Swarna Jayanti Fellowships 2019 for Young Scientists
Swarna Jayanti Fellowships 2019 – Govt. of India had instituted a scheme, “The Swarnajayanti Fellowships Scheme” to commemorate India’s fiftieth year of Independence. Swarnajayanti Fellowships Scheme 2019 invites applications from young scientists
Under this scheme, a selected number of young scientists are provided special assistance and support to enable them to pursue basic research in frontier areas of science and technology. The fellowships are scientist specific and not institution specific, very selective and have close academic monitoring.
Also See : Scholarship 2019
- The duration of the fellowship will be for a period not exceeding five years.
Eligibility Criteria for Swarna Jayanti Fellowships 2019
- The applicant should possess PhD in Science/ Engineering/ Medicine and should not be drawing Fellowship from any other Scheme of GOI
- Scientists should be active in the frontier area of science and engineering with outstanding contributions in the form of research publications and/ or patents, peer recognition from scientific community, awards etc. in his/ her area of research
- The fellowship is open to Indian Nationals having a regular position in a recognized Indian academic/research organization; the organization/institute should also undertake financial and other management responsibilities of the project throughout the five year term in case fellowship is awarded to the scientist
- The fellowship is open to scientists between 30 to 40 years of age as on 31st December 2018. Applications from candidates who have completed 40 years of age as on or before 31st December 2018 will not be considered.
- Selection procedure will include consideration at various stages
- Dept. constitutes a Subject Committee which screens applications received and calls the screened in applicants for presentation
- Candidates shortlisted after presentation by the Subject Committees will have to make presentation to the National Core Committee of Experts which gives its final recommendations
Swarna Jayanti Fellowships 2019 Application Process
- Applications for the “Swarna Jayanti Fellowships” are invited from eligible candidates in the format given below
- Candidates may be required to submit further additional information as required and present the project idea before final selection
- Only one hard copy duly forwarded and one soft copy of the complete application (to be sent over email in pdf format as a single file without annexures) in the prescribed format along with the project document should be submitted to:
Jacob V. V. Scientist SJF Cell, Department of Science & Technology,
Technology Bhawan, New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi-110016
Note: This advertisement is also available on the internet website at: https://www.dst.gov.in
Swarna Jayanti Fellowships 2019 Important Dates
- Last Date of submission of application: 31st March 2019
Dept. of Science & Technology,
New Delhi, Email email@example.com, Website www.dst.gov.in