RD Sethna Scholarship 2018 for Studies in India and Abroad
R D Sethna Loan Scholarship 2018 – RD Sethna Scholarship Fund, Mumbai, invites applications from class 12 passed students and above who are willing to Undertake Technical, Scientific, Commercial or Industrial Studies in India and overseas.
The scholarship aims at assisting outstanding and deserving students of all communities thereby broadening their academic interests and in turn benefits the nation.
Also See : Scholarships 2019
- The RD Sethna Scholarship Fund grants only loan scholarships to students who are citizens of India, regardless of community, caste or creed
- Loan scholarships are granted to enable students to undertake scientific, technical, industrial or commercial studies in India and overseas on the condition that they are repayable with interest in terms of the agreement and other documents required be entering into and executing by applicants and their male guarantors.
Offering this Scholarship
- The scholarship is being offered by R. D. Sethna Scholarship Fund in memory of Mr. R D Sethna, Indian Philanthropist.
- An applicant must have passed at least class 10 or other equivalent examination
- Only those applicants who have passed at least the Secondary School Certificate Exam or other equivalent examination and who have secured not less than 50% of the total marks in the last examination given by them prior to the making of the applications are eligible to apply for a loan scholarship
- The selected students will receive a loan scholarship of INR 10,000 or more to undertake studies in India or abroad
- Once the application gets selected, the loan scholarships will be paid to the student in installments depending on the trustees by looking at the condition of each individual
- Academic record of the Student;
- Financial Status of the Parents
Final Selection of Student for RD Senthna Scholarship
- Only successful applicants would be further informed, and no intimation will be provided to rejected applicants in granting loan scholarships
- The loan scholarships have to be availed with 6 weeks from the date they are stated to be required, if the applicant or his guarantor somehow fails to show up or could not complete the required formalities within 4 weeks then the loan shall be cancelled without any prior notice
- All Applications should be made on the prescribed Form, which can be obtained on request from the Trust office
- No Forms will be sent to intending applicants by post, unless the request is accompanied by payment of Rs.50/- either by a Postal Order or by demand draft in favour of RD Sethna scholarship fund
- Applicants must also send a self-addressed Rs.10/- stamped envelope of size: 23 cm x 10 cm. Applicants must indicate whether the Form is required for studies in India or overseas
- Applicants must submit letters of recommendation from 2 recommenders who are permanent residents in Mumbai he application form must be legibly filled in and must be accompanied by the following documents
- Copies of mark sheets and certificates from class 10 to last qualifying exam Copy of letter of admission Copy of income tax assessment order or salary certificate of student’s parents and the person proposed as guarantor. Letters of recommendations/copies of testimonials
- A passport size photograph of the applicant attested by S.E.M. or Gazetted Officer of Head of the Institution
- Proof of recognition granted to college or institute by the Govt. of India (applicable for students proposing to study in India)
- Application Deadline for Overseas Studies: 31st May 2018
- Application Deadline for Local Studies: 31st August 2018
For more details, please visit https://rdsethnascholarships.org/default.htm