Delhi Govt. announces Chief Ministers’ Urban Leaders Fellowship Program 2018
Delhi CMs Urban Leaders Fellowship Program 2018 – Delhi Government has invited applications for the Chief Minister’s Urban Leaders Fellowship Program, aimed at making Delhi among the best governed cities in the world.
About the Program
- The Chief Minister’s Urban Leaders Fellowship Program provides a unique opportunity to young leaders across India to work within Delhi government to address some of the most pressing urban challenges in India, and experience what ‘making change happen’ looks like. The Fellowship aims to attract outstanding young men and women from across the country under the age of 35 years who are passionate about public service and are willing to work for two years.
Also See : Scholarships 2018
- Fellows will be assigned to work with Ministers or Senior officials across various departments of Delhi government such as Education, Health, Water, Environment, Transport, Art & Culture etc.
- Fellows will provide analytical support in the formulation of policies, implementation of projects and various governance initiatives.
- Remuneration of Rs.1,25,000 per month will be provided to Fellows (20 positions) and RS.75,000 per month will to Associate Fellows (10 positions).
About the Fellowship
- The Fellowship Program will last for two years and will consist of the following components:
- Induction: Selected fellows will undergo a structured induction Program over the first three weeks, consisting of two phases;
- Training (1 week): Fellows will be trained on Govt. Processes and functioning, effective communication, leadership and conflict resolution, project ownership, working with communities, monitoring and evaluation etc. through lectures and interactive sessions with senior officers/ministers of the Delhi Govt.t, and subject matter experts from academia and civil society.
- Field immersion (2 weeks): Fellows will spend focused time on the field experiencing the day-today functioning of the departments they have been assigned to and forming their own impressions of the field-level challenges, and possible solutions. They will prepare a policy note summarizing their analysis of the challenges, and recommendations.
- Fellowship Assignment: Each Fellow will be assigned to one of the departments of the Delhi
- government at the time of appointment. After they join, they will receive details on their Fellowship Assignment which will include the key initiative(s) within the department that they will be contributing to, and specific details on roles and responsibilities. Allocation of fellowship assignments will depend upon both the needs of departments of GNCTD, and the skills and work experience that each of the Fellows bring.
CMs Urban Leaders Fellowship 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility Criteria for Fellows (either one of the following should apply)
- PhD degree with minimum one year full-time work experience
- Post-Graduate with minimum 60% of marks (or equivalent CGPA) with minimum 3 years fulltime work experience. Professionals such as MBBS, LLB etc. with minimum 5 year course of study after 12th class will be considered as “Post-Graduate”
- Professionals like Chartered Accountants, Company Secretaries etc. who are registered with their respective professional bodies shall be eligible to apply for Fellows if they have minimum 3 years of post-registration work experience
- Graduate with minimum 60% of marks (or equivalent CGPA) with minimum 5 years full-time work experience.
Eligibility Criteria for Associate Fellows (either one of the following should apply)
- Post-Graduate with minimum 60% of marks (or equivalent CGPA). Professionals such as MBBS, LLB etc. with minimum 5 year course of study after 12th class will be considered as “Post Graduate”
- Graduate with minimum 60% of marks (or equivalent CGPA) with minimum one year full-time work experience
- Professionals like Chartered Accountants, Company Secretaries etc. who are registered with their respective professional bodies shall be eligible to apply for Associate Fellows if they have minimum one year of post-registration work experience
- Extra weightage will be given to candidates with:
- Superior academic performance and achievement
- Greater full-time work experience
- Relevant work experience in public service and development sector, especially governments
- Demonstration of outstanding achievements and leadership potential
- Good oral and written communication skills
- The Chief Minister’s Urban Leadership Fellows Program invites application for outstanding young leaders who are Indian citizens or holding OCI status and between 21-35 years of age
CMs Urban Leaders Fellowship 2018 Application Form
- The selection process of the Fellowship programme will consist of two rounds:
- Online Application: The first round of shortlisting will be done based on academic and professional qualifications of the applicants, and their responses to personal statement question in the online application. Candidates will be evaluated on criteria such as academic performance, credibility of institution, total years and relevance of work experience, and motivation for the Fellowship programme. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the interview round
- Interview: The final round will consist of a face-to-face interview with a panel comprising officials from the Government of NCT of Delhi, and experts from academia and civil society. Candidates will be interviewed either in-person in Delhi (preferred) or through video Conferencing
- For more details and to apply, visit www.cmulf.dtu.ac.in
CMs Urban Leaders Fellowship 2018 Important Dates
- Applications Deadline is 04th November 2018
- Following are the key timelines of the Fellowship Program
- First Shortlist Announcement will be made on 15th November 2018
- Final Interviews will be between 26th & 27th November 2018
- Final List will be announced on 30th November 2018
- Selected Candidates have to accept offers by 07th December 2018
- Fellowship Program begins on 07th January 2019