AIIMS Rishikesh PhD Admission 2020 – All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Rishikesh invites applications for admission in PhD Program for July 2020 Session in all Clinical/ Non- Clinical subjects and in Nursing.
To check the details on AIIMS Rishikesh PhD Admission 2020 refer to the post below.
About the AIIMS Rishikesh
- AIIMS Rishikesh is one of the finest institutes that screens the best talent from the country and provides the medical and paramedical manpower for the country.
- This institute is dedicated to conduct research in both national and regional health problems. Every year several students apply for the PhD admission in AIIMS Rishikesh. So, if you are a PhD Aspirant, you should definitely follow the AIIMS notification.
Duration of the Course
Minimum period of registration in respect of all candidates who are registered for PhD shall be three years and maximum period of registration shall not exceed five years.
AIIMS Rishikesh PhD Admission 2020 Important Dates
Date for uploading of Information Brochure & Commencement of Online Registration – 28th May 2020
Last Date for Submitting Online Application Forms – 28th June 2020
Verification of Documents – 12th – 14th July 2020
Written examination (Part A) Online CBT/OMR – 15th July 2020
Interaction with Interview Board – 21st – 22nd July 2020
Final result to appear on Institute website on or before – 24th July 2020
Eligibility Criteria for AIIMS Rishikesh PhD Admission 2020
A Candidate seeking admission to a course of study leading to the award of a Degree of Doctor of Philosophy must possess at least one of the qualifications of a recognized University/ Institute as per table.
MD Anaesthesia or equivalent (Registered with MCI).
MS Anatomy or equivalent (Registered with MCI) OR M.Sc. in Medical Anatomy/ M.Sc. in Anatomy
MD Biochemistry or equivalent (Registered with MCI) OR M.Sc. in Biochemistry/ M.Sc. in Medical Biochemistry/ M.Sc. in Biotechnology
MD Cardiology or equivalent (Registered with MCI).
MD Dermatology or equivalent (Registered with MCI).
MD Forensic Medicine or equivalent (Registered with MCI). OR M.Sc. in Forensic Medicine / M.Sc. in Biotechnology
MS Surgery or equivalent (Registered with MCI).
MD Paediatrics / DMneonatology or equivalent (Registered with MCI).
MS Surgery/ MCh in Neurosurgery or equivalent (Registered with MCI) OR M.Sc in Microbiology/ M.Sc in Biochemistry/ M.Sc in Life Sciences/ M.Sc in Allied field of Life Science/ M.Sc in Biotechnology.
M.Sc in Nursing
Obstetrics & Gynaecology
MD Obstetrics & Gynaecology or equivalent (Registered with MCI).
MD Ophthalmology or equivalent (Registered with MCI). OR M.Sc in Optometry
MD Physiology or equivalent (Registered with MCI) OR M.Sc in Medical Physiology/ M.Sc in Physiology
MD Psychiatry or equivalent (Registered with MCI)
MD Radiodiagnosisor equivalent (Registered with MCI) OR M.Sc. in Physics/ Chemistry or equivalent
Transfusion Med & Blood Bank
MD Transfusion Medicine/ Pathology or equivalent (Registered with MCI)
Relaxation in Marks for all Candidates
A relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% or an equivalent relaxation of percentile / grade, maybe allowed for those belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC (non -creamy layer)/ Differently -abled and female Candidates.
Details of Seats
Sr. No. 1. Department Seats
1. Anaesthesiology 02
2. Anatomy 02
3. Biochemistry 05
4. Cardiology 02
5. Dermatology 02
6. Forensic Medicine 02
7. General Surgery 02
8. Neonatology 02
9. Neurosurgery 02
10. Nursing 03
11. Obstetrics & Gynaecology 02
12. Ophthalmology 02
13. Physiology 04
14. Psychiatry 02
15. Radio Diagnosis 01
16. Transfusion Med & Blood Bank 02
AIIMS Rishikesh PhD Admission 2020 Application Process
1. Application form is to be filled online only at www.aiimsrishikesh.edu.in with scanned copy of supporting documents by 28th June 2020 by 05:00 PM
2. Before applying, candidates must contact the Department / Guide in which he /she wishes to pursue Ph.D. course and get consent from Guide/ Department AIIMS Rishikesh.
3. Candidates must prepare and submit with application a concept note mentioning details regarding research work the candidate wants to pursue for PhD. If qualify written exam, the candidate will require to present concept note to Institute Review Board
4. Transfer of PhD Candidates (Females) is welcome from other University as per UGC guidelines
5. Each External candidate selected for admission will have to pay Course Fees at the time of admission of Rs. 6500/-.
6. Candidates of foreign nationality are welcome to apply.
Internal Candidates – Rs.5000/ –
External Candidates – Rs.1000/ –
- Entrance Examination would be conducted for eligible candidates on 15th July 2020 at AIIMS Rishikesh. Interaction with the Interview Board is scheduled on 21st and 22nd July 2020 for qualifying candidates.
- PhD Entrance exam consists of 200 MCQ’s with marks allotted being 70. Question paper of PhD entrance exam consist of following:
Paper- 1-100 MCQ (General paper)
a) Aptitude, Soft Skills & General Knowledge
b) Rest of question paper be based on
ii. Research Methodology
iii. Cell Biology
iv. Primary Health care
v. General Health related issues
Paper-2-100 MCQ (Subject Specific paper)
- Before applying candidates must contact Department / Guide in which he / she wish to pursue PhD course and get consent from Guide/ Department AIIMS Rishikesh
- Transfer of PhD Candidates (Females) is welcome from other University as per UGC guidelines
S/No. Fee Amount (Rs.) Minimum Period Maximum Period
1 Registration Fee 500/- — —
2 Tuition Fee PhD 5000/ per year 3 Years 6/7 years (as applicable)
3 Ancillary Utility Charges PhD 500/- per year 3 Years 6/7 years (as applicable)
4 Caution Money (To be deposited by every student for recovery of breakages or loss of AIIMS Rishikesh equipment etc.) 500/- — —
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website