SAARC Scholarship 2018 for PhD in Agricultural Economics in Sri Lanka
SAARC PhD Scholarship in Agriculture 2018
SAARC PhD Scholarship in Agriculture 2018 - Applications are invited from potential candidates of SAARC Member Countries (Except Bangladesh) to pursue PhD study in Agricultural Economics in Sri Lanka. Candidates should submit their applications to Director, SAARC Agriculture Centre (SAC), Dhaka, Bangladesh on or before 15th April 2018
Call for Applications -South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) Agricultural PhD Scholarships 2018 in Agricultural Economics at Postgraduate Institute of Agriculture, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka.
Also See : Scholarships 2019
Details of SAARC Agriculture Centre (SAC)
- SAARC Agriculture Centre (SAC) has taken initiatives to support aspiring agricultural scientists of the region to pursue their PhD Degree Programs in reputed agricultural universities in SAARC Region and SAC is delighted to announce the launch of annual doctoral scholarship grant for the academic year 2018
- Scholarships provide financial support for applicants from SAARC Member States to undertake a postgraduate qualification at PhD level in the field of agriculture and allied disciplines for 3 years
- Scholarships are competitive and merit-based providing opportunities for regular employees of the National Agricultural Research and Extension System (NARES) in respective SAARC Member States to gain their PhD qualifications
Also See : Scholarships
- Duration of Scholarship: 3 years
- Host University: Bangladesh Agricultural University (BAU), Mymensingh, Bangladesh
- Scholarship Award
- Economy class airfare from home country to Sri Lanka and return at the end of the PhD study will be provided to the selected candidate
- Tuition fee (partially waived by the host institute) Living allowances at the rate of USD 600 per month for up to 3 years will be provided.
- A one-time grant of USD 1000 will also be provided to cover up expenditure for books, study materials, computer, and thesis production.
- To cover up research and other costs, a grant of USD 1000 per year will be provided with the recommendation of PhD supervisor
- Applicant must be a citizen of a SAARC Member State (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka) and must be a regular employee of the National Agricultural Research and Extension System (NARES) of the respective Member States
- Applicants must be age of 45 years or below on the date of the application deadline(15th April 2018)
- Applicant should have a relevant postgraduate qualification (MSc/ MS/ MPhil) in agriculture or allied sciences with excellent academic records and good command of spoken and written English. Candidates having publications on climate change and conservation agriculture would get preference
- Applicant must be available full time for the PhD study in Sri Lanka from 2018 for 3 years
- Applications received from member countries by the deadline (15th April 2018) will be pre-evaluated by the Committee headed by Director, SAC according to the following criteria:
- Academic records of the candidate (Bachelor degree and postgraduate degree)
- Publications and experience in relevant field
- Relevancy and quality of PhD research synopsis
- Final evaluation and selection will be made by SAC–BAU (host university) joint evaluation team
- Applications are invited from potential candidates who have interest in PhD study on this particular area
- Candidates should submit application along with PhD synopsis and supporting documents (certified copies of postgraduate and basic degree certificates, current CV, list of publications) to Director, SAC through the relevant ministries and SAARC Division under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs / External Affairs of the home country with endorsements on or before 15th April 2018
- A scanned copy of the set of application may be sent directly to Director, SAC via email as an advance copy
- Circular for calling applications and Application Performa are available on www.sac.org.bd
- Applications Received from Member Countries by the Deadline: 15th April 2018
Agriculture Centre (SAC)BARC Complex, New Airport Road, Dhaka 1215, Bangladesh, (email@example.com), Website www.sac.org.bd
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India