ICHR JRF 2019 – Indian Council of Historical Research, New Delhi announces Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) for the PhD Courses 2019
ICHR Junior Research Fellowship 2019 – Indian Council of Historical Research (ICHR), New Delhi has announced notification for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) for the PhD Courses for the academic year 2019-20
The selected fellows will be awarded fellowship of 17600/- (Rupees seventeen thousand and six hundred only) per month plus contingency grant of Rs.16500/- (Rupees sixteen thousand and five hundred only) per annum for a period of Two years.
Also See: Scholarships 2019
- The Fellowship shall be for a maximum period of 2 years, extendable by 1 more year in special circumstances if recommended by the Research Projects Committee.
- The Maximum numbers of Junior Research Fellowships to be awarded for the current year 2019-2020 are eighty (80) only, applying the usual reservation for SC/ST & PwD.
Eligibility Criteria for ICHR Junior Research Fellowship 2019
- Candidates who have registered in recognized Universities for PhD program in History and its allied subjects are eligible to apply for the Fellowship (JRF)
- The aspirants belonging to ST/ SC, physically challenged categories who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent exam are eligible for this fellowship and aspirants who are admitted to a PhD program in History and its allied subjects can apply for Fellowship (JRF)
ICHR Junior Research Fellowship Exam Pattern
- The examination will be conducted in two Stages.
- Stage I examination will be conducted online and will consist of 100 Objective type questions. Each question will carry 01 mark (Total 100 marks).
- There will be no negative marking.
- The candidate has to choose his/her area of specialisation (Ancient/ Medieval/ Modern India) at the time of filling online JRF application form. All the questions in the question paper will be based on the area of specialisation opted by the candidate in the application form.
- The candidates shortlisted on the basis of merit of Stage I examination will be called for the Presentation and Interview.
- Each shortlisted candidate will have to make a Presentation based on his/her registered PhD research topic (8-10 minutes, preferably PowerPoint) followed by an interview.
- Presentation and Interview will carry a maximum of 60 marks.
- All shortlisted candidates should bring their Hall Tickets issued for Stage I entrance exam while coming for the Presentation and Interview.
Award of Fellowship
- Merit will be drawn on the basis of aggregate marks of Stage I and II, that is, 100 + 60 = 160 (total marks).
- The Stage I entrance examination will be held at following centres of ICHR:
- New Delhi
- The Stage II (Presentation and Interview) will be conducted at the ICHR, Headquarters, Delhi only.
ICHR Junior Research Fellowship 2019 Application Procedure
- Eligible and interested scholars may apply online through the ICHR website (www.ichr.ac.in)
- Hard copy of the application generated after filling of online application [with auto generated number] duly signed and along with the requisite documents should be submitted
- The applicant should attach self attested copies of the certificates of educational qualifications, date of birth, experience and signed copy of check list etc., and send by post to the following address: Member Secretary, Indian Council of Historical Research, No. 35 Ferozeshah Road, New Delhi-110001
- An application fee of Rs. 500/- (Rupees five hundred only) shall be paid in the form of a Demand Draft drawn in favour of the DDO, ICHR, [payable at Delhi]. (candidates belonging to SC/ST/Persons with Disability (PWD) category are exempted from payment of the fee)
- Submission of application both online and printout of the same along with computer generated unique ID number is mandatory. Hard copies of applications without unique Id. Number will not be accepted.
- Online submission of application is a must and can be done via ICHR website www.ichr.ac.in
ICHR Junior Research Fellowship 2019 Dates
- Online Submission of JRF Application Opens on: 01st December 2018
- Last date for online submission: 30th December 2018
- Last date for submitting printouts of applications submitted online: 10th January 2019
- The JRF Stage I online entrance test will be held on 20th January 2019 (11-00am to 1-00pm)
- Declaration of Stage I result on the ICHR Website: 25th January 2019
- Presentation and Interview (Stage II): 14th -16th February 2019
Indian Council of Historical Research (ICHR) New Delhi
(An Autonomous Organization), MHRD, Govt. of India, ICHR New Delhi, 35 Ferozeshah Road, New Delhi-110001, Phone No.: +91-11-23382321, Email: email@example.com, Website www.ichr.ac.in