Home >> Scholarships 2019 >>
Harvard University Environmental Fellowships 2019, Application Date
Harvard University announces Environmental Fellowships 2019
Harvard University Environmental Fellowships 2019 – The Harvard University Center for the Environment created the Environmental Fellows program to enable recent doctorate recipients to use and expand Harvard’s extraordinary resources to tackle complex environmental problems.
Eligibility for funding extends to candidates with a doctorate or equivalent in any subject area from any university in the world. Moreover, candidates may propose research projects in any discipline.
Also See: Scholarships 2019
Eligibility Criteria for Harvard University Environmental Fellowships 2019
- Candidates for 2019 Environmental Fellowships should have received their terminal degree between May 2015 and August 2019. (Fellows must have filed their dissertation before starting their appointment in September 2019)
- Candidates with a doctorate or equivalent in any field are eligible, and they may propose research projects in any discipline. Applicants without a Ph.D. may apply if they have studied in fields where the Ph.D. is not the typical terminal degree. All successful candidates will be able to demonstrate experience performing scholarly research.
- Candidates may have received their degrees at any university in the world. Foreign nationals are eligible for fellowships, though study at Harvard requires proficiency in English.
- The fellowship includes a salary of $68,000 per year, employee health insurance eligibility, up to $2,500 reimbursement for relocation expenses, and a $2,500 annual allowance for travel and other professional expenses.
- The Harvard University Center for the Environment expects to award approximately six fellowships for the 2019 cohort. The Center will organize a co-curricular program to ensure that the fellows get to know each other and each other’s work.
- All fellows will attend biweekly dinners with their colleagues, faculty members, and guests.
Harvard University Environmental Fellowships 2019 Selection Criteria
- Applicant’s prior academic and professional success and his or her potential contribution to scholarship or practice.
- Project proposals are carefully evaluated by a committee of HUCE faculty. The proposed project should represent an independent line of inquiry, clearly extending beyond the candidate’s Ph.D. work as well as the host’s ongoing research. The relevance of the proposed work for addressing environmental issues, along with demonstration of excellent potential for intellectual achievement, are critical factors in the selection process.
Harvard University Environmental Fellowships 2019 Application Process
- Candidates those who are interested can apply through the given link: http://environment.harvard.edu/application
- Please complete the online application form (on this page) by January 16, 2019 at 5 p.m. (EST) and attach the relevant supporting documents as PDFs:
- curriculum vitae including list of publications;
- detailed research proposal where applicants should explain their specific reasons for applying to a Harvard residential environmental fellowship (maximum of five pages, references counted separately)
- up to three publications/writing samples.
Harvard University Environmental Fellowships 2019 Date
- The application for the 2019 cohort is now open. Deadline for all submissions is 16th January 2019