> Scholarship 2018-19
> ICMR Post Doctoral Research Fellowship 2018, Application,Dates
ICMR Post Doctoral Research Fellowship 2018, Application,Dates
Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) releases notification for Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship 2018
ICMR Post Doctoral Research Fellowship 2018 – ICMR Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Scheme is being instituted to foster high quality research opportunities to promising fresh PhD/ MD/MS holders in the cutting edge areas of basic science, communicable and non communicable diseases, and reproductive health including nutrition at ICMR Institutes /Centers.
Also See : Scholarships
ICMR Post Doctoral Research Fellowship 2018 Details
- ICMR intends to offer fifty (50) such fellowships every year for working in ICMR Institutes/Centers with state-of-art R&D facilities.
- These fellowships will be allocated by Director General, ICMR, depending upon the needs of the Institute /Centre.
Eligibility Criteria for ICMR Post Doctoral Research Fellowship 2018
- Fresh PhDs/MD/MS within three years of completing their PhD/MD/MS and also those who have received their provisional PhD/MD/MS. Degree.
- PDF Guide should be having the minimum designation of Scientist-C grade.
- Postgraduate medical students are also permitted to carry out ICMR’s PDF in MCI recognized postgraduate medical colleges wherein minimum of three batches have obtained their postgraduate degree.
- ICMR Postdoctoral Research Fellowship is open to Indian nationals only.
- Two years and extendable for maximum one more year based on outstanding performance and recommendations by the Director / Officer-in-Charge of the concerned ICMR Institutes/ Centers.
Maximum Age Limit
- 32 years, relaxable upto 5 years in case of SC/ST/OBC/PH and women candidates, as on last date of application (30 June and 31 December). For deserving candidates age can be relaxed maximum upto maximum of 3 years based on earlier work done, publications, awards etc. along with the request by sponsoring Director /Director-in-charge.
- ICMR Post Doctoral Fellows will be paid a consolidated fellowship of Rs.50,000/- per month plus House Rent Allowance (HRA), Non Practicing allowance (NPA) as admissible and a contingency grant of Rs.3.0 lakhs per annum. 25% of the contingency grant can be used for travel including per diem expenses.
- Selection of the “ICMR Centenary Postdoctoral Research Fellows” will be made through interview of short listed candidates by specially constituted Committees by Director General based on their publications, citation and its impact factor.
Accommodation & Other Benefits:
- Accommodation may be provided by ICMR Institutes/ Centers if available. However, in such cases HRA will not be paid. ICMR Postdoctoral Fellows will be entitled for medical benefits and leave as per the ICMR rules for JRF/Research Associates.
ICMR Post Doctoral Research Fellowship 2018 Application Form
- Please read the instructions, given at ICMR website carefully before filling the Application Form (Annexure-I). The Application Proforma is also provided there (Annexure II)
- List of ICMR Institutes/Centers are available at ICMR web Page at icmr.org.in. Applications complete in all respect must reach on or before the closing date (twice in a year)
- Candidates are advised to contact the Director/ Officer-in Charge of ICMR Institutes/Centers where they are interested to pursue their PDF. Applicants can visit the site at icmr.org.in to know the activities of the Institutes/ centers and to know the their mandates
- Application received without the recommendation of the Director/Officer-in charge of the sponsoring ICMR institutes/centers will not be entertained.
- Completed application should be accompanied by all the requisite documents. You are requested to go through the ‘check list’ of documents before submitting the application. Incomplete applications are liable to be rejected.
ICMR Post Doctoral Research Fellowship 2018 Date
- Last Date for Online Registration for Scholarship is 31st December 2018
For further details on the same, click here