Bangalore University Notification for Admission to PG Diploma, Diploma Course and Certificate Course 2018
Bangalore University PG Diploma, Diploma and Certificate Courses Admission 2018 – Bangalore University invites applications for admission to the following PG Diploma, Diploma Course and Certificate Courses for the academic year 2018-19 at Jnanabharathi Campus and in Affiliated Colleges
Also See : Admission Notifications
Faculty of Arts
- Centre for Ambedkar Studies
- Centre for Gandhian Studies
- Centre for Rural Development Studies
- Performing Arts
- Visual Arts
Bangalore University Admission Dates 2018
- Opening of online portal for filling of application for admission: 31st October 2018
- Last Date for Submission of Application Online without Fine: 12th November 2018
- Last Date for Payment of Fees: 19th November 2018
- Commencement of Classes: 19th November 2018
Colleges/Courses Offered & Eligibility Criteria
Centre for Ambedkar Studies & Research [Jnana Bharathi Campus, Bangalore]
a) P. G. Diploma in Ambedkar Studies
b) Certificate Course in Dalit Movement
a) Eligibility for P. G. Diploma Course: Any Bachelor’s Degree
b) Eligibility for Certificate Course: Candidates should have passed PUC
Centre for Gandhi Bhavan [Jnana Bharathi, Bangalore]
a) P. G. Diploma in Gandhian Studies
b) Certificate Course in Gandhian Studies
a) PG Diploma Course: A candidate who has a Degree in any faculty of this University or any recognised University in India or abroad is eligible for admission. Preference will be given to those who have completed Certificate Course in Gandhian Studies in this University.
b) Certificate Course: Candidates above 18 years of age with minimum S.S.L.C qualification
Centre for Rural Development Studies [Jnana Bharathi Campus, Bangalore]
- PG Diploma in Rural Management
- Candidates who have completed three years Bachelors Degree and have secured 50% of Marks in the aggregate of all papers studied at the qualifying examinations are eligible for admission into the course.
Department of Hindi [Jnana Bharathi Campus, Bengaluru]
a) P. G. Diploma in Functional Hindi
b) P.G. Diploma in Hindi Translation
Eligibility for PG Diploma in Functional Hindi/Translation
- Candidates who have secured 40% marks in the aggregate of all the subjects and 50% of marks in the cognate subject at Bachelor’s Degree Level OR Candidates with a BA, B.Sc. or B.Com. Degree are eligible to apply provided they have secured 55% in the Language in the Degree Course OR Students who have passed the Rashtra Bhasha Visharad Examination of Dakshina Bharath Hindi Prachar Sabha or equivalent examination of other Institutions along with the University degree.
Department of History [Jnana Bharathi Campus, Bengaluru]
a) P.G. Diploma in Tourism and Museology
b) P.G. Diploma in Communal Harmony and Social Peace
a) PG Diploma in Tourism & Museology: A graduate of Bangalore University or any other recognized University in India (10+2+3) having studied in a regular course with a minimum of 50% in aggregate, will be eligible to apply for the Course.
b) PG Diploma in Communal Harmony & Social Peace: A graduate of Bangalore University or any other recognized University in India with a minimum of 50% in aggregate will be eligible to apply for the Course
Department of Performing Arts [Jnana Bharathi Campus, Bengaluru]
- PG Diploma in Film Acting
Department of Sanskrit [Jnana Bharathi Campus, Bengaluru]
a) P. G. Diploma Course in Manuscriptology
b) Diploma course in Sanskrit
a) A candidate must have passed any Degree examination of a recognized University. (After admission, a bridge-course in Sanskrit of two months duration for 100 marks, should be completed. Those who have the background of Sanskrit are exempted from this Bridge-course).
b) A candidate must have passed PUC or any equivalent examination with Sanskrit as language of PUC/ any equivalent exam with Prathama or any preliminary Sanskrit examinations.
Dept. of Urdu [Jnana Bharathi Campus, Bengaluru]
- The Course is open to all including foreign nationals. Minimum educational qualification essential for admission to the course is matriculation, preference being given to graduates.
Visual Arts [Jnana Bharathi Campus, Bengaluru]
- PG Diploma/Post Diploma in Visual Arts
Eligibility for PG/Post Diploma in Visual Arts (in painting/ Sculpture/Graphic – Print Making/ News Media Art):
- Bachelor of Visual Arts / Bachelor in Fine Arts / Diploma in Fine Arts subjects from any University or any recognized Institution equivalent with the same specifications in terms of number of years of study and subject
Faculty of Science
- Biological Science
- Yoga Centre
Department of Geography [Jnana Bharathi Campus, Bengaluru]
- PG Diploma in Geoinformatics
- Post graduates in Geography, Geology, Environmental Science and Graduation in Civil Engineering and Architecture with 55% of marks. The course is fully self financed. 50% of the seats for Bangalore University Candidates, 25% of seats for candidates belonging to other than Bangalore University within Karnataka state and remaining 25% of seats for the candidates from outside Karnataka
Dept. of Psychology [Jnana Bharathi Campus, Bengaluru]
- P.G. Diploma in Psychological Counseling (PGDPC)
Yoga Centre [Jnana Bharathi Campus, Bengaluru]
a) P. G. Diploma Course in Yoga Studies
b) Certificate Course in Yoga Studies
- PG Diploma Course in Yoga Studies: Candidate who has a Degree in any faculty of this University or any recognized University. Preference may be given to those who have completed Certificate Course (Yoga Instructors course) of this University successfully.
- Yoga Instructors Course (Certificate Course in Yoga Studies): Any candidate who has attained 18 years of age and has a minimum qualification of PUC pass is eligible to seek admission
- Biological Science [School of Natural Science, Psychology Block, Jnana Bharathi Campus]
- PG Diploma in Clinical Embryology and Assisted Reproductive Technology
- Post Graduate in Zoology, Biotechnology, Life Science, Biological Sciences, Molecular Biology, Applied Genetics and other MBBS with 50% in aggregate in the qualifying exam
Bangalore University Admission 2018 Application Form
- Separate applications should be submitted for each PG Diploma, Diploma Course and Certificate Courses through Online Mode
- Candidates are advised to read the Instruction, Eligibility Criteria, Rules Payment mode and all other instructions thoroughly, which are mentioned in the website www.bangaloreuniversity.ac.in before filling the online application
- Template of the Application Form is available in the website for reference. The procedure to fill the application online is also available in the website.
- Mobile Number and Email ID are compulsory for filling the application and the candidates are advised to create their e-mail ID. Log in to the portal through young user ID and password for filling the application
- The Processing Fee per application is Rs.200/- for GM and other and Rs.100/- for SC/ST/CAT-I applicants. The payment of processing fee shall be paid through Online/E-Payment only
- For more details of payment, visit the website