Notice for Enrolment to the PhD Program in Urdu 2018
University of Calcutta also formally known as Calcutta University invites applications from all the aspiring eligible candidates (PhD Regulations 2016) for enrolment to the PhD Program in Urdu for the year 2018-19.
Number of Seats: 08 (Eight)
Also See : Phd Admissions 2018
Important Dates for Urdu PhD program admission
- Submission of Application Form on and before 20th November 2018 from 1200 noon to 03:00 pm on all working days
- Date of Interview: 11th December 2018 (time 01.00 pm)
- Publication of the List of candidates obtained qualifying marks in the Written Test: 03rd December 2018 at 03.00 pm
Also See : Admissions Notifications 2018
Calcutta University PG Admission 2018 Eligibility Criteria for Urdu PhD
- A postgraduate in Urdu with no less than 55% marks in aggregate. Teaching experience with at least 2 years-service is favoured. M Phil degree holders are qualified as well.
- They should have M.Phil. Degree in the subject concerned with at least 55% marks (or); Also, applicants who have first class Master’s degree in any subject
- Selection will be made on the basis of a Written Test (RET) followed by an Interview. Those who will qualify in the Written Test will have to appear for an Interview. Candidates with NET/SET/ M Phil are not required to appear for the Written Test and are eligible to apply for appearing in the Interview directly.
University of Calcutta PG Admission 2018 | Urdu PhD Application Form
- Application Form can be downloaded from Calcutta University official website https://www.caluniv.ac.in/admission/urdu-9-10-18.pdf
- Application Form, duly filled in, is to be submitted to the Head, Department of Urdu, University of Calcutta, after payment of Rs.100/- only in cash to be deposited in the Calcutta University Cash Counter by challan. Self-attested photocopies of the relevant documents and testimonials may be enclosed with the filled-in Application Form.
- Submission of Application Form on and before 20th November 2018 from 12.00 noon to 03:00 pm on all working days
- All notices regarding selection will be put up on the Notice Board of the Department of Urdu, University of Calcutta
Written Test (RET)
- For the Written Test (RET), the question paper will be of Essay type and Short Notes related to Research Methodology and Urdu Literature (Classical and Modern)
- Date of Written Test (RET): 28th November 2018 Time: 01:00 pm
- Venue: Department of Urdu, Asutosh Building, First Floor, 87/1, College Street, Kolkata-700073
- Duration of Written Test (RET): 2 hrs. Total Marks of Written Test (RET): 70
- Publication of the list of candidates obtained qualifying marks in the Written Test: 03.12.2018 at 3.00 pm
- Date of Interview: 11th December 2018 (time 01.00 pm); Venue, Dept. of Urdu, Asutosh Building, First Floor, 87/1, College Street, Kolkata-700073
- Total Marks of Interview: 30
- Each candidate appearing for the Interview is asked to bring all relevant documents, testimonials in original and a synopsis (about 1000 words) of his/her research proposal
- Publication of the list of candidates selected for enrolment will be announced in due course
These are the important notification for the Calcutta University PhD admissions in Urdu Language. You can also verify all the details at Calcutta University official website.