Home >> Scholarships 2019 >>
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship (Merit cum Means), form, dates
SVMCM Swami Vivekananda Merit cum Means Scholarship
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship – The SVMCM portal invites Online Renewal Applications for the Fresh Candidates who received SVMCM Scholarship after passing the qualifying exam in the year 2018. Swami Vivekananda Scholarship was started by the Government of West Bengal for assisting the meritorious students belonging to economically backward families in the State of West Bengal to pursue higher studies. Through the Vivekananda Means and Merit Scholarship, the Government is giving scholarships at different levels of higher studies, at educational institutions based in West Bengal. In 2016, The Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship Scheme was revamped to cover more number of students as well as to enhance the scholarship amounts significantly.
SWAMI VIVEKANANDA SCHOLARSHIP 2018
- Applications are invited for Vivekananda scholarships 2018, under “SWAMI VIVEKANANDA MERIT-CUM-MEANS SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME” . This scholarship was initiated for providing financial assistance to the poor and meritorious students of West Bengal, pursuing higher studies.
ALLOCATION AND RATE OF SCHOLARSHIP
The basic allocation and rates will be as under:
|LEVEL||COURSE||RATE PER MONTH (RS.)|
|UG (OTHER PROFESSIONAL COURSES, UGC APPROVED)||1500/-|
|PG (OTHER PROFESSIONAL COURSES, UGC APPROVED)||2500/-|
|NON NET M.PHIL./NON NET PH.D.||5000/- / 8000/-|
|DTE||UG (ENGG.), PG (ENGG.) AND OTHER PROFESSIONAL COURSES (AICTE APPROVED)||5000/-|
|DME||UG (MEDICAL-DEGREE) AND DIPLOMA COURSES||5000/- AND 1500/- RESPECTIVELY|
Also See : Scholarships 2019
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2018 Dates
- Fresh Application 2018 – Opening Date: 10th September 2018 & Closing Date: 30th November 2018
- Renewal (including K3 Renewal) Application 2018: Opening Date: 10th September 2018
- Fresh Kanyashree (K3) Application 2018: 10th September 2018 & 30th November 2018
Eligibility Criteria for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2018
- The scheme benefits students of Class – XI and XII, and at under Graduate level in Engineering, Medical and Technical / Professional courses besides Under Graduate, Post Graduate level students pursuing General Degree courses.
- These scholarships will be sanctioned to deserving students on merit-cum-means criteria.
- Students pursuing M.Phil courses and Doctoral courses (NON-NET JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOW and NET-LECTURERSHIP) from State-aided Institutions will come under the purview of this Scholarship Scheme.
- The upper ceiling for family income has been fixed at Rs.2,50,000/- per annum
- However, one time grants or assistances received from any source, or free or partly-free studentship allowed by the host institutions will not debar the students from availing of the benefits of this scheme.
Means Judging Criteria:
- The total family income for the prospective scholars will be not more than Rs. 2,50,000/- per annum.
- While applying, all students will be required to enclose an Affidavit written on a Non-judicial Stamp Paper valued Rs.10/- or moreand sworn by his/her parent/guardian before a Notary Public or a first-class magistrate, declaring their total family income from all sources (giving the detailed break-up) during the preceding financial year (i.e. from the 1st of April of the previous year to the 31st of March of the year of applying for the scholarship).
Merit Judging Criteria
- Candidates whose family income is not more than Rs. 2,50,000/- per annum will be judged according to their academic merit in the under noted manner.
For HS Level
- The minimum qualifying marks for being considered for award of scholarships will be 75% in aggregate, in Madhyamik Pariksha, and the total marks obtained in the Madhyamik Parkishaexcluding pass marks in the additional subject, if any, will be the sole criterion for consideration
For Diploma Level
- Students who are enrolled after passing out in Secondary (M.P) exam or its equivalent as stated above in 2016 for first year Diploma (Polytechnic) course[ H.S. Exam or its equivalent for Diploma in Pharmacy or Modern Office Practice and Management of two years duration] and after passing out in “West Bengal State Council of Vocational Education and Training “ courses, which is equivalent to H.S Exam for 2nd year Diploma(Polytechnic) courses on lateral entry basis, will be eligible to apply
- Candidates must obtain at least 75% marks in aggregate in the qualifying exam for applying the scholarship [excluding the marks secured in the optional elective subject, if any].
