Home >> Scholarships 2019 >>
Sir Ratan Tata Postdoctoral Fellowship 2019 | London School of Economics
Sir Ratan Tata Postdoctoral Fellowship 2019 Notification
Sir Ratan Tata Post-doctoral Fellowship 2019 – The Sir Ratan Tata Foundation and the London School of Economics & Political Science (LSE) invites applications for the Sir Ratan Tata Post-doctoral Fellowship 2019-20.
See: Scholarships 2019
AboutSir Ratan Tata Post-doctoral Fellowship
- The Sir Ratan Tata Post-doctoral Fellowship wasestablished in 1997 at the London School of Economics & Political Science(LSE) in partnership with the Sir Ratan Tata Trust. The Sir Ratan Tata Post-doctoralFellowship is for a period of six months during each academic year, based atthe LSE India Observatory.
- The Fellow is expected to engage in socialscience research broadly on the Economy and Society in India and South Asiawith a particular focus on any of the following themes, such that it isintegrated with the ongoing research of the India Observatory:
- Sustainable growth and inclusion
- Climate change and environmentalsustainability
- Social and human security
- Governance and democracy
- The Fellow is expected to finish a researchpaper of publishable quality during their stay and make a presentation at aseminar arranged by the India Observatory. The selected candidate should havesecured all data and any material required for the research prior to theirvisit to LSE.
- The Fellow will receive a monthly subsistenceallowance of up to £1,750 a month, and will also be provided with shared workspace and access to research facilities at the School. Assistance will also beprovided towards the cost of travel and related expenses. No additional grantis available for fieldwork or any other costs.
Eligibility Criteria for SirRatan Tata Post-doctoral Fellowship 2019
- Applicants should have been awardedtheir PhD – the fellowship is not intended for students registered for a degreeor diploma, nor is it intended for senior academics.
- Applicants should be early careerresearchers working on social science with a focus on South Asia. Applicantsshould be employed with established institutions in the SAARC region whichincludes Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan andSri Lanka.
- The Fellowship is open to candidatesresiding in South Asia, that is, the SAARC region.
Sir Ratan Tata Post-doctoralFellowship 2019 Application Process
- Applications should be addressed to: TheFellowships Selection Committee, India Observatory, London School of Economics& Political Science, Houghton Street, London WC2A 2AE, UK, and submitted byemail as a Word or PDF document to India.Observatory@lse.ac.uk.
- cover letter of no more than onepage;
- curriculum vitae of no more thanthree pages;
- outline of proposed research(including detailed methodology and timeline) of no more than three pages;
- The names and addresses of tworeferees, familiar with their research, to be contacted by the Committee.
Sir Ratan Tata Post-doctoralFellowship 2019 Important Dates
- Last date of receipt of application29th April 2019
- The successful candidate will beinformed by the end of July 2019
For any query, candidates are requested to checkthe official website: http://sticerd.lse.ac.uk
India Observatory, London School of Economicsand Political Science, Houghton Street, London WC2A 2AE (United Kingdom),Telephone: +44 (0)20 7955 7615, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Websitehttps://sticerd.lse.ac.uk