National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI) PhD Admission 2019
National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute PhD (Biotechnology) Program Admission 2019
NABI Mohali PhD Admission 2019 - National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI), Mohali invites applications from the motivated students for admission to the PhD Degree Program in Biotechnology starting 2019 session.
See: PhD Admissions
- NABI is a recognized centre of the Regional Centre for Biotechnology (RCB), Faridabad to conduct PhD (Biotechnology)
- The Program will be conducted at NABI and the degree will be awarded by RCB (www.rcb.res.in), an institution of national importance created by an act of parliament
PhD Program Details
- The duration is for 5 years and a maximum of 7 years
- The objective of the Program is to prepare students to conduct high quality research and disseminate it to scholarly and others and become think tanks
Area of PhD Research Work
- Agricultural Biotechnology, Food Biotechnology, and Nutrition Biotechnology
No. of Seats
- 11 (Reservation of seats: as per GOI guidelines)
NABI Mohali PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last date of application submission is 15th June 2019
- Date of Interview: 08th July 2019
Eligibility Criteria for NABI Mohali PhD Admission 2019
- Minimum qualification: M.Sc./M.Tech in any area of life sciences/ M.Pharma/ M.V.Sc./ M.B.B.S. or an equivalent degree.
- Qualifying marks: 55% total marks or equivalent score in the qualifying degree (5% relaxation will be given to SC/ST/OBC as per GOI norms).
- In addition to above, the candidate for admission shall qualify a national level test for pursuing Doctor of Philosophy Program and such test include a doctoral fellowship or admission eligibility test conducted at the national level by the UGC or Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), or Indian Council for Medical Research (ICMR), or Dept. of Science and Technology (DST), or Dept. of Biotechnology (DBT), or any other Govt. recognised agency
- Candidates who have appeared, or will be appearing, in the qualifying degree exam (final year/final semester) and whose result is still awaited may also apply
- The students admitted to the program will have to avail the fellowship offered to them from the different granting agencies as per their rules
NABI Mohali PhD Admission 2019 Application Procedure
- The details of Admission, Application Form, PhD course work and Brochure are available at NABI website www.nabi.res.in
- The particulars of Admission, Application Form, PhD course work can be found at NABI site (www.nabi.res.in)
- Eligible applicants may send their applications via post for admission to the PhD program to Manager Administration, National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI), Sector-81, Knowledge City, Mohali- 140306 (Punjab) along with application fee of Rs. 500/plus GST @ 18 percent i.e. Rs 590/-.
- The application received after the last date will not be considered
NABI Mohali (Punjab)
National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI), (Dept. of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India) Sector-81, Knowledge City, Mohali-140306, Punjab (INDIA), Website www.nabi.res.in
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India