AIIMS Rishikesh announces Admission to PhD Program for January 2020 Session
AIIMS Rishikesh PhD Admission 2020, Notification, Dates, Application – All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Rishikesh invites applications for admission in PhD Program January 2020 Session in all Clinical/ Non- Clinical subjects and in Nursing.
Given below are the details on AIIMS Rishikesh PhD Admissions 2020 January Session with its notification, eligibility criteria and requirements.
About the AIIMS Rishikesh
- AIIMS Rishikesh is one of the finest institutes that screens the best talent from the country and provide the medical and paramedical manpower for the country.
- This institute is dedicated to conduct the research in both national and regional health problems. Every year several students apply for the PhD admission in AIIMS Rishikesh. So, if you are a PhD Aspirant, you should definitely follow the AIIMS notification.
Duration of the Course
- Minimum period of registration in respect of all candidates who are registered for PhD shall be three years and maximum period of registration shall not exceed five years.
Also See Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
AIIMS Rishikesh PhD Admission 2020 Important Dates
- Online Applications starts from: 20th November 2019
- Last date of receiving of online application form is 20th December 2019 by 05:00 PM.
- Date of Entrance Exam: 26th December 2019 at AIIMS Rishikesh
- Interaction with Interview Board is scheduled on 27th and 28th December 2019
Eligibility Criteria for AIIMS Rishikesh PhD Admission 2020
- A Candidate seeking admission to the course of study leading to award of a Degree of Doctor of Philosophy must possess at least one of the following qualifications of a recognized University/Institute:
For Medical Sciences
- MBBS /BDS degree or equivalent with minimum of 55% aggregate marks or equivalent percentile in Professional examinations.
- MD/MS/MDS/MCH in subject concerned or Diploma of National Board of Examinations with minimum of 55% aggregate marks or equivalent percentile.
- Bachelor degree in Alternative Medicine (AYUSH) with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks in Professional examinations.
- Candidates holding MSc degree with minimum 55% aggregate marks or equivalent percentile in Nursing specialty will also be eligible for PhD admission in College of Nursing.
- For non-medical Candidate eligibility shall be Master degree (02-year course) awarded by Indian University or equivalent in subject as per requirement of project. Candidates holding MSc (Other than MSc Nursing), M Biotech/ M Tech degree / M Com / MBA or equivalent will be eligible for non-medical qualification category.
- Candidates possessing Masters Degree through distant learning course shall not be eligible. Candidates having eligibility under non-medical category should have at least 55% marks or equivalent in last eligibility examination qualified.
- Candidates who have qualified SRF/JRF would be eligible to get 10 marks as special weightage to be added to the total score of candidate. SRF/JRF/ Internal candidates with fund for project will be given preference.
Relaxation in Qualification for all Candidates
- A relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% or an equivalent relaxation of percentile / grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled and female Candidates.
For External Candidates in permanent employment
- Candidates who are permanent employees of external Institutions (Central Govt/ Semi Govt/ Autonomous organization) should submit application through proper channel.
- Also such Candidates will have to provide a certificate at the time of submission of synopsis from employer stating that in the event of selection to PhD course Candidate will be granted for a minimum period of 02-year study leave with full pay and permission to work at AIIMS Rishikesh to pursue full time PhD Course.
- Applicants from AIIMS Rishikesh – whose tenure is of 3 years or more – Faculty/ Scientific staff/ Administrative officer/ officials, SR, JR, Tutors and Demonstrators may apply as Internal Candidates.
- In-Service candidates would not require to appear in Theory Examination. They have to be successful in Course Curriculum.
- Entrance Examination would be conducted for eligible candidates on 26th December 2019 at AIIMS Rishikesh. Interaction with Interview Board is scheduled on 27th and 28th December 2019 for qualifying candidates.
- Phd Entrance exam consists of 200 MCQ’s with marks allotted being 70. Question paper of PhD entrance exam consist of following:
- Aptitude, Soft Skills & General Knowledge: 25%
- Rest of question paper be based on: 75%
- Research Methodology
- Cell Biology
- Primary Health care
- General Health related issues.
- All External Candidates will have to report to Lecture Theatre-3, 3rd Floor, Medical College Building, AIIMS Rishikesh on 26th December 2019 by 09:00 AM with payment slip, Original Documents and its self-Attested Photocopies.
See: Latest Entrance Exams
AIIMS Rishikesh PhD Admission 2020 Application Process
- Application form is to be filled online only at http://ewebapp.in/aiims/phd_19/login.php with scanned copy of supporting documents by 20 December 2019 by 05:00 PM
- Before applying candidates must contact Department / Guide in which he /she wishes to pursue Ph.D. course and get consent from Guide/ Department AIIMS Rishikesh.
- Candidates must prepare and submit with application a concept note mentioning details regarding research work candidate wants to pursue for PhD. If qualify written exam, the candidate will require to present concept note to Institute Review Board
- Transfer of PhD Candidates (Females) is welcome from other University as per UGC guidelines
- Each External candidate selected for admission will have to pay Course Fees at the time of admission of Rs. 6500/-.
- Candidates of foreign nationality are welcome to apply.
For further information/ clarification, Contact- Dr. Shalinee Rao, Convener/ Dr. Manisha Naithani, co-convener Ph.D. Course AIIMS Rishikesh–249203, Emailphd@aiimsrishikesh.edu.in, Ph-0135-2462679 & Website http://aiimsrishikesh.edu.in/