ICAR New Delhi AICE-JRF/SRF(PGS)-2018
PhD Fellowship & Junior Research Fellowship 2018 AICE – Indian Council of Agricultural Research conducts the All India Competitive Examination (AICE) for admission to Doctoral Degree Programs of Agricultural Universities under ICAR-AU System and Award of ICAR-JRF/SRF(PGS) in Agriculture and Allied Sciences for the academic session 2018-19
Also See : Admission Notification
AICE SRF PGS 2018
- ICAR’s All India Competitive Examination for Admission to 25% Seats (100% seats of Dr. RPCAU, Pusa) in Doctoral Degree Programs of Agricultural Universities under ICARAU system (except the four ICAR-DUs) and Award of ICAR-JRF/SRF(PGS) in Agriculture & Allied Sciences for Academic Session 2018-19
Degree Programs Available
- Major Subject Groups, Sub-subjects and ICAR-JRF/SRF(PGS) Doctoral Degree Programs are offered by AUs in 60 sub-subjects under 16 Major Subject Groups, viz.
- Crop Sciences-I, (2) Crop Sciences-II, (3) Crop Sciences-III, (4) Horticulture, (5) Veterinary and Animal Sciences-I, (6) Veterinary and Animal Sciences-II, (7) Veterinary and Animal Sciences-III, (8) Dairy Science, Dairy Technology & Food Technology, (9) Agricultural Engineering and Technology, (10) Community Science (erstwhile Home Science), (11) Fishery Sciences, (12) Natural Resource Management-I, (13) Natural Resource Management-II, (14) Agricultural Economics & Agri-Business Management, (15) Agricultural Extension and (16) Agricultural Statistics
- Based upon compatibility with his/her own subject area at post-graduation level, the candidate should select one Major Subject Group and from the appearing in the Competitive Examination
- *5% reservation in ICAR-JRF/SRF(PGS) for Physically Challenged (PC) category will be horizontal across all the categories, i.e. such candidates would draw JRF/SRF from the GEN/SC/ST category to which they belong
- Indian nationals having passed Master’s Degree Program securing an Overall Grade Point Average(OGPA) of at least 6.50/10.00 scale, 3.25/5.00 scale, 2.60/4.00 scale for General, OBC (NCL)and UPS Categories and 5.50/10.00, 2.75/5.00, 2.20/4.00 scale for SC/ST/Physically Challenged (PC) categories, respectively from any recognized University in India and abroad would be eligible
- In other cases, where grade-points are not awarded and only marks are awarded, the candidate must have secured at least 60% marks for General, OBC (NCL) and UPS category
- For SC/ST/PC candidates, the minimum percentage of marks will be 50%. Where OGPA is awarded, equivalence between OGPA and % marks will not be acceptable
- There will be no rounding-off of the OGPA/percentage of marks of qualifying examination while deciding the basic eligibility of any candidate for admission e.g. if a candidate obtained 49.99% marks in his/her qualifying examination, then it will not be rounded-off to 50%. The candidates must complete the postgraduate degree in all respects and should have all the degree-ompletion requirements on the date of Counseling failing which they will not be considered for admission and the award of fellowship
- The admission and fellowship would be granted only when the candidate seeks admission through counseling conducted by ICAR and pursues PhD degree in an AU, except an ICAR-DU, where 100 % seats will be filled-in through its own separate national level entrance exam
- Further, for seeking admission with ICAR-JRF/SRF(PGS), as well as without fellowship, it would be mandatory for the candidate to pursue PhD degree in an AU other than the one from where he/she has obtained Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, i.e. the candidate should not have obtained more than two degrees (including pursuing of PhD) from the same AU
- The above eligibility conditions will also apply to in-service candidates
- Senior Research Fellowship is a financial assistance given by ICAR for pursuing Ph.D. degree in the field of Agriculture and Allied sciences
- Merely qualifying the examination will not guarantee JRF/SRF. Only those candidates will be eligible for JRF/SRF who come in the merit list and after counseling join the University within stipulated time
- Based upon his/her merit and choice of seat in a particular University, the candidate shall receive a letter of recommendation from ADG(HRD) for admission to Ph.D. degree program, indicating the award of JRF/SRF(PGS), if applicable, at the time of online counseling
- The Council does not issue a separate certificate to the candidates for the award of JRF/SRF(PGS)
- Candidate must fulfill the eligibility conditions as indicated above. The candidates are generally eligible for pursuing Doctoral degree in the subject in which they have passed their postgraduation
- Candidates should note that 4/5(BVSc & AH)/6 (10+6, BSc. Ag.) years’ UG degree and 2 years’ PG degree with thesis work are the essential requirements for admission to doctoral degree programs in the AUs
- Candidates having passed with 3 years’ UG degree program are not eligible for PhD admission through AICE-JRF/SRF(PGS). ICAR will not be responsible for denial of admission by the AUs to candidates without these qualification(s)
- Indian Nationals of at least 20 years of age as on 22nd June 2018 (i.e. the date of examination) are eligible to apply for the examination. No relaxation is admissible regarding the minimum age limit
- The Admit card for AICE SRF PGS 2018 will be uploaded on the official website of ICAR on 14th June 2018
- At the exam venue, candidates need to bring the self-attested copy of admit card along with the Aadhaar card or 28 digits Aadhaar Enrolment ID copy
- In case of candidates from J&K, Assam & Meghalaya, bring a copy of passport/ration card/bank passbook or any other valid Govt. The identity card as applicable, for appearing in the examination
- Candidates who will not bring the above-mentioned documents in the exam centre, will not be allowed to sit for the entrance test
- It is advised to candidates to preserve the admit card till the admission process is not over.
