Center of Innovative and Applied Bioprocessing PhD Biotechnology Admission 2019
CIAB PhD Biotechnology Admission 2019 – Center of Innovative and Applied Bioprocessing (CIAB), Mohali invites applications from the motivated students for admission to the PhD degree program in Biotechnology with a focus on Bioprocessing beginning from July 2019 session.
CIAB is a recognized centre of the Regional Centre for Biotechnology (RCB), Faridabad to conduct PhD (Biotechnology) program. The program will be conducted at CIAB and the degree will be awarded by RCB, an institution of national importance created by an Act of Parliament.
See: PHD Admission
CIAB PhD Biotechnology Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last date of application submission: 10th June 2019
- Date of Interview: 9th July 2019
Area of Ph.D. research work:
- Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Food Science & Engineering and Chemical Engineering
Duration of Ph.D. Course:
- The duration is for 5 years and a maximum of 7 years.
Number of Seats:
- 05 (Institute reserves the right to restrict the number of seats depending upon availability of positions with the faculty)
See: Biotechnology Entrance Exam
Eligibility Criteria for CIAB PhD Biotechnology Admission 2019
- Minimum qualification: M.Sc./M. Tech./M.E./ M.S.(Pharm)/or equivalent degree in any branch of Biological Sciences/ Chemical Sciences/Food Science & Technology/Chemical Engineering or related field.
- Qualifying marks: 60% total marks or equivalent score in the qualifying degree (5% relaxation will be given to SC/ST/OBC as per GOI norms).
- In addition to the above conditions, candidates should have qualified any of the following national examinations. Preference will be given to those who have a valid fellowship offer at the time of interview.
- Joint CSIR-UGC-NET Test for Junior Research Fellowship (CSIR/UGC JRF/SRF)
- Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (DST–INSPIRE)
- DBT Junior Research Fellowship (DBT-JRF)
- ICMR Junior Research Fellowship (ICMR-JRF)
- Any other national level fellowship
- ASRB-NET candidate
- Or any other equivalent national level test.
- Candidates who have appeared, or will be appearing, in the qualifying degree examination (final year/final semester) and whose result is still awaited may also apply. However, the admission is pursuant to satisfactory fulfilment of the aforementioned eligibility criteria/requirements at the time of joining.
- Age Limit: 28 years (relaxation will be given as per GOI norms).
- The students admitted to the program will have to avail the fellowship offered to them from the different granting agencies as per their rules.
See: Scholarships in India
CIAB PhD Biotechnology Admission 2019 Application Process
- The details of Admission, Application Form, Ph.D. course work and Brochure are available at CIAB website ciab.res.in
- Eligible candidates may send their applications by post for admission to the Ph.D. program to Administrative Office, Center of Innovative and Applied Bioprocessing (CIAB), Sector-81, Knowledge City, Mohali- 140306 (Punjab)
- The Application fee of Rs. 500/- in the form of Bank Draft in favour of “Chief Executive Officer, CIAB.” payable at Mohali/Chandigarh.
Center of Innovative and Applied Bioprocessing (CIAB)
(Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India)Sector-81, Knowledge City, Mohali-140306, Punjab (India), Phone: +91-172-5221400, Email: email@example.com, website www.ciab.res.in