Home >> Scholarships 2019 >>
Inspire Fellowship 2018 for PhD, Application, Eligibility, Last date
DST announces Inspire Fellowship 2018 for Doctoral Program in Science & Technology
Inspire Fellowship 2018 for PhD – Department of Science & Technology (DST) under Ministry of Science and Technology announces Inspire Fellowship 2018 for Pursuing Doctoral Program (PhD) in Science & Technology. Indians students are eligible to apply for this fellowship program.
About INSPIRE Fellowship
- Innovation in Scientific Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE), a Scheme of the Government of India, offers standing opportunity for pursuing Doctoral Research at any recognized University or Institute in India through Fellowships at the level same as National Eligibility Test (NET) qualified candidates.
- INSPIRE Fellowship Scheme of INSPIRE Program is focused on attraction of student to pursue doctoral degree in basic and applied sciences including engineering, medicine, agriculture, veterinary, pharmacy etc. after either masters’ degree in Science/Applied Science/ Engineering or bachelor/ masters’ degree in Medicine.
- Now the Fellowship shall be offered only on the basis of availability of fellowships in the current year
Also See: Scholarship 2018
Amount, Number & Duration of Fellowship
- It offers financial support in the form of a Fellowship as per GoI norms fellowship (Junior Research Fellowship/Senior Research Fellowship) and research grant to the candidate.
- There is a provision of 1000 INSPIRE Fellowships to be offered/given every year to eligible students and each Fellowship is tenable for a maximum period of five years or completion of their PhD degree, whichever is earlier.
- This Fellowship shall not be available to pursue M.Sc. or M. Phil. or M. Tech. course while pursing Integrated M.Sc.-PhD/ M. Phil.-Ph.D./ M. Tech.-Ph.D. courses. However, continuation of the Fellowship for once selected candidates is based on satisfactory performance certified by the institution as per stipulated GOI guidelines for such Fellowship.
Inspire Fellowship 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- INSPIRE Scholar having secured minimum 70% marks (or CGPA equivalent) in aggregate at M.Sc. or Integrated M.S. / M.Sc.
- 1st Rank Holder at University level examination in each Post-Graduate (PG) level examinations in Basic/ Applied Sciences including Engineering, Medicine, Pharmacy, Agricultural sciences and Veterinary Sciences from any recognized University and academic Institutions (Excluding Autonomous Colleges) in India.
- 1st Rank Holders at the Graduate/Post-graduate Level Exam in Medicine only conducted by a University/ Institution in India are also eligible to apply. 1st Rank should be of obtained in minimum batch size of 10 students in that university level exam with minimum aggregate of 70% marks (or CGPA equivalent) of the entire course/ program
- Candidates who are only Indian Citizen and have acquired their eligibility for INSPIRE Fellowship during the Last year (2017) or Current year (2018) are eligible.
Inspire Fellowship 2018 Selection Procedure
- Selection among the eligible applicants is done in two stages i.e. Level I and Level II.
- Applicants who have already admitted in to Ph.D. Program in S&T prior to submitting application and selected at both Level I & Level II, will be awarded with Final Offer of the INSPIRE Fellowship
- Applicants who have not admitted in to Ph.D. Program in S&T prior to submitting application and selected only in Level I, will be awarded with the Provisional Offer of INSPIRE Fellowship
- The Provisional Offer is made on the basis of scrutiny of application along with required documents (Level I) submitted by the applicant. However, the Final Offer is made on the basis of evaluation of the application in Level II on
- Academic merit
- Host Institution including Research Supervisor and
- the detailed Research Proposal by the Expert Panel
- In this Evaluation Process applicants needs to secure a minimum qualifying score/cut off as recommended by the Expert Panel and approved by the competent authority[For example, minimum cut-off marks were 60 out of 100 to finally offer INSPIRE Fellowship in previous cases]
- The cut-off marks may vary on competitive framework of selection process. Also it is important to note that Provisional offer does not guarantee the award of INSPIRE Fellowship.
Inspire Fellowship 2018 Application Form
- Students need to apply through Online mode only
- To apply Online, please visit the website: http://www.onlineinspiregov.in and follow the process as prescribed therein
- The Online application submissions will be commenced from 10th September 2018 and will be available up to 10th October 2018. No Print out of Application copy needs to be sent to us
- The process is completely online; there will be no scope for making any intimation for an incomplete or wrongly filled application. Incomplete or wrongly filled up application or application with lack of essential documents will summarily be rejected
- Any legal proceedings in respect to any matter of claim or dispute arising out of this advertisement and/or application can be lodged only in Delhi Courts/ Tribunals/ Forums and Delhi Courts/Tribunal/Forums only shall have the sole and exclusive jurisdiction to try any case / dispute
- Advertisement and its guidelines are also available at the website www.inspire-dst.gov.in
Inspire Fellowship 2018 Last Date
- Online Application Submissions will be commenced from 10th September 2018
- Application Deadline: 10th October 2018