ThinkSwiss Research Scholarships 2019 in Switzerland for Postgraduate and Undergraduate Students
ThinkSwiss Research Scholarships 2019 – ThinkSwiss Research Scholarship program Asia-Pacific is funded by the swissnex Network, part of State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI) and is supported by swissnex India and the Embassies of Switzerland in Singapore and in Australia.
The aim of the program is to promote research opportunities in Switzerland for Indian, Australian and Singapore students and to foster the exchange between Swiss and Asia-Pacific universities & institutions.
Also See : Scholarships
Eligibility Criteria for ThinkSwiss Research Scholarships 2019
- Currently be enrolled at an accredited Indian, Australian or Singapore university/ institute
- Be a master student or an undergraduate student who will have completed the 2nd year by the time the research stay in Switzerland begins
- Provide a written confirmation from a professor at a Swiss university that he/ she will accept you for a research stay in his/ her group
- The ThinkSwiss Research Scholarship provides a prorated amount according to the length of your stay: a monthly scholarship of CHF 1,600 (approx. USD 1,600) for a period of two to three months (CHF 4,800 maximum)
- Please note that this amount covers only a portion of the average students living expenses and that you will be asked to prove sufficient financial means to the Swiss Cantonal authorities before a visa can be issued
- The applicant is free to schedule research anytime between May 1, 2019 and December 1, 2019, with a starting date of your research internship no later than December 1, 2019.
ThinkSwiss Research Scholarships 2019 Application Form
- The application and all supporting documents must be uploaded on online application form in PDF format to by December 15, 2018. In order to be considered for this scholarship, each application must contain:
- A cover letter outlining your research project (e.g. an overview of the tasks and milestones of your project that you agreed on with your host professor) and explaining why you should be awarded the ThinkSwiss Research Scholarship and why you would make an excellent “student ambassador” in the future.
- A CV (no more than two pages).
- A copy of your current university transcripts (we accept photocopies of official transcripts issued to the student).
- A letter of acceptance from the professor and/or hosting institution in Switzerland.
- A letter of recommendation from a current professor who can attest to the applicant’s abilities.
For further details on the same, https://www.swissnexindia.org
ThinkSwiss Research Scholarships 2019 Dates
- The applicant is free to schedule research anytime between May 01st, 2019 and December 01st, 2019, with a starting date of your research internship no later than December 01st, 2019.