Legislative Assistants to Members of Parliament Fellowship 2019-20
LAMP Fellowship 2019 – The PRS Legislative Research, India has invited applications for filling up the LAMP Fellowship Scholarship Programme for the academic session 2019-20. The last date to apply for the programme is January 27, 2019
Also see :Scholarship 2019
Legislative Assistants to Members of Parliament (LAMP) Fellowship
- The Legislative Assistants to Members of Parliament (LAMP) Fellowship is a unique and an exciting opportunity for young Indians to learn law-making and public policy. LAMP fellows are mentored by a Member of Parliament (MP) and work full-time with the assigned MP during a given year, starting from the Monsoon session of Parliament till the end of the Budget session.
- The primary role of a LAMP Fellow is to provide extensive research support to her/his MP for their parliamentary work. This includes drafting parliamentary questions for the MP, preparing the MP’s speeches for zero-hour debates, raising matters of public importance, drafting private members’ bills etc
Duration of the Fellowship
- The Fellowship starts from the middle of June every year and concludes in the following April – May (subject to the Parliamentary calendar)
- The LAMP Fellows will receive a stipend of Rs 17000 per month, with an additional amount of Rs 3000 per month to cover any expenses incurred (such as local conveyance, telephone calls, internet charges etc)
Eligibility Criteria for LAMP Fellowship 2019
- PRS seeks to engage with highly-motivated, bright young people for the LAMP Fellowship
- Candidate must be below 25 years of age, i.e. born on or after June 1, 1993
- Candidate must have at least a Bachelor’s degree in any academic discipline
- Only Indian citizens are eligible for the LAMP Fellowship
- The LAMP Fellowship involves a highly competitive selection process to enable brilliant, motivated young individuals across the country to be part of the Fellowship. Only Indian citizens are eligible for the LAMP Fellowship
- Applications to the Fellowship are invited through an online application portal only
- The online application form requires details of the candidate’s academic background, relevant work experience and references. In addition, candidates are required to submit a statement of intent on what motivates them to be a LAMP Fellow and a short essay on a policy or legislative issue
- The application process is followed by an interview of shortlisted candidates. Interview will be either in person or telephonic. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to furnish references. Note than any attempt to influence the selection process could lead to the disqualification of the candidate.
LAMP Fellowship 2019 Application Process
- The eligible candidates should apply through the website: https://www.prsindia.org/lamp/how-apply
- The application must be submitted no later than 11:45 PM IST on Sunday, January 27, 2019.
LAMP Fellowship 2019 Important Date
- Application Deadline: 27th January 2019
For more information visit the official website: https://www.prsindia.org/lamp