Calcutta University PhD Admission 2019 – Calcutta University invites application from interested candidates for admission into PhD programme for the session 2019-20.
Calcutta University PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
For PhD in Museology
- Start date of download of application: 17th April 2019
- Entrance test date: 3rd May 2019 at 1.00pm
- List of qualified candidates for interview: 13th to 20th May 2019
For PhD in Education:
- Start date of download of application form: 06th Feb 2019
- Last date of submission of application form: 13th Feb 2019
- Date of written test: 27th Feb 2019
- Declaration of Result: 08th March 2019
- Date of Interview: 12th March 2019 (Exempted candidates), 14th March 2019 (Test category)
- Publication of list of qualified candidates: 20th March 2019
For PhD in Comparative Indian Language)
Last date of submission of application form: 19th Feb 2019
List of eligible candidates for research eligibility: 22nd Feb 2019
Also See : Phd Admissions 2019
Calcutta University PhD Admission 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- For Museology:
Master’s degree holders in Museology with 55% marks/ ‘B’ grade in UGC 7 point scale/ equivalent grade in aggregate are eligible to apply. 5% relaxation in marks would be allowed to candidates belonging to the SC/ ST/ OBC (non-creamy layer) /Differently abled categories and the candidates obtained their Master degree prior to 19.09.1991.
- Master degree holders in other relevant subjects or BE/ BTech/ MBBS degree holders may also apply subject to fulfillment of the Clauses 5.3 and 6.4 of the University of Calcutta (Regulation for the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy, Ph.D.) Regulations 2016.
- Candidates having degrees from other Universities and foreign students need equivalence/ clearance certificate from the competent authorities as laid down in the PhD Regulations 2016 (Clauses 5.1A and 5.1B).
Dept. of Education:
- Candidates (having Master’s Degree in Education/M.Ed with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade B+ in the UGC 7 point scale or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed. A relaxation of 5% marks, from 55% to 50% or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Differently abled
Dept. of comparative Indian Language:
- Candidates having Master’s Degree in Comparative Indian Language and Literature or any other allied literature discipline with specialization in Comparative Indian Literature/ Comparative Literature with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7 – point scale or any other qualification considered equivalent thereto (a relaxation of 5% marks, from 55% to 50% or an equivalent relaxation of grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Differently-abled candidates)
Calcutta University PhD Admission 2019 Selection Process
- The PhD entrance test of 100 marks for the suitable candidates will be held once in a year and the qualifying marks will be fixed at 50%. Admissions of Calcutta University will be made on the basis of a written test, of three hours duration followed by and interview. Candidates with NET/SET/M.Phil will not be required to appear in the written test but need to appear in the interview.
Also See: Admissions Notification 2019
Calcutta University PhD Admission 2019 Application Form
- Application form can be downloaded from https://www.caluniv.ac.in/admission/
- Filled in application forms, accompanied by the counterpart of a challan (obtainable from the Cash Counter of the University at the College Street campus) of Rs.100/- should be submitted to the office of the Department of Applied Physics, 92, A. P.C. Road, Kolkata-700009 on all working days between 12.00 Noon to 04.00 PM
- The challan should necessarily be endorsed by the HOD before deposition of fees at any Cash Counter of the University
- Original documents may be asked for as and when required by the appropriate authority
- Employed candidates are required to submit a no-objection certificate from their present employer as and when required
For more details please visit the official website:
University of Calcutta
87/1, College Street, Kolkata- 700073, www.caluniv.in