Schaeffler India Hope Engineering Scholarship 2019-20
Schaeffler India Hope Engineering Scholarship 2019-20 – The scholarship program – Schaeffler India Hope Engineering Scholarship 2019-20. The Schaeffler India Hope Engineering Scholarship 2019-20 is with our CSR initiative with Buddy4Study India Foundation, as our implementation partner. The initiative is aimed at helping promising youth especially young women to make a career in the fields of science and engineering.
To better encourage underprivileged youth to enter and excel at these fields, Schaeffler India would like to provide Scholarships to 30 meritorious engineering students for the year 2019-2020 from economically disadvantaged families who aspire to become Engineers. Special preference is reserved for female candidates.
See: Scholarships in India 2019
The Schaeffler Approach
- Schaeffler India Limited, is a part of the global automotive and industrial supplier, Schaeffler Group. Headquartered in Germany, with around 92,500 employees, Schaeffler is one of the world’s largest family companies and with approximately 170 locations in over 50 countries. With more than 2400 patent registrations in 2018, Schaeffler is Germany’s second most innovative company according to the DPMA (German Patent & Trademark Office).
- The Scholarship grant shall be offered to brilliant students on a yearly basis to fulfil their educational needs. Scholarship support of INR 75000 per year is granted to selected scholars in equal annual instalments till the time they graduate successfully from college
- INR 75,000 per year for complete duration of engineering program
- Students who wish to apply for this scholarship must adhere to the following eligibility guidelines:
- Students who have scored more than 60% marks in their class 12 board (science) in 2018-19
- Students from Gujarat, Maharashtra or Tamil Nadu are eligible to participate.
- Students aspiring to study Engineering Courses with state/UGC recognized colleges in India only.
- Students whose family income (from all sources) is not more than INR 500,000 p.a.
- Children of employees of Schaeffler India or Buddy4Study are not eligible.
- For Schaeffler India Hope Engineering Scholarship 2019-20 selection process, all the applications received are vetted as per the eligibility criteria. Those candidates whose applications are selected go through an interview session along with their parents in which it is determined whether they are eligible for the Scholarship or not.
- First the applicants are shortlisted for interview based on their application form (according to the student’s proximity to the place).
- The candidate will have to bear the cost of travelling on their own if the case may be.
- A jury of eminent members will conduct the interview and counsel the candidate.
- On the basis of candidates’ performance in the interview and fulfilling of eligibility criteria, final recipient of the Scholarship is announced.
- Eligible students may follow these steps to apply for this scholarship:
- Click on ‘Apply Now’ button from above
- Login to Buddy4Study using registered ID to view the ‘Application form’
- If not registered on Buddy4Study – Sign up at Buddy4Study with Email/Facebook/Gmail account
- Fill academic and personal details in the application form
- Submit 3 short essay answers
- Click on ‘Submit’
- Applications Open 23rd August 2019
- Application Deadline: 30th September 2019
- Shortlisting (for telephonic interviews): 15th October 2019
- 2nd Week of November: Face-to-Face interview round
- Final Result announcement: 18th November 2019
See: National Scholarship 2019