Mudra Institute of Communications (MIC), Ahmedabad announces Fellow Programme in Management Communications (FPM-C) 2020
MICA FPM-C Admission 2020 – Mudra Institute of Communications (MIC), Ahmedabad invites applications for admission to Fellow Programme in Management – Communications (FPM-C) for the academic year 2020-24.
About Fellow Programme
- The Fellow Programme at MICA is the first Programme of its kind in the country. It is an AICTE approved doctoral level interdisciplinary programme. Through this programme, MICA aims to encourage both fundamental and applied research in the communication and marketing domain.
- The FPM aims to achieve the following interrelated goals:
- To produce scholars who can impart and advance knowledge in the areas of communication and marketing and contribute to the larger community.
- To increase the talent pool of researchers and academicians in the areas of communication and marketing.
- FPM Communication is an AICTE approved doctoral level interdisciplinary program. MICA offers FPM C program in four different streams given below:
- Communication and Culture
- Communication and Marketing
- Communication and Media including New Media
- Communication and Social Development
See: MBA Admission
Eligibility Criteria for MICA FPM-C Admission 2020
- Applicants must have a Post Graduate/Master’s Degree/equivalent qualification with at least 55% marks or equivalent grade in the field of Management/Communications/Humanities/ or Social Science. Exposure and understanding of Marketing, Media, Public Relations, Advertising and/or Journalism shall be an added advantage.
- The candidate should have also completed a three-year Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification after completing higher secondary (10+2) or equivalent. The Bachelor’s degree can be from any discipline(Engineering/ Science/ Social Studies/ Arts/ Commerce/ Communication/ Management/ or Media). OR
- At least 55% marks or equivalent grade in Five year Integrated Masters Degree programme from any discipline of Management/Communications/Humanities or Social Sciences. Exposure and understanding of Marketing, Media, Public Relations, Advertising and/or Journalism shall be an added advantage.
- The qualifications described above must be recognised by AICTE/Universities/Deemed Universities.
- Foreign nationals and NRIs with non-Indian degrees that are considered equivalent (by UGC/AICTE) to the qualifications listed above are also eligible to apply for the programme.
- Stage 1: Telephone interviews for eligible candidates.
- Stage 2: Shortlisted candidates appear for MICA’s FPM Admission Test. FPM Admission Test is a three-day process organised at MICA campus comprising of Written Test (WT), Individual Presentation (IP) and Personal Interview (PI). Candidates appearing for admission test will be provided lodging and boarding on MICA campus.
Day 1: Written Test (WT)
- Written Test will examine candidate’s (communication) theoretical understanding, ability to investigate a communication phenomenon and ability to interpret data and draw conclusions.
- WT will be descriptive in nature and is based on prescribed readings. Candidates shortlisted after telephonic interviews will be sent prescribed readings via email. They are required to read them critically. Candidates may bring copies of the readings to the WT as this is an open-book exam.
Day 2/3: Individual Presentation (IP)
- The candidate will be presenting the topic based on the submitted research proposal. S/he will be given 15 minutes to present to a panel of experts. Candidates will be required to make PowerPoint (PPT) presentations.
Personal Interview (PI)
- Personal Interview will follow the IP where a panel of experts will assess candidate’s personality and passion for research.
MICA FPM-C Admission 2020 Application Process
- To apply for the exam, candidates need to fill-up the registration form and pay the test fees online (www.mica.ac.in)
- This application form is an integral part of the admission process. Please provide correct information.
- Admission granted on the basis of incorrect information will be ipso facto null and void.
- In all matters regarding admission to the programme, the decision of the institute will be final and binding. No correspondence from the applicant with respect to his/her non-selection will be entertained.
- The institute reserves the right to re-schedule or change/cancel venue for the admission test.
- The application fee Rs. 2500/- should be deposited through online at the payment gateway.
- Two letters of recommendation in the prescribed format are required to be uploaded at the link provided in the online application. Download Blank forms for recommendation letters.
- Ensure that you respond to all items in the application form (use N. A. for items which do not applicable to you).
- Please upload your Statement of Purpose (SOP) typewritten in a word document to the link provided in the online application. Address each of the following points, using the essay form in a maximum of two pages.
- The application fee demand draft, sealed letters of recommendation, copies of certificates and other supporting documents should reach the following address latest by 15th March 2020
MICA FPM-C Admission 2020 Important Dates
- Last date for applying online: 15th March 2020
- Last date for receiving application fee, recommendation letters and copies of certificates: 15th March 2020
- Telephonic screening interviews: 23th/24th March 2020
- Admission Test on campus: 6th, 7th, 8th, April 2020
- Declaration of result: 13th April 2020
- Admissions close: 30th April 2020
- Session begins: 1st July 2020
Mudra Institute of Communications (MIC), Ahmedabad, Shela, Ahmedabad 380058, Gujarat, INDIA Phone No.: +912717308250, 02717-308313/308250/909912739, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Website www.mica.ac.in