AIIMS Rishikesh announces Admission to Diploma in Plaster Technician (DPT) January 2020
AIIMS Rishikesh Diploma in Plaster Technician Admission 2020 – All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Rishikesh invites online applications for Entrance Exams leading to Diploma in Plaster Technician (DPT) Course for January 2020 Session.
Interested candidates can check all the details of Diploma in Plaster Technician (DPT) Admission 2020 like application form, eligibility criteria, counselling procedure etc from this page given below.
Also See: Admission Notifications
Diploma in Plaster Technician
- Diploma in Plaster Technician academic session will commence from 01st January 2020. Selected candidates have to join with timeline indicated by Academic Section, AIIMS Rishikesh in offer letter issued to respective candidate. No candidate will be admitted in course in any circumstances beyond 29th February 2020 of year of admission.
AIIMS Rishikesh Diploma in Plaster Technician Admission 2020 Important Dates
- Date for uploading of Prospectus and commencement of online registration of applications: 03rd October 2019
- Last date for submitting online application forms, 17:00 h IST: 23th October 2019
- Display of eligibility status of application on website: 30th October 2019
- Appeal for review by non-eligible applicants: 02nd November 2019
- Admit cards available for download from: 6th November 2019
- Written examination: 15th November 2019
- Result to appear on Institute website on or before 20th November 2019
- Admission procedure: 30th December 2019
- Joining of selected candidates: 1st January 2020
- Diploma in Plaster Technician – 1 Year duration
Aims & Objectives
- Orthopaedic technologist is a specialized physician extender who is an expert in casting and splinting immobilization techniques. Orthopaedic technologists work under the direct supervision of orthopaedic surgeon to manage the care of orthopaedic patients in clinic and sometimes perform as first assistant in the operating suite. Typical functions of an orthopaedic technologist include following:
- Application and removal of all types of casts and splints.
- Assist with history and physical assessment.
- Assist with fracture and dislocation reduction.
- Wound closure and care.
- Patient education and follow-up care.
- Assist in operating suite.
No. of Seats
- Diploma in Plaster Technician – 02 Seats
See: Latest Entrance Exam Notification
Eligibility Criteria for AIIMS Rishikesh Diploma in Plaster Technician Admission 2020
- Diploma Course in Plaster Technician:
- A candidate is eligible to appear in Entrance Examination if he/she:
- Is an Indian citizen.
- has attained or will attain the age of 17 (seventeen) years as on 31st of December of the year of admission (2019) should have passed 10th Standard from Hindi or English Medium.
- has a minimum aggregate marks required in qualifying examination i.e. 10th standard: 50% for Gen / OBC (45% in case of SCs / STs Categories) in aggregate.
- a) Candidates who are to appear in qualifying examination whose results are likely to be declared before 31st December, 2019 are also eligible to apply for Diploma in Plaster Technician Course.
- b) Candidates who are due to appear at qualifying examination, or have already appeared and are awaiting results can also apply for admission. But such candidates must furnish proof of passing the qualifying examination with requisite percentage of marks and subjects at the time of admission, failing which their candidature will be cancelled.
Reservation of Seats
- Reservation of seats at AIIMS, Rishikesh is as follows:
- Other Backward Classes: 27%
- Scheduled Caste: 15%
- Scheduled Tribe: 7.5%
- EWS: 10%
- If requisite number of suitable candidates is not available to fill up seats reserved for Scheduled Castes, same will be filled by candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes and vice-versa.
- In case suitable candidates are not available from two reserved categories, vacant seats will be filled up by candidates from general category.
- In case suitable candidates are not available in OBC reserved category, same will be filled up by candidates from general category.
- For Indian Nationals, 5% reservation for Person with Benchmark Disability shall be provided on horizontal basis, in seats advertised.
Scheme of Competitive Exams & Procedure for Selection
- Admission will be made entirely on the basis of performance of candidates at Entrance Examination to be conducted in AIIMS Rishikesh.
- It is hereby informed that if any applicant provided false information solely for the purpose of appearing in examination for practice or purpose, applicant will be debarred from AIIMS Rishikesh Examination in future. Further, all selected candidates may be verified with previous data. Therefore, all applicants are required to fill application accurately.
- Entrance Examination for Diploma in Plaster Technician Course will be conducted online by Computer Based Test (CBT) or OMR in Rishikesh only.
- Seats will be filled strictly on merit on the basis of marks secured by candidates at Entrance Examination conducted by the Institute.
- Entrance Examination will be conducted in English Language only.
Scheme of Entrance Exam
- One paper of 1½ hours duration and consisting of objective type (Multiple Choice) 30 questions each in subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology.
- Based on result of Entrance Examination, separate merit lists will be prepared for General, OBC, Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe & Economically Weaker Section (EWS) categories.
Scheme of Marking
- There will be negative marking for wrong answers in entrance examination for all courses.
- Each correct response will get a score of +1 mark; Each incorrect response will get a score of -1/3.
- No credit will be given for questions not answered or MARKED FOR REVIEW (Questions marked for Review shall be considered as Unanswered unless saved).
- More than one response will be negatively marked. Zero mark will be given for questions not answered.
AIIMS Rishikesh Diploma in Plaster Technician Admission 2020 Application Process
- Candidate should fill in Online Application with utmost care and follow the instructions step by step. Candidate should fill in Online Application form correctly. Incorrect filled form may lead to rejection.
Online Registration & Submission
- A candidate seeking admission to Entrance Examination is required to submit his/her application in prescribed format available online with Prospectus on www.aiimsrishikesh.edu.in. Cost of Application Form includes fee for entrance examination which is non-refundable and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
- Candidate is required to go through Prospectus carefully and acquaint himself/herself with all requirements with regard to filling of online application form.
- Online Registration: After selecting online registration, fill mandatory details asked for and deposit prescribed fee through debit/credit card/Net Banking. After submitting fees filled required information step by step. Follow Instructions scrupulously.
- It will be the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that correct details are filled in Registration Slip. Institute will not be responsible for any incorrect information/cancellation of candidature/loss or lack of communication etc. due to wrong filled online Application form.
- SC/ST/EWS: Rs. 1200/- + Transaction Charges as
- UR/OBC: 1500/- + Transaction
- PWD: Exempted from any fee
- Admit Card for Accepted Registration Form will only be uploaded on website. If status of Registration Form or Admit Card is not available on the website, he/she should immediately write an email to Dean (Examination) AIIMS, Rishikesh 249203 on email@example.com along with full particulars of Registration Form.
All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Virbhadra Road, Rishikesh, Uttarakhand- 249203, India, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone No.: 0135-2462932, Website www.aiimsrishikesh.edu.in