> ESSO – INCOIS
> ESSO – INCOIS PhD Admission 2018 – Application, Eligibility, Dates
ESSO – INCOIS PhD Admission 2018 – Application, Eligibility, Dates
ESSO – INCOIS Call for Application for the PhD Program 2018
ESSO – INCOIS PhD Admission 2018 – Earth System Science Organisation (ESSO), Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services (INCOIS), an autonomous Institute under the Ministry of Earth Sciences, Govt. of India; Ocean Velley Pragathi Nagar (BO), Nizampet (SO), Hyderabad has invited applications from motivated candidates for PhD Admission for the year 2018
Also See : Admission Notifications 2018
- ESSO-INCOIS is a leading institute in the field of operational Oceanography with a specific objective to provide oceanographic information and advisories to public.
- The services of ESSO INCOIS ties up with several national and international oceanographic institutes to improve the quality of services.
- Major research activities in ESSO-INCOIS include ocean Modelling, Ocean Data Assimilation, Data Analysis, Satellite Oceanography, Coastal Vulnerability Studies, Potential Fishing Zone Identification and Studies related to Water Quality, Tsunami and Storm Surges.
- International Training Centre for Operational Oceanography (ITCO Ocean)which is established at ESSO-INCOIS has been recognized as a Category-2 Centre by UNESCO
- ESSO-INCOIS is a recognized Research Centre of Hyderabad Central University, Andhra University, Mangalore University & JNTU (Hyderabad)
- Last Date for Receiving Applications is 30th September 2018
- Applicant should hold a first-class M.Sc. /M.Tech. in any branch of Earth Sciences /Oceanography/Meteorology /Physics /Mathematics
- Candidates should have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by CSIR/UGC or similar national level tests including, but not limited to, GATE, INSPIRE etc. Candidates who cleared the UGC-CSIR NET without fellowship, if selected, will be offered fellowship from ESSO-INCOIS as per ESSO-INCOIS norms.
- A successful candidate should register for PhD on a specific topic with one of the recognized universities within two years of joining under the guidance of one of the Scientist(s) at ESSO-INCOIS
- Final selection of the PhD candidates will be based on personal interview conducted at ESSO-INCOIS. Outstation candidates called for interview, will be provided accommodation in the guest rooms and 2nd sleeper train/bus fare from their place of stay to Hyderabad at shortest route will be reimbursed
Application Procedure for ESSO INCOIS PhD Admission 2018
- Interested candidates may send their detailed bio-data along with a brief write-up (500 words) on the field of proposed research to “The Director, ESSO-Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services, Ministry of Earth Sciences, Ocean Valley, Pragati Nagar (BO), Nizampet (SO), Hyderabad 500090”, Telengana, India’ by post or to firstname.lastname@example.org via email
- Interviews of shortlisted candidates will be conducted twice in a year (May/June and October/November)
- Applications received during 01st October to 30th April will be considered for the interview in May/June and the applications received during 01st May to 30 September will be considered for the interview in October-November
More details about ESSO-INCOIS are available at https://www.incois.gov.in
Earth System Science Organization (ESSO)
INCOIS, (An Autonomous Institute under the Ministry of Earth Sciences, Govt. of India), ‘Ocean Valley’, Pragathi Nagar (BO), Nizampet (SO), Hyderabad-500090, Ph.: 040-2389 5000, Email: email@example.com, Websitewww.incois.gov.in