Goa University announces admission to PG courses for Academic session 2019-20
Goa University PG Admission 2019 – Goa University invites online applications for admission to various Post Graduation Degree Programmes at Goa University and affiliated colleges for the academic year 2019-20 through online mode.
Also see : BEd Admission 2019
Goa University PG Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last date for applying online 16th January 2019
The Schedule for the GU-ART
- Round I – 27th January, 03rd , 10th and 17th February 2019
- For round II – 20th March 2019(if seats are vacant)
- For round III – 10th June 2019 (if seats are vacant)
Eligibility Criteria for Goa University PG Admission 2019
- Admissions to the Post Graduate Programmes shall be entirely based on the Goa University Admissions Ranking test (GU-ART). The marks percentage obtained by the students while graduating would only be used to ascertain the eligibility of candidates for the Programme. The purpose of the GU-ART is only to rank the prospective students and not for determination of pass/fail.
- Candidates who have completed their Graduation or are in their Final Year of Graduation are eligible to apply.
- Selected candidates who are in the Final Year of Graduation shall be granted Provisional Admission. Their admission will be confirmed after the results are declared based on the eligibility. In case a candidate fails to clear the Graduation Examination, the admission shall be cancelled and the fees shall be refunded.
For B.Ed. Programme:
- Only Goan Domicile candidates are eligible to apply for the B.Ed. programme.
- Only Post Graduate candidates are eligible to apply for higher secondary school subjects/ subject pedagogies of Commerce/Political Science/ Economics Sociology /Psychology.
For M.C.A programme
- Admission to three-year, six semester, full time course leading to the degree of Master of Computer Applications, is open to any graduate with first degree in any discipline and securing at least 55% (50% in case of SC & OBC) aggregate marks at first degree examination. The candidate must have opted Mathematics as one of the subjects at the HSSC (10+2) level or at a higher level.
Also see : MCA Admission 2019
- Admissions to the B.Ed Programme for the academic year 2019-20 offered at the affiliated colleges will also be based on GU-ART along with the other eligibility criteria as prescribed by the Directorate of Higher Education [DHE], Government of Goa.
- Please refer DHE Public Notice regarding B.Ed. admissions 2019-20. http://www.dhe.goa.gov.in/docs/bed/Public-Notice-of-B-Ed19-21.pdf
Admission to following Post Graduation Degree Programmes will not be based on GU-ART:
- M.A. Wellness and Counseling
- M.B.A (Dept of Management Studies)
- I-M.B.A (Dept of Management Studies)
- Marine Biotechnology
- INR 600 per subject/specialization [Except MCA & MBA(FS)];
- INR 300 in case of SC/ST of Goa [Except MCA & MBA(FS)];
- INR 1,000/- for MCA & MBA(FS), INR 500 in case of SC/ST of Goa
- No fees to be charged from differently abled candidates;
- GU-ART Fees will be accepted online from GUMS portal only.
GU – ART Exam Pattern
- The GU-ART shall be of one paper of 100 marks, containing 50 objective type Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) of 2 marks each. There shall be negative marking, where half a mark shall be deducted for each wrong answer. No marks will be deducted for unanswered questions.
- The duration of the GU-ART will be of 90 minutes.
- The breakup of 100 marks for the GU-ART Question paper shall be as follows:
- Section I (Least difficult) – 15 Questions
- Section II (Difficult) – 15 Questions
- Section III (Most difficult) – 20 Questions
- In case of candidates who have answered the GU-ART and have secured equal marks in the ranking list:
- Section III scores shall be the first level of tie breaker.
- In case of tie after first level, Section II scores shall be the second level of tie breaker.
- In case the tie still exists, the University shall decide the order of merit.
Details of the Syllabus for the GU-ART in the various subjects is available on the Goa University website www.unigoa.ac.in
Goa University PG Admission 2019 Application Process
- Applications for admission to various Post Graduation Degree Programmes at Goa University and affiliated colleges for the academic year 2019-20 will be accepted through online mode only at www.unigoa.ac.in
For more information please check on official website www.unigoa.ac.in.