For UG Level
- The minimum qualifying marks for being considered for award of Swami Vivekananda Scholarship will be 75% in aggregate, in the H.S. Exam conducted by the W.B. Council of H.S. Education/MadrashaSikshaParishad. For the UG (Arts), UG (Commerce), UG (Science) separate merit lists will be prepared.
For PG Level
- Candidates should be graduates securing at least 53% marks in the Honours subject at the graduation level. The marks obtained in Honours subject will be the only deciding criterion academically for award of the PG-level scholarships.
Application Procedure for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2018
- Different categories of applicants shall have to submit their applications to the respective hyperlink in the home page of www.svmcm.rry-bhed.gov.in as mentioned hereunder, in online mode https://svmcm.wbhed.gov.in/
- Steps to be followed to apply online
- Online Registration: At first applicants need to fill up and submit the online registration form. On successful submission of the Registration Form, an Applicant ID of 15 characters will be generated and it will be used to login and complete the remaining Steps of the Application Form. The Applicant Id also required for all future correspondences. Please maintain the Password Policy, for choosing the Password in the Registration Form, as instructed. Please download the Registration Slip or note down the system generated Applicant ID for future use. The Applicant ID will also be sent to the mail id, entered at the time of registration.
- Applicants, willing to apply for K3 are required to fill up the authentication form to verify their existence in Kanyashree (K2) with the input fields Kanyashee(K2) Year of Application, Kanyashree ID, Applicant’s Name, Applicant’s Date of Birth, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name. On successful completion of K2 authentication applicants will be forwarded to registration form. The rest of the process is same as fresh application procedure.
- For Renewal of existing beneficiaries, Online registration is not needed, rather they can login with their previous Applicant ID and Password to apply for renewal.
- Note: Eligibility criteria for application in Swami Vivekananda Merit cum Means Scholarship 2018 are mentioned in detail advertisement, available under Downloads menu.
- If Applicants forget their Applicant ID or Password, they can retrieve the same using Forgot Applicant ID/Password option from Applicant Login option.
- Online Application: Login with the generated Applicant ID, Password (which was set during Registration Process) and Captcha (Security Code). After successful login, fill up rest of the application forms. While uploading Scanned Copy of Image and Signature, please maintain File Format and File Size as mentioned. Image and Signature format should be JPG/JPEG and size should be in between 20KB-50KB and 10KB-20KB respectively.
- Upload Documents: After successful submission of application forms, Scanned Supporting Document Upload form will be appeared. Upload all necessary documents as mentioned in the form. While uploading, please maintain the File format and File size, as mentioned. Files should be in PDF format and size should not exceed 400KB.
Documents to be uploaded for Fresh and Kanyashree Application:
- Mark sheet of Madhyamik Examination or its equivalent (Both sides)
- Mark sheet of last Board/Council/University/College examination (Both sides)
- Income certificate of family (Not Applicable for Kanyashree)
- Domicile certificate as Aadhaar ID/Voter ID/Ration card/Certificate Issued by concerned authority
- Scanned copy of Bank Passbook (1st Page, containing A/C No. and IFSC)
Documents to be uploaded for Renewal Application:
- Copy of the Marksheet of the last examination in the present course of study. (Both sides and in case of semester examination system, year wise semester Marksheets).
- Admission receipt for the promotion to the next higher class
- Format for Income Certificate is available under Downloads option in the Top menu in all pages.
- After successful upload, Finalize the application.
- Final Submission: After finalizing the application, download the Verification Certificate which contains two pages. First page is the Applicant Copy and second page is the HOI (Head of the Institution) Copy.
- After verification and signed by HOI, applicant will scan the Applicant Copy and upload the same in the application portal to complete the application process. HOI will retain the HOI Copy.
Contace Information of Various Agencies involved are listed here