UPSC Civil Services Mains Examination 2019 Notification, Eligibility, Dates
UPSC announces Civil Services Main Examination 2019 - Apply Online for 896 Posts
UPSC Civil Services Mains Examination 2019 - Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the official notification and online application form for Civil Services Mains Examination 2019.
These Civil Services Mains 2019 - 896 Posts are in Across India. Those Candidates who have cleared the UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2019 can apply for UPSC Civil Services Mains Examination.
UPSC Civil Services Mains Examination 2019 Important Dates
- Starting Date to Apply Online: 01st August 2019
- Closing Date to Apply Online: 16th August 2019
Date of Civil Services (Main) Exam:
Forenoon Session 09.00 A.M. to 12.00 Noon
- Paper‐I Essay: 20th September 2019 (Friday)
- Paper‐II General Studies‐I : 21st September 2019 (Saturday)
- Paper‐IV General Studies‐III : 22nd September 2019 (Sunday)
Afternoon Session 02.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M.
- Paper‐I Essay: No. Paper
- Paper‐III General Studies‐II : 21st September 2019 (Saturday)
- Paper‐V General Studies‐IV : 22nd September 2019 (Sunday)
Also See : UPSC Exams
- A competitive Exam - Civil Services Exam to be held by the Union Public Service Commission in 2019 for the purpose of filling vacancies in the following services/posts are, with the concurrence of the Ministries concerned and the Comptroller & Auditor General of India in respect of the Indian Audit and Accounts Service, published for general information
Name of the Posts
- Indian Administrative Service.
- Indian Foreign Service.
- Indian Police Service.
- Indian P&T Accounts and Finance Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs & Central Excise) Group “A”.
- Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax) Group ‘A’.
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’. (Asstt. Works Manager—Administration).
- Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’.
- Post of Assistant Security Commissioner, Group ‘A’ in Railway Protection Force.
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Information Service, Junior Grade Group ‘A’.
- Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’ (Gr. III).
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group ‘A’.
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade).
- Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
- Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group ‘B’.
- Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
- Pondicherry Police, Service, Group ‘B’
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC Civil Service Main Examination 2019
- Candidates should possess a Degree from a recognized University.
- All those candidates who have cleared the UPSC CSE 2019 prelims Exam and declared qualified by the Commission for taking the Civil Services (Main) Exam are eligible. Candidates are required to produce proof of passing the requisite examination with their application for the Main.
- A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on the 01st of August 2019 i.e., he must have been born not earlier than 2nd August 1987 and not later than 01st August 1998
- Necessary action to make corresponding changes in respective Rules/Regulations pertaining to various services is being taken separately.
- Up to a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to SC/ST
- Up to a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to OBC who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates;
- Up to a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from 01st January 1982 to the 31st day of December.
- Up to a maximum of five years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 01st August and have been released.
Number of Attempts:
- Every candidate appearing at the exam, who is otherwise eligible, shall be permitted six attempts at the examination.
- Provided that this restriction on the number of attempts will not apply in the case of SC and ST candidates who are otherwise eligible.
- Qualified candidates of preliminary examination will be called for Mains Exam followed by personal interview for final selection.
UPSC Civil Service Mains Exam Pattern 2019
- The Competitive Exam Comprises two successive stages: (i) Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam (Objective Type) for the selection of candidates for Main Exam and (ii) Civil Service (Main) Exam (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates for the various services and posts.
- The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the candidates who are declared qualified for admission to the Main Examination will not be counted for determining their final order of merit.
Main Exam Contains:
- Paper-I: Essay 250 marks
- Paper-II: General Studies-I, 250 Marks
- Paper-III: General Studies-II, 250 Marks
- Paper-IV: General Studies-III, 250 Marks
- Paper-V: General Studies-IV, 250 Marks
- Paper-VI: Optical Subjects - Paper-1: 250 Marks
- Paper-VII: Optical Subjects - Paper-2: 250 Marks
- Sub-Total (Written Test): 1750 Marks
- Grand Total: 2025 Marks
- UPSC will prepare merit list on the basis of candidates’ performance & high marks aggregate scored in Mains & interview
Exam Centres (Tentative)
- Agartala, Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Aligarh, Allahabad, Aurangabad, Bangalore, Bareilly, Bhopal, Agartala, Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Aligarh, Allahabad, Aurangabad, Bangalore, Bareilly, Bhopal, Imphal, Itanagar, Jaipur, Jammu, Jodhpur, Jorhat, Kochi, Kohima, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji (Goa), Patna, Puducherry, Port Blair, Raipur, Ranchi, Sambalpur, Shillong, Shimla, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati, Udaipur and Visakhapatnam.
- Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST/PH Candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay fee of Rs.100/- either by remitting the money in any Branch of SBI by Cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India/State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Patiala /State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.
- Applicants who opt for "Pay by Cash" mode should print the system generated Pay-in-slip during part II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only. "Pay by Cash” mode will be deactivated at 23.59 hours of 16th August 2019 i.e. one day before the closing date.
- However, applicants who have generated their Pay-in-Slip before it is deactivated may pay
UPSC Civil Service Main Examination 2019 Application Process
- Eligible candidates may apply online at UPSC's website (https://upsconline.nic.in) from 01st August 2019 to 16th August 2019
- Candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to examination. Aspirants can check the details on the official website www.upsc.gov.in.
- Candidates are required to apply Online by visiting the website www.upsconline.nic.in
- Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the above-mentioned website. Brief Instructions for filling up the "Online Application Form" given in Appendix-II.
- Online Applications can be filled up to 16th August 2019 till 06.00 PM.
- The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate 3-weeks before the commencement of the exam; the e-Admission Certificate will be made available in the UPSC website for downloading by candidates.
- No Admission Certificate will be sent by post.