West Bengal Post-Matric Scholarship 2018 for SC/ST/OBC students
Government of India Post Matric Scholarship for West Bengal Students 2018 - Eligibility, Scholarship Amount, Application and Dates
Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India has released an official notification, calling out for domiciles of West Bengal to apply for the Government Scholarship. It is a Post-Matric Scholarship for SC/ST/OBC students for West Bengal under Backward Classes Welfare Dept.
The initiative aims at helping students complete their school education without a hiatus due to financial difficulties. Scholarship amount varies from student to student
Also See : Scholarships 2018
In order to be eligible to avail this scholarship, a candidate must:
- Be a citizen of West Bengal
- Be a student of Class 11/12/Graduate/Post Graduate
- Belong to family whose income is not more than INR 200000 to INR 250000 p.a. for SC/ST and INR 100000 p.a. for OBC
For OBC Students:
- Medical/Engineering/B.Sc. (Agri.)/ M. Phil/PDD/LL M etc INR 750 for Hosteller and 350 for Day; B.Pharm/ B. Nursing /LLB/Hotel Management/Post Graduate INR 510 for Hosteller and 335 for Day
- General courses up to graduate Level INR 400 for Hosteller and 210 for Day
- Classes XI & XII in 10+2 System Intermediate Courses/ITI/Polytechnic Courses INR 260 for Hosteller and 160 for Day
For SC/ST Students:
- Medical/Engineering/B.Sc. (Agri.)/ M. Phil/PhD/LLM etc INR 1200 for Hosteller and 550 for Day; B. Pharm/ B. Nursing /LLB/Hotel Management/Post Graduate INR 820 for Hosteller and 530 for Day
- General Courses up to graduate Level INR 750 for Hosteller and 300 for Day or;
- Classes XI & XII in 10+2 System Intermediate Courses/ITI/Polytechnic Courses INR 750 for Hosteller & 230 for Day
In order to apply for the West Bengal student scholarship, follow the steps given here
- Log on to the official website of West Bengal Government. Click on the student’s registration option on the homepage. Select your city in West Bengal
- The application form will be displayed on the screen
- Enter the required detail attach the requisite documents for proof. Click to submit Complete the registration process
Last Date to apply for the Scholarship is 31st October 2018
For any query, candidates are requested to check the official website .
Click here or more Scholarships.