> Scholarship 2018-19
> Pre Matric Scholarships for Students from Minority Communities 2018
Pre Matric Scholarships for Students from Minority Communities 2018
Scheme of ‘Pre-Matric Scholarship’ for Students Belonging to the Minority Communities 2018
Pre-matric Scholarship for Students from Minority Communities 2018 – Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India is the authority offering Pre Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities 2018-19. It is meant for the students studying in Class 1st to 10th and belongs to the minority community.
- The objective of this scholarship scheme is empowerment through education. Also, it has the motive to financially help and support the students of the minority community in completing school education.
- The scholarship will be awarded for studies in India in a government or private school from class I to class X, including such residential Govt. institutes and eligible private institutes selected and notified in a transparent manner by the State Govt. & Union Territory Administration concerned
Also See : Scholarships 2018
Pre-matric Scholarship Dates 2018
- Application Form of Pre Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities 2018-19 has been released
- Last Date for Online Registration for Scholarship is 15th October 2018
Pre Matric Scholarship Amount
- Actual financial assistance will be provided for admission/tuition fee and maintenance allowance as given below subject to a maximum ceiling indicated against item concerned:
- Students of class 6th to class 10th will get INR 500/- per annum as admission fee (both hostellers and day scholars).
- Tuition fee of INR 350/- per month will be given to the students of class 6th to class 10th (both day scholars and hostellers).
- Class 1st to class 5th day scholar students will get a maintenance allowance of INR 100/- per month.
- Class 6th to class 10th hosteller students will get a maintenance allowance of INR 600/- per month while day scholars will get INR 100/- per month.
- The scholarships will be provided for the entire course. Maintenance allowance will be given for 10 months only in an academic year.
Eligibility Criteria for Pre-matric Scholarship for Minority Communities 2018
- Students studying in Class 1st to 10th can apply for this scholarship.
- Applicants must belong to minority community (Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jains and Zoroastrians/Parsis).
- In order to apply, it is necessary for the students to secure not less than 50 % marks in the previous final examination.
- Annual income of the applicant parent’s/guardian must not exceed INR 1 lac
Earmarking for Girl Students
- 30% of scholarship will be earmarked for girl students. In case sufficient numbers of eligible girl students are not available, then the balance earmarked scholarships may be awarded to eligible boy students.
- As the number of scholarships for minorities available in a year is fixed and limited it is necessary to lay down preference for selection.
- Inter-se selection weightage is to be given to poverty rather than marks. In case of the renewal applications, such applications would be fully exhausted before the new applications are considered.
Pre-matric Scholarship 2018 Application Form
- Eligible students can apply online on the website www.scholarships.gov.in. Students will forward their applications online to the instructions and will also take a print-out. This printout along with all requisite documents (as prescribed in the printout) will be submitted to the concerned institutions.
- Students will get a temporary ID, which he/she will retain/keep with him/her for any further correspondence etc. It is mandatory for student of classes I to X to apply for the Pre-Matric scholarship online.
- The institution will scrutinize and forward all these applications online by the same
- Eligible candidates under this scheme will send their applications along with the requisite document by post by hand at Director-General, Social Justice and Empowerment, Department Haryana, SCO No.68-70, Sector-17/A, Chandigarh.
List of Required Documents
- Aadhar card
- Bank Details (account number and IFSC code)
- Income certificate
- For more details, please visit www.minorityaffairs.gov.in or www.scholarships.gov.in