportunity to work on industrial projects
- PhD scholars may avail hostel accommodation on campus
Application Form for IBAB PhD Admission 2018
- Fill up all details online at link www.ibab.ac.in
- The downloaded word document form can be filled up and sent as an attachment by and the DD the other documents can be sent by post/courier
- Candidates must send their research statement along with their updated CV to email@example.com
For more details about the research at IBAB, visit http://ibab.ac.in/index.php/research/
(An Autonomous Institute of Dept. of IT, BT and S&T, Govt. of Karnataka), IBAB, Biotech Park, Electronics City, Phase I, Bengaluru-560100, Karnataka, Website www.ibab.ac.in or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org