ASEAN-India Science and Technology Development Fund announces ASEAN India Research Fellowship 2019
ASEAN-India Research Training Fellowship 2019 for ASEAN Researchers – Applications are invited for ASEAN-India Research Training Fellowship (AIRTF) for ASEAN Researchers supported by ASEAN-India Science & Technology Development Fund (AISTDF). In order to support and facilitate mobility among young talented researchers of ASEAN MS, India and ASEAN instituted the scheme ASEAN-India Research Training Fellowship (AIRTF) Scheme for ASEAN young researchers to work at any of the Indian research/ academic Institution.
See: Scholarships in India
ASEAN India Research Fellowship program Calls for Application
- The ASEAN India Research Training Fellowships scheme is a fellowship scheme with the following objectives:
- To promote mobility of scientists and researchers from the ASEAN-Member Countries to India and provide them opportunity to work at Indian R&D/ academic institutions to upgrade their research skills and expertise.
- To facilitate exchange of information and contacts between the scientists and researchers of India and ASEAN Countries and create a network for building research collaborations.
- As a spin-off, the Fellowship awardees may also have opportunity to get co-supervisors from India for their research projects for Ph.D. or Masters degree on their return to their home countries.
- Fellowships are available to pursue research training program
Number of Fellowships
- Initially to start with 50 (fifty) Fellowships per year shall be awarded to young scientists and researchers from ASEAN-Member Countries to get affiliated with Indian academic and R&D institutions. These Fellowships shall be equally distributed among ASEAN Member Country.
Duration of Fellowship
- The duration of the Fellowship will be for a period of two to six months. A minor variation in the duration would be allowed on recommendations of the Indian host Institute/ University depending upon the actual requirement of the research project as mutually agreed between the Fellowship holder and the Indian host institution.
Area of Fellowships
- Areas of the Fellowship (SEAN India research training fellowships). Fellowship will be offered for working in research topics under any of the following broad disciplines:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Biological and Medical Sciences
- Chemical Sciences & Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Physical Sciences and Mathematics
- Ocean, Earth & Atmospheric Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Materials, Minerals and Metallurgy
- Science Policy / IPR Management / Technology Transfer & Commercialisation
- Other multi-disciplinary areas of Science, Technology and Innovation in alignment with APASTI.
See: Latest Entrance Exams Notification
Eligibility Requirements for ASEAN-India Research Training Fellowship 2019
- Nationals of any of the ASEAN Member State are eligible to apply for this fellowship program
- Applicant must be holding nationality of any of the ASEAN Member State
- Possess at-least a Masters Degree in any Natural Sciences or an equivalent degree in Technology /Engineering/Medicine/allied disciplines.
- Applicant should be working in a national R&D or academic institution in his/ her home ASEAN Member country. The application should be endorsed by the Head of his/ her institution confirming that if selected, he/ she will be sanctioned leave for the Fellowship period and will join his/ her duties back in the institution on completion of the Fellowship in India.
- The upper age limit for the applicant is 45 years as on date of submission of application.
- Fluency in English language
- Indian nationals are not eligible for the Fellowship.
ASEAN-India Research Training Fellowship 2019 Application Process
- The Applicant should submit the application, through email, to the Science & Technology Division of ASEAN Secretariat with a copy to IMRC Division, Department of Science & Technology in the enclosed format along with the following enclosures:
- Application Form (Annexure-II)
- Copy of Relevant Pages of Passport
- Copy of an endorsement from present employer, duly filled in and signed, along with Signature of the applicant. Take a print out of the format of Endorsement of Present Employer appended at the end of the Application format and attach a scanned copy of the appropriately filled up document along with the application form).
- A copy of the letter / email from any Indian scientist/ institution with consent to accept you to work with them, if you get selected.
- The application form must be filled up only in typed script (Not Handwritten). Incomplete and illegible applications will be rejected.
ASEAN-India Research Training Fellowship 2019 Important Dates
- Applications can be submitted at any time during the year. Application will be processed in two cycles ending 30th June and 31st December 2019 of each year.
For any further information, visit https://aistic.gov.in/ASEAN/aistdfFellowship