- In case if any candidate faces any difficulty in obtaining the Roll Number/examination venue from the ICAR website, it is advised to contact the Nodal Officer of the respective Exam City center, two days before the scheduled date of examination
- The entrance examination will be of 3 hours duration in which candidates have to complete multiple choice questions of 200 marks. The paper will be divided into two sections:
- This section will be Official Notification on General Knowledge, common to all the major subjects, will comprise 20 MCQs of one mark each carrying a total of 20 marks. It will contain questions on General Knowledge in Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Dairying, Fisheries and Allied Sciences, etc. including current events as may be expected to be known to a research scholar.
- This section will comprise 180 MCQs of one mark each, on a specific Major Subject Group chosen by the candidate, carrying a total of 180 marks.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer
Value & Tenure of Fellowship
- The Fellowship will be awarded to the candidates seeking admission in the listed SAUs, CAU, CU shaving faculty of agriculture or any other approved University/Institute under the ICAR-AU system (except the four ICAR-DUs), where PhD degree program consists of course work with definite credit hours and research work with thesis
- Threats of fellowship will be as under:
- Postgraduate other than in Veterinary Science Rs.15000/- pm (fixed) for 1st& 2nd year Rs.17500/- pm (fixed) for 3rdyear
- Postgraduate in Veterinary Science Rs.17500/- pm (fixed) for 1st & 2nd year Rs.18750/- pm (fixed) for 3rd year
AICE SRF PGS 2018 Result
- The result for AICE SRF PGS 2018 will be published online on the official website of ICAR. The result is likely to be announced in the last week of June 2018
- The overall merit-rank list shall be prepared separately for every Sub-subject under each Major Subject Group as per the information was given by the candidate in the Answer Sheet.
- The candidate will be declared qualified for counselling on the basis of merit rank in the entrance examination and availability of seats.
AICE SRF PGS 2018 Counselling
- The AICE SRF PGS 2018 counselling will be conducted in the online mode online. The selected candidates will have to appear/ participate by registering themselves on the official website of ICAR. The registration fee of Rs. 2000 by Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking
- At the time of counselling, candidates need to produce all the necessary documents, failing which they will not be allowed to appear for counselling
- The Applications Forms for AICE SRF PGS has been released. Candidates can submit their applications from the official website www.icar.org.in of the board or from the direct link given above. candidates are advised to must check their eligibility before applying for the AICE SRF PGS 2018
- Instructions for filling the Application Form
- The AICE SRF GS applications have to submit in online mode only.
- Applications submitted by any other mode will not be accepted.
- The application will be available on the official website of ICAR at icar.org.in.
- While filling the online form, candidate should upload soft copy of a recent, colour photograph with name and date, thumb impression (his left/her right hand) and signature and send its computer-generated hard copy of the confirmation page, after completing declaration in his/her own handwriting, to COE (Agril. Edn.) by post.
- The application fee can be paid through Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net banking
- Candidates should send the print-out of the computer-generated confirmation page of the online application along with the proof of fee payment by Speed/Registered post only
- Application will be received through ONLINE mode only. In no other form, the applications will be entertained
- For details, please refer to Item No. 8.0 of the Information Bulletin
- Application Fee of Rs.400/-for General, OBC (NCL) & UPS and Rs.700/- for SC, ST and PC categories with additional Payment Gateway charges plus GST, as applicable, will be chargeable
- Date and Time of Examination 22nd June 2018 (Friday) 10:00 A.M to 01:00 P.M. (3 hrs)
- Commencement of Online Application Submission 18th May 2018
- Last Date of online Application: 31st May 2018 (Thursday, up to 11.59 P.M.)
- e-Admit card Information (on ICAR websites): 14th June 2018 (Thursday) onwards
- Online Mock Test: 14th June 2018
- Declaration of Result: Last week of June 2018
- Schedule for Online Counseling
- Choice Filling: 01st July to 03rd July 2018
- 1st Counseling Result: 06th July 2018
- 1st Round Reporting 06th to 10th July 2018
- 2nd Counseling Result 12th July 2018
- 2nd Round Reporting 12th July to 16th July 2018
- 3rd Counseling Result: 18th July 2018
- 3rd Round Reporting 18th to 22nd July 2018
ICAR New Delhi
Agricultural Education Division Indian Council of Agricultural Research Krishi Anusandhan Bhavan-II, Pusa, New Delhi-110 012, Websites www.icar.org.in/www.aieea.net, Help Desk No.:7835097766/67/68/69 (9.00 AM-6.00 PM), E-mail: email@example.com